Public Vaping and Mod Shame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Young

Verified Member
May 15, 2013
Phoenix AZ, USA
www.facebook.com
I just got my Vamo, but have yet to leave the house with it.

It's huge and strange looking. My significant other thinks I should take it with me when we go out but...it looks like a light saber, or worse, some kind of *personal* device.

FUNNY THING I WASN'T A BIT EMBARRASSED ABOUT SMOKING CIGARETTES.

Do you go out with your big odd looking mods?

P.S. I do have an eGo type battery and clearomizer that looks less conspicuous, that's what I've BEEN taking out, but the vape on my Vamo is so much better.

LunchusBoxious

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Ontario Canada
I think everyone goes through this at the beginning... The way I looked at it was that it was a chance to tell other people about vaping, because you will get looks and questions... I now take my mods with me everywhere lol... try running your VAMO with a single 18350, its not nearly as long (but bring an extra battery with you)... Happy Vaping!!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
From a practical standpoint, I take out smaller mods in the summer. I don't want a massive one in my pocket and my activities create dropping situations with bigger tubes. I use lower ohm clearos, so a small 3.7 volt mod gives me a good vape. I prefer palmable 18350 units, so my little Madvapes Gripper and Touchwood Mini get heavier use outdoors. The bigger mods go with me on car rides and to meets.

You could use the Vamo in 18350 mode to get it down to a more manageable size.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
No Shame to it. You're doing something that's a benefit to your health. I love sporting my Vamo out there. If people say something snide then it sucks to be them. If people get curious you might even help smokers who want to know about vaping. But then again I am known to sport purple top hats, sing and occasionally dance poorly. So I might not be the best to advise on what is publicly the best thing.

Really though don't be shy, be proud any mod out there is better than a smoke.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The intimidation you are experiencing using your larger PV is totally and only in your own head.

Don't be unnecessarily concerned about possible attention that you may draw to yourself for using a personal vaporizer. You are vaping, not smoking. You are using a far safer nicotine delivery device than a cigarette, and not endangering or annoying others with second hand smoke.

Don't act like you are commiting a criminal act when you vape while in public. If you present an shady or nervous appearance like you are commiting a socially unacceptable behavior, you draw more attention to yourself. Vape hard, vape strong, and vape proud. :vapor:

I carry my Provari or other PV's with me everywhere I go. I vape while in Walmart or the grocery store -- I do it discreetly and not in a congested area of other customers, but while walking down an isle. I openly vape at sporting events and concerts. Initially I would ask the security people if it was ok with them, but since they always said it was fine, I no longer bother.

Be careful if you choose to vape indoors in federal buildings where smoking laws may also include e-cigarettes. I still stealth vape when at the cinema, but I only do it from the last row and after the movie has started with the overhead lights out. I take care to hide the vapor via a second inhale technique. I use extreme care not to bother other cinema viewers.

E-cigarettes are becoming more common to the general public. TV ads for Blu and NJoy are out. Many people have friends or family who vape. You are just using an "advanced electronic cigarette" which is larger than the typical cigarette-looking batteries. That's what I tell curious on-lookers, and explain that it is not tobacco, is not smoke, but something similar to water vapor. That's all most onlookers need to know to satisfy any curiousity or concerns.

Last edited:

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I pack heavy. When out I usually have a Darwin in my back pocket and two Vari's in the car. If I have my computer bag with me then it is even worse since I throw in an Opus and now Opus D, some eGo twists and a kicked Super T Precise. I have no problem pulling any MOD out and at work my desk usually has three or four top end devices scattered about. I had no problem having a pack of smokes out or smoking in public so I vape the same way. Plus if someone wants to be a real bonehead a Vari can be an effective tool to knock some sense into said fool. happy Vapes

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
My Prothingy goes with me everywhere. And like GT, I set it on the table wherever I am. It rarely leaves my hand when walking around. People ask me about it such as, is that an ecig?, does it really work, what is that liquid?, and the best one....congratulations! :D

After explaining it, I always get that last remark :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread