Pulse Genisis Rba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Hi Folks,

Anyone here running the Pulse G Genisis rba? It looks great, nicely old fashioned and nothing on it not needed.. i.e. no glitter or fairy dust!

Is it any good. I have a chance to get a used one for a great price, but am concerned about spares etc. as well as how it builds and works.

Any info. would be appreciated.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Hey Taff, I have heard of it, and by all accounts it would seem to be a very good genny, IF you can get it. I looked around for it and found it out of stock everywhere that carries it, at least the authentic is out of stock. The clone is easily found, but I don't do clones anymore. The last time I bought a clone genny it proved to be a bad leaker and I had to give up on it.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Hi Vaslovik,
Thanks for the reply.
I have been back to the seller, and it is a clone. He has no spares either, so its not for me. Mind you he did say that he might have a small screwdriver that he might put in the deal! So I am tempted!:rolleyes:

I did find a place that has it new and authentic, but to be honest at the price of a new one of these, i can buy another DID!

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Hi Vaslovik,
Thanks for the reply.
I have been back to the seller, and it is a clone. He has no spares either, so its not for me. Mind you he did say that he might have a small screwdriver that he might put in the deal! So I am tempted!:rolleyes:

I did find a place that has it new and authentic, but to be honest at the price of a new one of these, i can buy another DID!

Well Taff it would seem that the venerable DID might not be your best option, for the reason that parts are running out and they have only a few DID's left. Up until this morning I had thought I could get spare parts for my DID's, but as I learned just this morning such is not the case, and the top insulators I ordered from MMV turned out to be defective, rather badly defective too.

I wrote Miriam at MMV asking if they could replace them, but no, they have no more, and there will be no more. I'm seriously bummed out by this. Now I have to either find top insulators for another atty that will fit, or engineer them myself. This sad state of affairs came about because of the Greek financial crisis which forced MMV into a smaller building where they can no longer make the DID or the Poldiac.

Recent problems I've seen with one of my DID's are directly attributable to those defective top insulators.

These are the top insulators I last got from MMV, and they are pretty bad. Previous insulators were not as bad, but the tolerances have proven to be loose and have caused problems.

Last edited:

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
That's bad news Vaslovik! Those are terrible... how can they send them out to a person that has supported them for a long time, and uses several of their products?

Hate having attys that need spares and the manufacturers no longer support them! Firms seem to change models every few months now, to catch the folk who simply must have the latest and greatest!

Will have to start searching round for alternatives that may fit. I think most manufacturers don't make every bit of the atomizers they produce but buy standard available parts, and hopefully some parts like the top and bottom insulators can maybe be bought from elsewhere, as they look like they could be a standard part that is fitted to several other attys. Do you have the measurements for those?

I did buy a fair few spares for my DID, but as you know they didn't have top seals, but did get spare bottom insulators for it....and got lots of other parts as you did say they were not going to make any more DID's..So thanks for that anyway.

Will start searching and let you know if i come up with anything.. In fact if i do, I will get what i can and can always share them with you if you need them.

Teflon tape could end up being a good friend to DID owners!

Edit!
A quick look on Kidneypuncher in the USA, shows these that look kinda similar..
DjYWXl7.jpg

also these from the Aga attys:-
znruzYf.jpg

So i think we should be able to source something that will work. Fasttech lists several similar also.

Last edited:

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Hey Taff,

Yeah, this is a huge downer for me! I'm pretty heavily invested in the DID, having 4 of them and a large collection of spare parts, and for this most critical part to become first defective, then unavailable is a real blow to me. Since I got my first DID I've been in love with that genny, and now it's looking pretty bad for the continued use of them.

I wrote Miriam at MMV asking:

> Did MMV make those top insulators, or were they subcontracted out to another maker?
> If another maker, might I be able to get those from that company?
> If MMV made them, might I be able to get precise dimensions of them so that I might attempt to engineer my own?
> What material are they made of?
>Are you aware of any other source of top insulator that would fit?

I've not as yet heard back from them. I too wonder how they could have sent them out like that! Did they even look at them before they packed and shipped them? Was there any quality control going on at all? You are right, I've spent a LOT of money at MMV, on Poldiacs, DID's and a raft of spare parts. This is a sore disappointment. No, I don't have the measurements for them, that would require a digital caliper which I don't have, but plan to get. I've asked MMV for those measurements, and hopefully they will provide them.

As for teflon tape I don't hold out much hope for that, but I'll try it. Two of my DID's are down now because of those insulators, with ohms jumping all over the place between 3 and 5 ohms with a .7 ohm build I've done thousands of times, and they just will not fire, even shortly after reading a solid .7 ohm at first when the new build was put on them. I'm really seriously bummed out here.

I've been scouring the web looking for another source for that part, but as yet nothing. Kidney Puncher used to have them, but not anymore. One likes to think that another atomizer uses a top insulator of the same dimensions and of suitable material, but finding it is quite a challenge. Perhaps the top insulators for DID clones would work, IF you can get them and anyone is bothering to clone the DID anymore.

Last edited:

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
A quick look on Kidneypuncher in the USA, shows these that look kinda similar..
DjYWXl7.jpg

also these from the Aga attys:-
znruzYf.jpg

So i think we should be able to source something that will work. Fasttech lists several similar also.

Hey Taff, I have an AGA-T2 and several replacement top insulators for it. They won't fit the DID. I tried. They are soft material and too big. I hope we can find something that works. Top insulators that "look" similar have to be subjected to the fit test. They all "look" similar, but if they won't fit they won't work.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
It certainly is a bummer Vaslovik, bad for me, so i can imagine how fed up you are...

Good idea emailing Miriam, and hopefully she will be able to get the details we need to find replacements. I will keep looking anyway...you never know when you mught just come across something that will do the job.

I have had to resort to teflon tape a couple of times, and used it to "Pad out" o ring slots to make o'rings feel bigger, if i cant get the right ones.

I will look for DID clones and i think fasttech still does a few, at least they were doing the did mini which will probably use the same parts...cant see them using all new parts for that one.

Not a surprise that the aga ones wont fit...but a lot of folks reckon that the softer insulators work better, so if it comes down to it, and can find one, even a softer one that will do the job, that would be a start eh?

Hope you hear back from Miriam, and will let you know if i have any luck.

Cheers.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Just a fast post...

Are these the same insulators that is in the DID...These are DID clone insulators, which they say fits top and bottom...is that right, as i have not had mine apart yet and have no spares of the top one.

DID Atomizer- Replacement Insulators (2-Pack) : L Js E-Smokes, Premium E-Liquids and Vaping Supplies, Electronic Cigarettes and Vape Accessories

Think they only have one pack left... and they are in the States..

Yes, they have only one pack of 2 left, so it's hardly a long term solution. I can't tell from the photo whether they will fit the authentic DID, they were made for the clone, so maybe not.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
yes not a long term solution by any means. but it might enable you to get two of your attys working again?

I would get them for me, but for two of them at 0.99 cents it would cost me another $16.99 just for postage!

According to the fastech reviews on the clones they have on there, they are a 1.1 copy so everything should!! fit ok..

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
According to the fastech reviews on the clones they have on there, they are a 1.1 copy so everything should!! fit ok..

I've learned, over time, to take the claim of 1:1 copy with a grain of salt. Then too, the last time I ordered something from FT (3 years ago) it took 7 weeks to arrive and was of quite poor quality, so that was the last time I ordered from them.

As for the insulators in that link they appear to be of a soft translucent silicone and with a larger center hole than the originals that came with my DID's. The original top insulators for the DID are a hard opaque plastic, and when they were being made right the center post had to be threaded through them fitting quite tightly.

I'm continuing to scour the web for parts that will fit and work right.

Reactions: Taff Evans
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread