Pure or Blu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsey2toes

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Racine, WI
I just ordered a sidesho and the thing I love most is the better flavor and the consisent flavor. No burnt taste which seems to happen with the 510. My juice tastes alot better in the smaller e cig. I have a 510, ego and a 901. They all have their good and bad. With the smaller e cig it seems to hit more like an analog. I actually get a nic buzz.

Enigma32

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Melbourne, FL
www.eliquiddepot.com
I just ordered a sidesho and the thing I love most is the better flavor and the consisent flavor. No burnt taste which seems to happen with the 510. My juice tastes alot better in the smaller e cig. I have a 510, ego and a 901. They all have their good and bad. With the smaller e cig it seems to hit more like an analog. I actually get a nic buzz.

The 510 was my first ecig so I know what you mean about the taste

Sideshow is the same manufacturer just a lower model

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
It is not a 103, so that information would be inaccurate
What is it then, a 306? There aren't many exposed-bridge attys out there, and the thread gender is wrong for a 401. Please don't pretend that this isn't a rebrand/clone of something that already exists. At the very least, the atty/battery must be thread-compatible with either the 306 or 103. If it is a 306, then you should be advertising that fact. That would make it compatible with 510 parts as well, which is a selling point.

Last edited:

sangdraax

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2010
NY
if you want that kind of ecig get an M401 with pcc
:

I agree with this as well. Get a 401 if you don't mind it being a little longer than a 100 cigarette, or a 402 or 403 if that bothers you. Decent 3 or 4 hour battery life on the 401 for me. Exposed high bridge atty that allows you to dip, and I've got an atty that I've been using almost constantly for two months that still works like it just came out of the package.

It's not as good as one of the big mods, I'm sure, but it feels pretty close to a regular cigarette in the hand, just a little heavier, and puts out pretty good vapor and throat hit.

Fenix-T

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2010
NC
To the OP:

I noticed a lot here, that people really don't read what you type. There is also a lot of biased people.

Everyone told you what they would get, ignoring the fact that you narrowed it down to two choices, which is your choice, and totally sidestepping your question. That said, if you go with the Blu, you can get very nice performance out of it by using Joye 306 atomizers and 306 cartridges on it. I was never a fan of the L88B(Blu) atomizers, they seem real weak (high ohms?). But the 306 atomizer really turn it into a nice vape, if you like the package of the Blu.

Enigma32

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Melbourne, FL
www.eliquiddepot.com
To the OP:

I noticed a lot here, that people really don't read what you type. There is also a lot of biased people.

Everyone told you what they would get, ignoring the fact that you narrowed it down to two choices, which is your choice, and totally sidestepping your question. That said, if you go with the Blu, you can get very nice performance out of it by using Joye 306 atomizers and 306 cartridges on it. I was never a fan of the L88B(Blu) atomizers, they seem real weak (high ohms?). But the 306 atomizer really turn it into a nice vape, if you like the package of the Blu.

100% Agreed. I didn't mean to hijack this post, I came here to answer him since its a relatively new brand. It ended up turning into people voicing their preference irrelevant of the question or those who are trying to bash me instead for poking my head in. Guess it ended up being my thread now =-\

What is it then, a 306? There aren't many exposed-bridge attys out there, and the thread gender is wrong for a 401. Please don't pretend that this isn't a rebrand/clone of something that already exists. At the very least, the atty/battery must be thread-compatible with either the 306 or 103. If it is a 306, then you should be advertising that fact. That would make it compatible with 510 parts as well, which is a selling point.

No, its not a 306. It's made by the same manufacturer as blu (l88), volcano (their version of 510), modern vaper's sidesho (j108), Pure is a j109. It's got a higher capacity battery and cart than them because of its size. Re: atomizer, I've got some samples coming in to test the increased vapor production vs. the decreased battery life of a couple lower ohm atomizers which I will offer as either an upgrade option to the kit or just sold seperately as parts.

The thing many people here fail to realize is that they are e-cig ENTHUSIASTS. You can't expect everybody in the world to make the same purchasing decisions that you would. Sure, I would drive a lotus exige if i had the money, or a lamborghini gallardo in my dreams, but I can't expect that my old man will trade up his puny little s10 for one. I'm more enthusiastic and want the performance and looks of those models, he just wants something functional. Likewise, most consumers just want something that looks good and does what it should, they're not interested in dealing with syringes refilling carts, sifting through which vendors get authentic joye 510's versus those who have half d.o.a knockoffs. To each his own. This guy came here asking the difference between two brands, I'm sorry that I contributed to the mess by bringing an answer to his question.

Alii

Jun 3, 2010
USA
I was not allowed to respond officially on behalf of purecigs.com before getting my "registered supplier" status on the forum. Having received it, feel free to post or pm any questions you may have.

My knowledge of blu is limited to the product itself. My experience with them was in their early days, before I became a vendor myself, they had gotten ahold of my cellphone number and a telemarket woke me daily for 3 weeks trying to sell me a "free trial". So, yea, I have no personal experience dealing with them.

Regarding my own customer service, I have been answering customers and shipping orders within 24 hours and hope to continue meeting that goal. All orders are flat rate $5, free over $50, and ship priority mail with delivery confirmation.

Regarding the product itself, somebody in this thread had called ours a "super mini" like blu's. It is not. Blu's cigs are 88mm (~3.46") long with 90mAH battery capacity, while ours is 109mm (~4.29") long with 220mAH capacity. Some might find the smaller size convenient, but that battery capacity is far from convenient. Ours is comparable to a 100 size cigarette. Given the popularity of other ecigs of this size, most people do not mind this.

Likewise, our portable charger pack also has a larger capacity. It is also a "smart" pack with a LCD battery indicator on the front. Imagine walking around with a cellphone that you never know whether its fully charged or about to die, and you can see why this is a useful feature. It also has a built in LED flashlight. Our pack does not have the problems blu's has. (1. if you leave a battery in the blu pack after it is charged, it will then drain itself. They try to claim this is a safety feature. 2. it will often light up indicating that it is charging, and yet not even charge the battery.)

Also, blu only offers their batteries in black and white color. Ours comes in blue, red, and black. I don't even like the color red, but I personally love these red batteries the best.

At this time we carry the flavors Tobacco, Menthol, Cherry, 555, RY4(risque), Watermelon, Blueberry, Apple, and Vanilla.

I've been trying to search this forum for info on pure cigs, came upon this thread via the 'net today.

Last month about the middle of May while searching the 'net for information on e-cigs I came upon a video clip of a of a female TV reporter testing pure cigs. I was impressed and placed an order, the $59.99 kit and four packages of cartridges - Classic Tobacco (24mg). The order arrived on the 28th of May, subsequently placed another order.

I've been extremely impressed with your service. I like the taste of the Classic Tobacco and your Pack and E-cigs look very classy. In the first shipment there was a bad battery, it was immediately replaced at no cost to me. This was after chatting with Andrew Sobiesky at your site, we've had at least two chat sessions. Andrew is honest and to the point.

So far, starting my third week now, I have absolutely no qualms with pure-cigs and your thread answered some questions that I had. However, subsequent to this I became a member of this forum and am contemplating two other options. I am a neophyte in this area and still researching.

Areas of concern:
1. You are currently out of black and blue cartridges.
2. You do sell a pass-through, this would be convenient while working on my PC and also save on batteries.
3. You do not sell blank cartridges nor liquids.

Questions I would like answers to:
1. What type of e-cig is this and interchangeability?
2. What blank cartridges will work with this unit?
3. Can I use a used cartridge as a blank, fill with blue foam and liquid of my choice? If so, how?

Curious. Today I took the batting material out of a 'used' cartridge, and it was soaking wet. Does it get drawn away from the bridge of the atomizer by multiple puffs or... Got many more hits from that 'used' cartridge by...

Again, blue-cigs service has been great and very honest. I've been smoking for over fifty years, this was the only method I've ever found to help me break that habit and save tons of cash. Thank you!

But being a neophyte I have to explore, and find, the best e-cig system.

I turned on my email service here for answers.

Thanks again!

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Between those two.......Blu there is a 30 day money back guarantee if you dont like it.
I expect, unless your a very very light smoker neither will do.
Within two weeks you will be ready to step it up, the blu will save you money that way.
(thats how it works for 90% of the folks I'm known who tried the supermini's including myself)

Alii

Jun 3, 2010
USA
I've been trying to search this forum for info on pure cigs, came upon this thread via the 'net today.

Last month about the middle of May while searching the 'net for information on e-cigs I came upon a video clip of a of a female TV reporter testing pure cigs. I was impressed and placed an order, the $59.99 kit and four packages of cartridges - Classic Tobacco (24mg). The order arrived on the 28th of May, subsequently placed another order.

I've been extremely impressed with your service. I like the taste of the Classic Tobacco and your Pack and E-cigs look very classy. In the first shipment there was a bad battery, it was immediately replaced at no cost to me. This was after chatting with Andrew Sobiesky at your site, we've had at least two chat sessions. Andrew is honest and to the point.

So far, starting my third week now, I have absolutely no qualms with pure-cigs and your thread answered some questions that I had. However, subsequent to this I became a member of this forum and am contemplating two other options. I am a neophyte in this area and still researching.

Areas of concern:
1. You are currently out of black and blue cartridges.
2. You do sell a pass-through, this would be convenient while working on my PC and also save on batteries.
3. You do not sell blank cartridges nor liquids.

Questions I would like answers to:
1. What type of e-cig is this and interchangeability?
2. What blank cartridges will work with this unit?
3. Can I use a used cartridge as a blank, fill with blue foam and liquid of my choice? If so, how?

Curious. Today I took the batting material out of a 'used' cartridge, and it was soaking wet. Does it get drawn away from the bridge of the atomizer by multiple puffs or... Got many more hits from that 'used' cartridge by...

Again, blue-cigs service has been great and very honest. I've been smoking for over fifty years, this was the only method I've ever found to help me break that habit and save tons of cash. Thank you!

But being a neophyte I have to explore, and find, the best e-cig system.

I turned on my email service here for answers.

Thanks again!

As this thread was in re Blu vs. Pure I trust that I'm within the parameters on this post. I had researched both, been using pure-cigs for going on three weeks now. Again, I cannot reiterate enough how fantastic their service has been. Placed an order with them on the 10th of this month, from Connecticut, arrived today on the West Coast about noon. Going to try the Risque and 555 blends. The 24mg Classic Tobacco has been better than OK.

Mini? What's that? My e-cig is longer than a 100 and slightly wider.

As I'm new to this, and have nothing to compare to, eventually, probably the first of next month, I'm going to have to try the 510, eGo, low amps and all that jazz. I do have enough supplies to carry me over for over a month. Well, might experiment with the above prior to the first. Next week?

I'm very disappointed that I did not receive at least one answer to the questions that I posed in yesterday's post, quoted above. Enigma32? This is your territory. Others?

I have a spare atomizer from pure, it came with a blank cartridge attached. I was afraid if I lost or misplaced my e-cig that I'd be up the proverbial creek without a paddle, e.g., the spare. Anyway, can I stuff that blank with juice, blue foam or whatever? If so, how? If not, will another blank work with this unit?

Trying to get over being a neophyte,

Thanks!

Alii

Jun 3, 2010
USA
Re: atomizer, I've got some samples coming in to test the increased vapor production vs. the decreased battery life of a couple lower ohm atomizers which I will offer as either an upgrade option to the kit or just sold separately as parts.

When? Also pass-throughs, etc.

Again, your service has been superlative. But, is it time for a Maserati? At least a Cadillac?

Check my email, I have been customer. You could send me a sample to test.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Enigma32

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Melbourne, FL
www.eliquiddepot.com
Sorry Alii, I wasn't receiving email notifications that you posted here.

My problem with the passthroughs I've tested is the quality and defect rate have not met my standards. Replacing parts for 50 out of 100 orders is a waste of both my time and money and my customers'. Others might be ok with that rate, but I'm not. Hopefully this will be solved soon.

The low ohm/high power atomizer is listed on the site right now. I've already tested it myself as did a long time customer who has a large customer base around him in the Florida keys. Their feedback was positive, but for now only 50 more are being put out before a decision is made about it.

Thank you for answering the super mini comment. I've already answered it but people keep saying that based on the fact it is similar to blu. Blu has a 88mm ecig with 90mAH battery, we have a 109mm ecig with 220mAH battery. Larger diameter as well. That is a significant difference in power.

We do have a 98mm 150mAH ecig coming out very soon under a different name and design but still "by pure", and compatable with all our atomizers and cartridges.

Just keep in mind using liquids will void the warranty. And yes, I can tell thats not my stuff I smell on your atomizer :)

No, you would not use the "dummy" cartridge that came with the atomizer. That is, however, useful for clearing out a flooded atomizer. In a regular cartridge there is an "inner cartridge" or cup inside it. Inside that you see the filler and liquid, that is where you would put more liquid.

And finally, regarding inventory. We had unusually high sales last week that threw inventory off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread