EU Public Health England instructs companies on vaping policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Employers instructed to support vaping
It seems England is the only country on Earth not dead set on destroying vaping.
I read the article. vaping is tolerated on the shop floor where I work. I was the second to take advantage of that. There might be 8-10 now out of 80 guys on the floor. It's a very nice perk and is a huge incentive to switch for the smokers who are left.

I'm the enforcer. If somebody's got his power set to high, too much vaper, I'm the one who tells him to throttle back. Management has no policy, no rule. It's better that way. We discipline each other and that's more effective. The social norms for vaping behavior should be figured out informally and make rules when and if they are needed. Virtually all the vaping rules these days are a pointless response to nothing.

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
I'm the enforcer. If somebody's got his power set to high, too much vaper, I'm the one who tells him to throttle back.
You're actually dictating to people at what power setting the are and are now allowed to vape? So what is the maximum allowed wattage? 20 watts? And what if somebody vapes at 21 watts?

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
A beam of light remains but elsewhere the storm clouds are rolling in. Thank goodness Maggy didn't privatize Public Health back in the 80's or else other interests would be at play in the UK as in the US.
I'm very proud of England for standing up to everyone on vaping! However, I was disappointed that m'lady the Iron Woman was not the inventor of soft serve ice-cream in England. Apparently, it was the Labor Party who claimed that as a chemist, in her life prior to politics, she invented soft serve ice cream, by "adding air, lowering quality and raising profits" lol.

Reactions: juicynoos

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
You're actually dictating to people at what power setting the are and are now allowed to vape? So what is the maximum allowed wattage? 20 watts? And what if somebody vapes at 21 watts?
I didn't mean to imply such precision. No clouds on the shop floor. We build custom machines and lines of machings for the automotive business. The place has a lot of customer representatives a lot of the time so everybody is part of public relations to some degree. If we aren't discrete may be there's a rule and that would not be good. Guys self appoint themselves to be nannies about something or other. That's usually a good thing whether it's safety or quality of work, etc.. If there was reisitance I couldn't do it. It works because we all agree.

Here is an amazing chart from another thread.
NYTS%2B2011-2014.png

At first glance the chart seems to say kids are "smoking" more because the 2014 bar is taller than the rest but the important part is the dark blue showing the trends in kids who exclusively smoke tobacco cigarettes. THAT number is plunging, a free fall decline. What I observe is if you vape you'll smoke less and if you never stop vaping eventually you will stop smoking. The kids are now avoiding smoking much more successfully than my most optimistic guesses. Interfering with that is nutts. I think these numbers are the most important I've seen since I started vaping.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldBatty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread