Pulled The Big Batty Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapNfool

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Texas
Well, after much research...I pulled the trigger on a new big battery mod. I currently use a Vapor King (very pleased) but wanted something on the other end of the spectrum. I'm a tech-geek so this really got my attention. reviews have been very solid on this PV too. Soooo...drum roll please....here's my new big batty setup.:banana:

ProVape ProVari (variable voltage PV 3.3 - 6v). Lot's of cool program features on this unit too. I got the extension cap and two of the AW IRM 18650 1600mah battys. Ain't she just the purdiest thang?!

provari9.gif

animatedprovari.gif

Top Feeder - Super T Vapemate (silver) w/extra 5ml bottles

SDC11330.jpg

Drip Tip - Super T stainless steel (regular length)

SS3.jpg

Still haven't decided on attys. Looking at several options. Prolly gonna mod those too by removing the mesh/wick and de-bridging. Imma post in another forum for some feedback and advice on the attys. Anyhoo...I'm stoked and ready to pump out some serious vapor and flavors on this little darlin'. WooHoo!

throbinskin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
Very nice.... Ive been following the Map tank thread here on ecf and think this batt would look nice with it too..... I have been trying to do my own research on batt mods too... Why did you go with this batt when compared to others and what other large battery mods were you considering if not this one. Also who might be selling these for best prices if I may ask.... If you can't talk about prices here, could you pm me how much your setup goes for.... Thanks

VapNfool

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Texas
throb...I did look at the MAP tank system but decided on the VapeMate mainly for the following reason:

Juice volume/Convenience - the MAP has a 10ml tank and I didn't want to put that much juice in a feeder at one time. I wanted to keep juice tanks ready to go with different flavors and with the ~$30.00 price tag on the MAP tank, this was not cost effective. I hear the builder (mostrangrypirate) is gonna make a smaller one though (I think 5ml) so it might be a better option then...but still not as good as the VM me thinks for my needs anyway. The VapeMate uses 5ml bottles that can be screwed off/on the unit. So, I can keep several flavors ready to go and switch bottles very quickly. The unit comes with 2 bottles and you can get extra pack of 5 for $2.99. You can drain the MAP tank and refill but its a a lot more work and not as convenient as just swtiching bottles like the VM. I will admit that the MAP does look good on the Provari though.

images

I also looked at several other PVs:
A. Precise (Super T) - no variable voltage but extremely well built and over-the-top craftsmanship. The Provari isn't quite as nice on the craftsmanship side (close) but the Precise is not variable voltage.
B. Precious L (v2 by Caesar) - This one is variable and is made by one guy who lives in Romania. Can't get them atm since I guess he's totally swamped with orders. His site says its not available. On the other hand...I CAN get the Provari.
C. SabreTouch (VaporMoon) - This is another variable voltage mod but it seemed not as refined as I wanted (i.e. you change the voltage with a provided screwdriver used on a small screw in the body). Also, not as many voltage settings as the Provari.
D. FistPack (Nuck) - I didn't really want a "box" mod and this one has only four voltage settings from 4.3 - 5v. It does have a 2200mah battery setup though...nice. Pretty good craftsmanship but again, not as many voltage settings as the Provari.
E. Buzz (VariVolt) - Has variables but uses a screw again. This one has some refinement issues too. Not a native 510 device and uses an adapter. Still needs work IMO.

The variable voltage trend is the wave of the future for PV mods IMHO. The Provari seems to be on the cutting edge of this technology atm and it's available to the public. I'm a tech-geek too so this was right up my alley so to speak. I really like the idea of being able to custom-taylor my vape depending on the atty, carto, and juse combos I might use. The .1 increment setting modulations are small so you have tremendous control of the sitution at a hand. Very nice range of options available at your fingertips...literally.

The Provari is a well-built and visually appealing mod that uses intergrated circuitry. It boasts a highly level of craftsmanship and attention to detail. It has a full range of variable voltages from 3.3 all the way to a full 6v...at .1 increments up/down by simply tapping a button. It also reads out the current ohm resistance of whatever atty you have attached. This is an awesome feature since the ohm rating helps you know more accurately what voltage range to work in with any atty you use to get your custom vape. Oh, and the juice-well! Very nice. Deep AND it drains back into the atty!! Very cool feature. Another great feature is that because of the circuitry...it is able to use only ONE battery to get to 6v. This is quite innovative. No stacking of batteries, reversed polarity issues, or multiple batteries to charge. Nice and easy. The ProVari also has a slew of safety and monitoring features (you should really check these out too):

ProVari variable voltage e-cigarette! Order today!

The price is reduced atm from $199.00 to $159.00 so it's a great deal. Give it a look-see...I think you'll be impressed. Great reviews on it as well:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/electronic-cigarette-reviews/143766-first-impressions-new-provari.html

Pro Vari Review - Vapor Talk E Cig Forum

Provari Review

http://www.............com/showthread.php?t=26107

YouTube - PROVARI FINAL REVIEW shan burkholder shout out for the tank mods

YouTube - ProVari First Look

Anyhooo...hope that answers your questions and good luck. Keep vaping my friend!

Last edited:

VapNfool

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Texas
The drip tip is the "T-Tip" from Super T. Prolly the best one made IMO. As far as attys, I got quite a few to try (below). I decided not to get any LR attys for now as I see no need since I will prolly be vaping at HV anyway. Dunno yet but prolly want my wattage between 8-10 and running that level of watts with LR attys will hammer the battery. Might try some latter but hey....I have a HV mod...why not use that voltage?

The following ohms are what I found on the web. They can vary slightly of course but another cool feature of the Provari is that when I put each of these attys on, a menu in the PV will readout the resistance of the atty. I really looking forward to that feature and use my Ohm's Law Converter Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator to tweak the Provari's voltage to dial in the right wattage for the perfect vape! It's all numbers and really... I'M the one who will determine the perfect vape by how it FEELS...but it's fun to play with the gadgets and the numbers too along the way right?

Standard
510 Mega 2.1
510 Expert 2.8
BE112 (801) 3.8
901 3.3

Ikenvape
HR 801/901 3.5

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
The drip tip is the "T-Tip" from Super T. Prolly the best one made IMO.

Did you already get the T-tip in and try it? Just from my experience at room temperature I was only able to use my SS T-tip for 4 drags or so before I had to put it down because the t-tip itself heated up as much as the atty. It practically would singe my lips if I let it. Don't get me wrong, I love how they look but I couldn't stand that I had to stop vaping because of my drip tip so I immediately switched to delrin ones. YMMV though and maybe I just a wuss lol :p

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
@VapNfool: You're a very good salesman! No, I haven't ordered a ProVari, yet. But, until this thread I hadn't given it serious consideration ... and now I am. But I shouldn't be, LOL. I've already got a P18 and including the ProVari, I'm eyeballing three additional Mods. That's ridiculous! Must choose, must choose.
Crazed.gif

Just from my experience at room temperature I was only able to use my SS T-tip for 4 drags or so before I had to put it down because the t-tip itself heated up as much as the atty. It practically would singe my lips if I let it.
For what it's worth, I've had no such issues with mine. But I am not HV, only LR at this point.
The Stainless Steel T-Tip is always cool for me.
CoolDudeSilver.gif
As you say, YMMV.

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
@VapNfool: You're a very good salesman! No, I haven't ordered a ProVari, yet. But, until this thread I hadn't given it serious consideration ... and now I am. But I shouldn't be, LOL. I've already got a P18 and including the ProVari, I'm eyeballing three additional Mods. That's ridiculous! Must choose, must choose.
Crazed.gif

For what it's worth, I've had no such issues with mine. But I am not HV, only LR at this point.
The Stainless Steel T-Tip is always cool for me.
CoolDudeSilver.gif
As you say, YMMV.

Yah I think it may be because I'm using it on 801s that are not full sized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread