Pulled the trigger...on a Apollo Vtube Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
SF Bay Area, Sacramento CA
I have been enjoying my EGO Twist for a few months after starting with an overpriced 510 kit then of to EGO and KGO batteries. It has been a great journey and have learned a lot since I started vaping last August. As I was saying, excuse the rant... I have been enjoying my Twist, opened up a new world of vaping for me...Then the it happened. As I walked out the door of my office building to take a vape break, I dropped my Twist right on the concrete floor of my office loft. It landed flat at the bottom, where the actual dial is. Believe it or not, this was not damaged at all, BUT the fire button shifted and requires like a ton of pressure to fire. :mad:

Anywayz, I rigged it up to get me through this weekend. I immediately did some quick research and ordered an Apollo Vtube Mini in Black. I am having a bit of buyer's remorse even before i receive the damn thing. Yeah, I am sure that it is decent, and hell... it will probably way out perform my beloved Twist but i hate the design. Apollo was out of the SS version and now I realizer that they DO have the SS version in Mini. The Black end caps are a real tun off. This is further complicated by the tons of research I did today in anticipation about being able to vape smotthly again and seeing that other manufacturers offer a Lava Tube in black that has the desired top cap, Ver 2 I think...

Anywayz, I guess I will see if I like it on Monday when I get to my office. Oh yeah, I am in the San Francisco area and it turns out the Apollo is very, very local. If I had shipped it to my home, I would be vaping with it now!!! Arghh.

Anyone know of a cost effective mod for the Vtube end caps? Especially the top piece that apparently does not accommodate EGO cartos like the SS version does. I really thought I was just chosing my color, did not know that I was sacraficing function.... ARGH!!!

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Cool beans. Tear it up. Apollos are cool. Better and cheaper than lavatubes that's for sure.

Are you talking about your battery connection? You can get a 510 "cone adapter" or sometimes also called a "510 to 510 adapter" that will extend it by basically adding a second battery connection on top of the first. This are nice for Vivi Novas on a regular EGO style (because they can help streamline the look of your PV, they are nice for Stardusts which are notoriously low on airflow with the KGO, and they can help you put tanks and things on APVs like the Provari. I know empiremods and madvapes both sell them. They are pretty cheap at less than 5 bucks and usually closer to 2 or 3. Choose wisely or get a couple. Read the reviews too.

Bolt Fan John

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
San Diego, CA
hi Infinite, contact Apollo in the morning, they have a 30 day money back and I am sure they will help you change your order to the ss one.

Hi Infinite and welcome to ECF!!!

NancyR is write... contact Apollo and they will make things right for you. I can vouch for Apollo's excellent customer service. If you really want the SS mini Vtube (which I have and love BTW) Apollo will have you return your black mini vtube, and you will have to pay for the difference for the upgrade ($30 i believe). Once they have your tracking number, that you have returned the black mini vtube, they will ship the SS mini vtube to you. My buddy has done this and has told me of the process.

No matter what you choose... either to keep the black mini vtube or upgrade to the SS mini Vtube... you won't be dissappointed!

Good luck and Happy Vaping!!

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Thanks for all the responses. I love this community!

So... I unpackaged my MINI and my first impressions are a bit difficult to baseline.

1) I am am testing it with the atty that came with it... nothing to be Wowed by thus far.
2) I am trying a new DIY juice that is delivering throat hit even with a ATTY of my own (this one needs to be replaced or cleaned though) and I can't try with my preferred Tank bc I don't have a adapter.

With those (2) considerations, i may have a larger issue. I want a Full size Mod now. The mini is too small and the full size would better suit me I am sure, yet Apollo has no stock on the full size SS or Chrome.

This definitely warrants a call, because I definitely am not happy with the Mini, unfortunately. Really missing my Twist with classy silver end caps and solid feel. No disrespect to those who love the Vtube.

Unless Apollo has a reasonable date for a full size Vtube, I am afraid that I may be looking at a another mod altogether. Geez, crazy how picky I have become now that I am in the Mod territory. I mean with the EGO, i guess my expectations just are not as high as I see them as a disposable.

Vmax? Too bad I am in no position to justfy a ProVari. But Style, weight and power are factors it seems.

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
you definitively want to vape on a mod you like. i like this little mini lava i have quite alot. its not the ss one either. i use a phiniac tank on it and it rocks great. for ss i have a chrome provari i like quite well but it stays home. i findi really like the easy of a bottom feeder. i fell in love with reo woodvils and i really like the 18490 model alot.

KForrester86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Columbia, PA
I'm the same way.. wanna buy a VV with a display, but that cost a good bit. the Twist has been working for me.

I could pick up another three or four 1000mah Twists for the price of a bottom level APV. I been using 2ohm stuff and It doesn't go above 4.2v, I haven't tried my 3ohm cartos but I think they are better for 5v+ settings. not enough watts to satisfy me at 3ohms with the range that the twist puts out.

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
OK,

So, I received a recommendation on the VTX on another thread. I just placed my order!!!! I was absolutely disgusted withThe VTube MINI that I received yesterday. It is promptly being returned to Apollo as soon as I get a RMA. Seems like the new version is exactly what I was looking for. It was a very hard choice between the VariTube X and the VMax, but after checking out PBursado's review and the the common consensus, I reserved the VMax for my last ditch effort for obtaining power and style (Apparently the Vmaxx is super powerful). The VariTube seems to fit both of my top requirements and cheeper, not to mention will save on my attys... Thanks again for the tip! Where the heck were you last Thursday...

Well, better late than never. Glad this convo has been started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread