Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
if you like a very airy rda that is a bit too power hungry for a mech you should like the pulse 22.... I ts not difficult to build but irt is difficult to build right....lots of better stuff out there for similar price point.....just my opinion though
What do you like? I've also never had RDA or tank I couldn't work. I have too much free time and I enjoy a challenge. Vaping has turned into a hobby for me.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
  • Easy build
  • Looks great
  • Hard to over squonk on a BF mod
Dislikes:
  • O-ring tolerance stinks and airflow quantity is just set and forget
  • Difficult to disassemble
  • Coil outside diameter limited by the airflow tubes
I have two--both on single 18650 devices. They're both built with 2mm ID compact claptons at about 0.35 Ohm.

I keep adding then deleting Entheon clones in my FT basket. I always seem to be adding just after I manage to get the top off and back on just right. Always seem to be deleting after I get a hit from it.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
  • Easy build
  • Looks great
  • Hard to over squonk on a BF mod
Dislikes:
  • O-ring tolerance stinks and airflow quantity is just set and forget
  • Difficult to disassemble
  • Coil outside diameter limited by the airflow tubes
I have two--both on single 18650 devices. They're both built with 2mm ID compact claptons at about 0.35 Ohm.

I keep adding then deleting Entheon clones in my FT basket. I always seem to be adding just after I manage to get the top off and back on just right. Always seem to be deleting after I get a hit from it.
That Entheon clone looks good.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I like the Pulse 22 mostly because of the air tubes and the deep juice wells. I had to try it since I'm trying to get into squonking. Not having good luck tho. My first squonk mod was a POS that leaked and was very under powered. I'm hoping that the Hcigar Aurora works well.

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
i always found the air flow way tooo open to get good flavor always seemed washed out to me....also not a fan of having super long wicking that postless decks require just seems inefficient, crappy orings that keep cap from sitting flush,and it also seems unnecessarily bulky...a squonk atty that has a short (flush with deck) pin shouldn't need a super deep well because it should drain an there shouldn't be left over liquid in the wells or on the deck. I don't know just generally a disappointing atty for ME. As far as likes ....on the lower $$ side i much prefer the nudge 22, mid range B2k and Type R and $100+ Haku cruiser. If your digging your Pulse by all means keep on digging it....I also feel I'd probably like the pulse better on a regulated mod that I could throw 100 watts at it but kinda a mech only guy

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Keep at it @ricks squonkers are inherently leaky. You gotta control the leak tho. Its kind of like airplanes are really good at falling. I like and still use my pulse22. Its been planted on the Pulse mod since I got both. For a cheap setup that I have some gripes with, its my go to grabber for out n about. Like mentioned already, the o rings suck so adjusting air or even getting to the deck can be quite the chore. Once its dialed in tho, watch out! I like mine with single 24awg ss spaced wire 6 wraps around 3mm. Quick ramp up and cool down times and my battery likes it more than the claptons, which are murder on single battery setups.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Keep at it @ricks squonkers are inherently leaky. You gotta control the leak tho. Its kind of like airplanes are really good at falling. I like and still use my pulse22. Its been planted on the Pulse mod since I got both. For a cheap setup that I have some gripes with, its my go to grabber for out n about. Like mentioned already, the o rings suck so adjusting air or even getting to the deck can be quite the chore. Once its dialed in tho, watch out! I like mine with single 24awg ss spaced wire 6 wraps around 3mm. Quick ramp up and cool down times and my battery likes it more than the claptons, which are murder on single battery setups.
The leak was in the 510 connection. No way to fix on that mod. If I have any problems with the orings, I can replace them with different size ones.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I like the Vandy Vape Pulse 80W. I've had mine for a week and it's doing everything I could ask from a single cell VW/VV/TC squonker. Easily the best $50-ish I've spent this year on a mod.

Br0k3nW1ngz

Apr 8, 2018
Canada
heres a pic of my build in a pulse 24 yes ik its not the 22mm but i really enjoy this rda as well as my dead rabbit
20180522_211410.jpg

Attachments

• 20180522_211403.jpg
    20180522_211403.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Hiya Ricks! Given your style in the past, I think you're going waaaaay far off the reservation with the pulse.

For a nice, slightly restricted dl atty, I think you'd like the Narda or the NarCA. The yftk or sxk clones are as good or better than the authentics and the flavor is great. Or the recurve for something airier and cloudier. Both are over-squonk resistant .

As for mods, I like mechanical squonkers. I've never been a fan of a juice bottle and a chip living together....plus, I like to be able to fix what breaks. These 3d prints or milled delrin boxes with simple contacts and accessable components are pretty fool proof and superior performers .
rps20180523_071320.jpg

Just an opinion, but it might make squonkers more enjoyable for you .

• Informative
Reactions: ricks

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Hiya Ricks! Given your style in the past, I think you're going waaaaay far off the reservation with the pulse.

For a nice, slightly restricted dl atty, I think you'd like the Narda or the NarCA. The yftk or sxk clones are as good or better than the authentics and the flavor is great. Or the recurve for something airier and cloudier. Both are over-squonk resistant .

As for mods, I like mechanical squonkers. I've never been a fan of a juice bottle and a chip living together....plus, I like to be able to fix what breaks. These 3d prints or milled delrin boxes with simple contacts and accessable components are pretty fool proof and superior performers .
View attachment 743977
Just an opinion, but it might make squonkers more enjoyable for you .
I bought the Pulse mostly for the angle of the tubes to prevent the over-squonk issue. I didn't see anything about those RDA"s that prevented over-squonking. Are they angled? Maybe I missed it??? I'll look at some videos of them.

As for mods, I tried the mech vaping and I didn't care for it. I love the size and all but I need to be able to dial in my vape for max flavor.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I bought the Pulse mostly for the angle of the tubes to prevent the over-squonk issue. I didn't see anything about those RDA"s that prevented over-squonking. Are they angled? Maybe I missed it??? I'll look at some videos of them.

As for mods, I tried the mech vaping and I didn't care for it. I love the size and all but I need to be able to dial in my vape for max flavor.
the basic design of those rdas is what helps avoid over squonking. They're not leak proof....just designed with bottom feeding in mind. With any device, there's a learning curve. The Pulse is almost leak proof...I'll give it that. I bought it for the same reasons...those tubes seemed genius. However, I'm more interested in a good vape. I found the Pulse terrible unless you raise the coil very high. At that point, really long wicks is just a pain with squonkers and the performance went from terrible to not as terrible. I'm sure it would've been better if I threw 100 watts at it, but I don't want anything that needs that kind of power in order to perform.

• Useful
Reactions: ricks

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
The leaking around the 510 you are not make a good seal with the atty and the 510 add another rubber washer. My take on the Pulse 22 it's stuck in between, too airy for a top shelf flavor chaser, but not designed properly for a fog machine. Its a $28 atty what more is there to say.

Reactions: Asbestos4004

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
The Capo 80w leaks inside the mod, not the top, around the atty. Somethings not right with their 510 assembly.
My crapo leaked at the 510 assembly when I squeezed the bottle. I had to video it happening to prove that it was one of the defects on it to get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread