Power matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

thxone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2013
Concord, NC
Power matters... What do I mean? I mean if you are going to vape, the battery you use can make all the difference. I started with Blu then moved to an eGo-T 650 then to the Vision 1300 spinner and finally onto the VAMO with two 18350's. With each progression the quality of the vape increased dramatically. I have had to fall back to my 1300's as I sold my VAMO. Though the 1300's are great, have stamina, are adjustable and look good... They just don't do what the stacked 18350's did in the VAMO. I tried the VAMO with a single 18350 and I could tell instantly, even at the same wattage, the vape quality was less. I am hesitant to try a single 18650 when I get another VAMO since it will be the same 3.7v as the single 18350... just more mAh's.

My opinion... if you want outstanding vape... go with something VAMO like with stacked 18350's. tanks, RBA's and RDA's matter too. What would I suggest? I will list five... again, just my opinion.

1. Vision mini vivi Nova - Cheap and decent flavor and vapor... a good fall back tank
2. Kanger EVOD - Cheap and Holy Cow great flavor and vapor
3. Kanger Protank - Good flavor and vapor with a GLASS tank and looks great
4. AGA-T2 - Glass, looks, flavor, vapor, versitile and capacity - Downfalls are its advanced with many parts
5. IGO-L - Flavor, Vapor and so easy to set up and clean

The best middle ground I can suggest for someone who just wants to enjoy vaping without to many hassles:

Vision Spinner 1300 and a matching color Kanger EVOD.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
The best middle ground I can suggest for someone who just wants to enjoy vaping without to many hassles:

Vision Spinner 1300 and a matching color Kanger EVOD.
I have 2 spinners and 2 twists. I have and can recommend using Kanger protank, evod and T3s with it. If you prefer the top coil, I recommend vivi-novas and mini vivi-novas.

jdubba

May 4, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
I noticed the same things as I upgraded devices. I assumed it was just a matter of increased AMP limits on the better devices, along with just generally better voltage/power regulation. I didn't notice a difference though between stacking and non stacking batteries at the same power levels in the same device (itaste SVD). Watts are watts right? Or was I doing something wrong / missing out on some setting change when I tried the stacked 18350s? I would be interested in hearing other peoples experiences or explanations around this.

jdubba

May 4, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
I'd say the iClears beat Novas somewhat, but I did love my novas before I sold them.

My brief experience points to the juice being the deciding factor. With thinner juices, the iClear wins since it will wick it great with out all the tipping and twirling. However on the thicker juices, the nova tends to not gunk up as bad since it has fewer wicks. I've only been at this a couple of weeks though so I'm still trying to find my way around which things work for me and which one's don't.

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
I'd say the iClears beat Novas somewhat, but I did love my novas before I sold them.

I agree- the iClears are super dependable, and I love the dual coil. When Innokin made these they made them like tanks. I can have 3 atomizer heads in rotation for over a month. When I was using the non-changable Vision tanks the atomizers would conk out after only a few days of use.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
I find it comes down too the wick that makes the vape and taste for me,i use a nova with a stubby SS wick and its better than my AGA tank.

IMG_0320.jpg

Last edited:

BdMoore85

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
Norman, Oklahoma
I noticed the same things as I upgraded devices. I assumed it was just a matter of increased AMP limits on the better devices, along with just generally better voltage/power regulation. I didn't notice a difference though between stacking and non stacking batteries at the same power levels in the same device (itaste SVD). Watts are watts right? Or was I doing something wrong / missing out on some setting change when I tried the stacked 18350s? I would be interested in hearing other peoples experiences or explanations around this.

I noticed the same thing, when I run my device stacked it seems to put out more power (which in the vaping world is heat, or [watts] ) in watts mode and is stronger in volts mode as well....now this is comparing stacked 18350's to un stacked 18350....and this is when I use the same device, or when I switch devices that each have different ohms...I can't break it down "scientifically" or anything like that lol(wish I could), but this was just my observation as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread