Pump Cart Solution: A great cart gets even better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hengry

Oct 8, 2011
NC
Hi forum,
I recently started using the Gotvapes pump cart solution and have to say, in my evolution in vaping, having tried a lot of other carts, this one is by far the best.

Here's an easy upgrade that makes them even better.

I was excited by the fact that this tank style cart has the push button to allow juice to flow down into the atomizer giving me the ability to basically drip at will while carrying a good supply of juice on board. Well, I soon found out that the juice is too viscous to properly drop into the attie without either taking out the puffball at the bottom (this led to some severe flooding due to the air inlet seal not being airtight enough) or putting the puffball back in doing the cold draw technique (easy enough, but it looks kinda weird and I thought it could be even easier and make the cart exactly what was intended).

So, here's my upgrade which makes the pump cart solution what I suspect the manufacturer intended.

Leaving it just as it comes with the puff ball in the bottom, cut a condom cap from a regular poly fill cart about a quarter of an inch long (the oblong cap off a cartridge should work the same and probably doesn't even need to be cut). Cut it just long enough to sit over the button and reach the body of the cart while keeping it off the button. It can be touching the button, you just don't want it stretched tight over the button which might cause it to pull free of it's glue. This does not have to be very exact. But, what it will do is make this cart act something similar to a pump spray bottle. A way to raise internal pressure to "spray" juice out through the puffball into the attie. This should work even if the original air valve is removed from the cart.

Next, run a small bead of gel super glue (three tubes for a buck at my local dollar store) around the edge of the silicone cap you've just cut and hold it over the button, gluing it to the body of the cart. Hold it until the glue sets, maybe a minute. Once the superglue dries, run a small bead of epoxy around the base of the silicone cap where it meets the body of the cart forming an airtight seal. And...you're done.

Once the epoxy sets (I use 5 minute epoxy purchased at WalMart) the new and improved super cart is ready to vape. You can hold it up to the light and see how this cart shines. A gentle, slow push on the newly installed cap and button forces the e-juice down in the cart about 2 to 3 millimeters. Releasing the button makes the juice surge up momentarily as air is now drawn back up through the puffball into the cart leaving the level of juice visibly lower than before. I find that two pushes gives the same result as the cold draw technique, but is much more consistent and easier. I effected this mod about two weeks ago on the first pump cart I opened and it is still working like a champ. Total time for this project is about 20 minutes.

This simple mod makes this the best cart I've tried so far (haven't tried them all). Hopefully, some forum members will give it a shot and report back their experiences. I think this would be a great revision 2 for the manufacturer at a minimal cost to produce. A larger tank would be great too. I would gladly accept some free merchandise for the suggestion.:laugh:

So there you have it fellow vapers. Tell me what you think. First post, by the way, I read ecf but only signed up so I could share this cool mod with everyone. I emailed Daniel and he suggested posting it here.

Hengry.:vapor:

Hengry

Oct 8, 2011
NC
Hey capnbang, I'm not into making videos but I will add a couple of pics so you can see what it looks like. It's a simple glue job that makes these tank/attie combos rock. Hope this helps. If you own some of these, try it. You won't regret it. If anyone tries it and wants to make a how to video, be my guest.

hengry-albums-pump-cart-mod-picture57314-pumpcartimage1.html

hengry-albums-pump-cart-mod-picture57313-pumpcartimage2.html

If these images don't show up, I created an album here so you can see them.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/hengry-albums-pump-cart-mod.html

Hengry:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread