Provari vs itaste vv 3.0 vs MVP 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Lee

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
FLA
The iTaste 3.0 simply is too small a battery to effectively hold its output despite the circuitry designed to do so and you may indeed notice a small (not major) drop off as the battery depletes...

...The MVP 2 may be a great choice as it matches the iTaste 3.0 features, but with a 2600mah battery, keeps a more constant "hit" throughout its run time...

I have and use both the iTaste 3.0 as well as the MVP 2, and they are both great devices. The iTaste 3.0 is simply a more "carryable" device for me, but the MVP 2 I prefer for its great all-day plus run time.

Don't have a Provari...

Same here. as long as the button light is green, the delivery seems consistent to me. I can tell, usually within a couple of puffs when the green lights is going yellow. At that point, i rotate devices. I enjoy both devices and use them daily.

I did notice that on "identical" settings with a twist type battery, both the itaste and mvp2 seemed to give a stronger vape. (same evod/juice on all 3)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Just a question don't mean to jump on the thread does anyone know what trigger switch mech is in the ProVari and what it's MTBF? Is the trigger switch guaranteed?

the button on the provari is nothing but plastic it is attached to nothing. but on the board is a military style electronic leaf switch there is no physical or mechanical button, when you press down on the plastic button it pushes down a rubber plunger which forces a copper plate or leaf down onto two nubs which then make the contact, rated MTBF is 1 million plus presses. it is very hard to wear out something that isnt rubbing or moving.

this style is also directly responsible for the provari not misfiring in the pocket or why it seems mushy if you dont press hard enough. it requires a good solid press or it doesnt fire.

every single part of the provari is covered under warranty, when the warranty expires they will repair it for little cost. i think the switch is like 20 bucks? even the whole curcuit board is only 65 bucks.

P7040078.jpg

some people complain about the button and things like the LED screen but they miss the point. these are things the military still uses today because they have proven to be ultra reliable. they are trying to make the toughest mod you can get not the prettiest.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I have to be honest, a few of us who vape ProVaris have noticed a power drop, but it's just the last puff or two before the battery blinks to be charged. It's actually a little funny, because I forget about it so often. I'll be vaping along and suddenly get a weak puff. Just as I think WTH was that? and look down at it, the light is blinking. To be fair, the way I hold it when I vape, I can't see the light on the firing button or the LED screen, so it's possible it was already blinking when I took the last puff.

It's always consistent right up until it blinks (as opposed to my Vamo or Zmax, that have more noticeable drops early on), but I thought I'd mention it, because I'm not the only person who has experienced it. I also wanted to demonstrate that ProVari owners are not defensive fanbois who will never say anything that even remotely appears to be negative about their device of choice. :)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
LOL i agree with that last puff drop it gets me everytime.

Someone started a thread about it in the sub-forum months ago and I was the only person who agreed with him. We pretty much got jumped on - seriously - LOL! How could I be vaping my ProVari wrong? I have since met a few other people who have noticed it, but were too shy to say anything.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I have a couple of MVPs V1 and they do seem to do a better job than some of the other Chinese mods, as explained above. I notice the voltage drop when the battery indicator is yellow. However, the internal battery is an issue for me. Since I love box mods, I have a VTR, which has removable batteries. I get the same battery drop from it as the MVP. And it's really heavy, which is not an issue for me, but may be for others.

I also have 3 ProVaris, which I use the most due to no voltage drop regardless of the battery. They are worth the money, IMO.

I think one's decision should be based on what they can afford, and what they are looking for in a mod. I didn't buy my ProVari because it was cool and everyone had one. I got it because it had features that I wanted.

ETA: I have also noticed the voltage drop on a ProVari right before the battery dies.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I have a couple of MVPs V1 and they do seem to do a better job than some of the other Chinese mods, as explained above. I notice the voltage drop when the battery indicator is yellow. However, the internal battery is an issue for me. Since I love box mods, I have a VTR, which has removable batteries. I get the same battery drop from it as the MVP. And it's really heavy, which is not an issue for me, but may be for others.

I also have 3 ProVaris, which I use the most due to no voltage drop regardless of the battery. They are worth the money, IMO.

I think one's decision should be based on what they can afford, and what they are looking for in a mod. I didn't buy my ProVari because it was cool and everyone had one. I got it because it had features that I wanted.

ETA: I have also noticed the voltage drop on a ProVari right before the battery dies.

I keep hearing that the VTR is heavy. Is it heavier than a ProVari?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
ProVari + Z-Atty + Battery + Juice = 9 oz
VTR + iClear 30S + Battery + Juice = 13 1/8 oz

Yikes! I was surprised at the weight when I got my Bobo. I assumed it would be a hollow body, but it's machined from a solid block of aluminum. With a 1/2 full Protank is weighs over 9 oz, which can feel pretty heavy after awhile. I'm not sure I could hold 13 oz comfortably for very long.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
I have the light on my Provari set to off, so it doesn't light up when I vape and it doesn't blink when the battery is starting to get low. So as a result the battery will go from working to dead on me about 3 times a day. I'm always surprised when it happens too, you just can't tell that it's coming. If it dies say 3 seconds in to a normal drag you really don't notice any drop in power till about 1 second before it dies, it really is quite remarkable.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I really like the vape on the Provari. But as I have told a few folks, it is just too heavy for me once I put the battery in.
What is the next best for somebody like me then?

BTW, talking about signal, I should know this, but the VVREO uses the notcigs chip I think, does anyone know what the signal is on that?

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
the button on the provari is nothing but plastic it is attached to nothing. but on the board is a military style electronic leaf switch there is no physical or mechanical button, when you press down on the plastic button it pushes down a rubber plunger which forces a copper plate or leaf down onto two nubs which then make the contact, rated MTBF is 1 million plus presses. it is very hard to wear out something that isnt rubbing or moving.

this style is also directly responsible for the provari not misfiring in the pocket or why it seems mushy if you dont press hard enough. it requires a good solid press or it doesnt fire.

every single part of the provari is covered under warranty, when the warranty expires they will repair it for little cost. i think the switch is like 20 bucks? even the whole curcuit board is only 65 bucks.

View attachment 279850

some people complain about the button and things like the LED screen but they miss the point. these are things the military still uses today because they have proven to be ultra reliable. they are trying to make the toughest mod you can get not the prettiest.

Many thanks for the info and pics ECF is a great vaping resource!

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
If you take a look at voltage regulation and accuracy of the output, there's no comparison at all. The Provari wins hands down. I own all the APV's mentioned and 30 others as well. Comparing inaccurate variable wattage as is found in almost all of the Chinese devices against the accuracy of the variable voltage in the Provari, the clear winner is the Provari. There are many tests on YouTube that demonstrate these points quite well. Personally, I think voltage regulation is everything as it provides a noticeably better vape throughout the discharge cycle, making the Provari vape superior, imho. I also have a Semovar which may have even slightly better voltage regulation than the Provari. Take either one, and the vape is hands down better than any Chinese mod, including the eVic, which is still top of the line in voltage regulation for China Mods. I'm not anti-China, I'm pro quality, reliability, accuracy, durability and quality vape. It's an apples and oranges comparison, one we seem to see daily on the forum these days. That being said, if you don't like the price of the Provari and aren't sure if it's worth it, then please don't get one. I'll keep my three and love it. They are my daily workhorses mods day in and day out.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I keep hearing that the VTR is heavy. Is it heavier than a ProVari?

Way heavier. Phil Brusardo weight them both in a video on the VTR. The ProVari was 4oz or so. And the VTR was like twice that. With the iClear and a battery is was just of 10oz. However, I like that. It does not feel cheap to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread