Recommendations for single coil squonk RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
Vape mail arrived today. I received the new SXK Krma rda so I can officially recommend it as a top rda of 2018. I couldn't get an original Mission XV Krma, so I settled for a well built clone for now. I'm running it with a 22ga. Ti coil in temp control. The ohms are very stable and it is performing excellently. I enjoy a restricted lung hit, but not too tight. I can get my favorite vape style, no problem, with this rda and for around $15.00 the price is hard to beat.
My top RDA list:
1) Entheon
2) Krma
3) Haku Phenom

SXK Krma Style BF RDA Silver 316SS 22mm Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

Last edited:
Reactions: madstabber

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I just got my nudge 22 today and so far I’m loving it. I’m running it with one of the supplies coils, don’t know what it is, and it ohms out at .31. I’m using the smaller hole cap and a 510 driptip so I have a little restriction on the pull. Flavor and cloud density are superb, really happy so far. Little shout out to eightvape, ordered it on July 3rd in the afternoon, received it today. 3 days Las Vegas to Chicago with a holiday in the middle. Hard to beat that shipping time.
The more I use the nudge 22, the more I like it. I am also using the top cap with the small holes, and I installed my entheon 510 drip tip on it. I run it on my MCM underground squonker, and it is my second favorite set up (I still like my gr1 just a bit more).

I would have to double check, but I think those coils are NI80, 26x2/36. I have not used them yet, I run my own coils in it (NI80, 28x3/40, 4 wrap, 3.5 id, .30 ohm)

• Useful

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Vape mail arrived today. I received the new SXK Krma RDA so I can officially recommend it as a top RDA of 2018. I couldn't get an original Mission XV Krma, so I settled for a well built clone for now. I'm running it with a 22ga. Ti coil in temp control. The ohms are very stable and it is performing excellently. I enjoy a restricted lung hit, but not too tight. I can get my favorite vape style, no problem, with this RDA and for around $15.00 the price is hard to beat.
My top RDA list:
1) Entheon
2) Krma
3) Haku Phenom

SXK Krma Style BF RDA Silver 316SS 22mm Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
I think I’m going to try the KRMA clone. I was considering the authentic but the clone looks well built. Makes it hard to justify the original when it costs 8 times the clone. Does all the threading feel good and are the tolerances for the oring sealed parts on point?

Reactions: ricks

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
The threading and finish are great on the (2) I received. I bought one in Black (which has a plastic cap) and one with a bright SS cap. I agree with you in that, now that I have these RDAs, it makes it difficult to shell out $100.00 for the original. I really love this atty it's on par with the Entheon RDA which is my other favorite. The O-rings fit well, they grip better with the SS cap, the plastic cap allows the cap to slide easier, but fit well.

Last edited:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I just got my nudge 22 today and so far I’m loving it. I’m running it with one of the supplies coils, don’t know what it is, and it ohms out at .31. I’m using the smaller hole cap and a 510 driptip so I have a little restriction on the pull. Flavor and cloud density are superb, really happy so far. Little shout out to eightvape, ordered it on July 3rd in the afternoon, received it today. 3 days Las Vegas to Chicago with a holiday in the middle. Hard to beat that shipping time.
Glad you're liking the Nudge 22 so far. Great little squonk topper for sure.

Like you, I started out with the cap having the smaller slots for about a week. I liked it, but had never even tried the larger slotted cap. It was in the box with the rest of the parts.

After rewicking it, I thought WTH, threw the other cap on it and BAM! Perfect amount of restriction for me. I didn't change the wattage I was running at the time, but it gave me a cooler vape and a good deal more vapor. This was when I really fell in love with the Nudge.

OTOH, I now also like the Recurve and the C4. Both of those are slightly more restrictive (running them wide open) than the Nudge 22 with the larger cap, but the airflow on those two is just so smooth.

In order of less to more restrictive, I would say Nudge 22 (with largest cap), Recurve, and then C4.

I haven't tried the Nudge with the smaller cap since switching it out after my first week. I'll have to try it again since I've grown accustomed to the slightly more restrictive Recurve and C4 since then.

Another one to consider is the Hotcig Castle. I know some folks make fun of the way it looks, but it's a great vape. 510 drip tip if you like this, SS and clear top caps, very smooth airflow. Perfect amount of restrictiveness for me as well. I've been running this more and more lately. May have to wick it up today and throw it on the Pulse 80.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
That’s interesting because I was considering the C4 and if it’s more restricted I think I’d like that. Smooth airflow doesn’t hurt either. I won my first rda in a giveaway so I bought a squonker to go with it. I figured I’d have a squonker setup and that would be the end of it. Unfortunately I just keep buying more and more rda’s which wasn’t the plan. They just provide such great flavor and are so much simpler to build than my rta’s. It’s nice to throw a build in and not have to open it back up to fiddle with because of a dry hit or a leak like with an RTA. I wish I would’ve tried an rda sooner. Everything is better vaping this way except one thing. I can’t curtail my spending because every two seconds I find another rda I just must have. I am an addict and the first step is admitting I have a problem. Phew that felt good being able to admit that. Now I gotta go place some more orders, I saw some rda’s with my name on them, lol.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Use the nudge 22(s) daily.
Recurve is good.
C4 is good but the drip tip drives me crazy. No oring in the barrel so regular 810 won't work, has to have orings on the tip.
Waiting on the drop solo to release.....
These are my current three daily drivers for a while now. There's several I need to spend more time with, but I keep picking up these three instead, lol.

Overall, I agree with you, probably like the Nudge with the larger airflow slot cap the best (overall). They get used daily. I have every color of the Nudge 22. They seem to be going out of stock at some sites and not being restocked. I bought backups now to avoid having to try to find replacements later.

Recurve is probably my second favorite. No real complaints with mine, except the stock drip tip fits a little loose. I usually just run the tips that come with them. Don't need another addiction of starting to buy drip tips, lol. Very solid RDA, but it's also a bit heavy if using it on a light mod like the Pulse 80.

I think I like the vape on the C4 better than the Recurve. The drip tip doesn't really bother me with the o-rings on the tip. I like the stab wood tip, and mine fits very well. The main thing about the C4 that 'bothers' me, is that it doesn't seem to seal the 510 as well as my other RDAs. After a few days to a week, I've got a mess under the RDA with the C4. No big deal really, but I'm a clean freak, lol. The 510 threading/squonk pin on the C4 doesn't seem to seal as well as other RDAs. I prefer the vape of the C4 over the Recurve though. Slightly more restrictive, and possibly even smoother than the Recurve.

I've been trying to put some more time in with the Castle, and the GR1. I've had both for quite a while, haven't even built the GR1 yet. Going to have to give it a try. The Castle is a great vape and I think it will be up there for me as well, I just need to give it a chance.

The Pulse 22, Wasp Nano, DR SQ and others have been shelved since getting the Nudge, Recurve and C4.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
That’s interesting because I was considering the C4 and if it’s more restricted I think I’d like that. Smooth airflow doesn’t hurt either. I won my first rda in a giveaway so I bought a squonker to go with it. I figured I’d have a squonker setup and that would be the end of it. Unfortunately I just keep buying more and more rda’s which wasn’t the plan. They just provide such great flavor and are so much simpler to build than my rta’s. It’s nice to throw a build in and not have to open it back up to fiddle with because of a dry hit or a leak like with an RTA. I wish I would’ve tried an rda sooner. Everything is better vaping this way except one thing. I can’t curtail my spending because every two seconds I find another rda I just must have. I am an addict and the first step is admitting I have a problem. Phew that felt good being able to admit that. Now I gotta go place some more orders, I saw some rda’s with my name on them, lol.
Yeah, the C4 is a GREAT vape, no doubt about it. Slightly more restrictive than than the other two and SO smooth.

Good luck with the squonk addiction my friend. I admitted I had a problem before even getting into squonking. However, I see little hope for me, LOL. Like you, I keep chasing RDAs at this point, and have to get a new squonk mod when I see something that looks tantalizing. :D

I'm EXTREMELY happy with my Pulse 80's and the Nudge, Recurve and C4. Some of the best vaping (to me) that I've ever had. However, that's done little to curb the addiction of trying new RDAs, haha. Not even sure what I'm chasing at this point. I have no complaints with my current setups.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I got the SXK Haku Phenom coming, I’m not sure how I ended up picking it. I’ve been looking at clones for a few days and my head was spinning trying to decide but I did. I’m still liking my nudge but the cap is sorta loose fitting which bothers me. I like a nice tight cap that doesn’t spin to easily. My new problem is I don’t have enough squonking mods. I’m gonna have to search them for a few days until I order one in a haze like I did with the clone. I like the Hcigar Aurora which is in first place right now but who knows. I may pick something else depending on where the wind blows me. So currently taking opinions on squonk mods if anyone has any to offer. Thanks

Reactions: ricks

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I got the SXK Haku Phenom coming, I’m not sure how I ended up picking it. I’ve been looking at clones for a few days and my head was spinning trying to decide but I did. I’m still liking my nudge but the cap is sorta loose fitting which bothers me. I like a nice tight cap that doesn’t spin to easily. My new problem is I don’t have enough squonking mods. I’m gonna have to search them for a few days until I order one in a haze like I did with the clone. I like the Hcigar Aurora which is in first place right now but who knows. I may pick something else depending on where the wind blows me. So currently taking opinions on squonk mods if anyone has any to offer. Thanks
Did you try your replacement o-rings on your nudge? Mine is a bit tight, I have to put it on my atty stand or a mod to pull the cap.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Looks interesting. Should work great with lots of space for wick ends.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Did you try your replacement o-rings on your nudge? Mine is a bit tight, I have to put it on my atty stand or a mod to pull the cap.
No I haven’t but thanks, I probably should have thought of that but I’ve been preoccupied nurturing my new squonk addiction. Researching rda’s and squonk mods takes up a fair amount of my brain’s capacity so practical easy fixes reside just beyond my grasp. I’ll give it a try and hopefully it’ll solve the issue.

Reactions: BrotherBob

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Def look at the Pulse 80. I looked at loads. Most of the others I looked at had niggling issues that the Pulse 80 doesn't have. Good quality, light, easy to fill either with the supplied bottle (if you order what they call the High End version - just means it comes with the bottle) or by screwing the (IMO excellent) Wotofo drip filler caps that fit direct on your juice bottle. Even if you fill the bottle by taking it out it's very well designed and doesn't have those metal tubes that I don't get on with.

• Agree
Reactions: score69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread