Puresmoker Classic or 901?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trex65mil

Sep 22, 2008
Riverside, Ca
OK from what I've read all on here I'm going with puresmoker hands down (that's what great customer service does for you CaSH!). But I'm unsure of which model to get, so I thought I would ask for suggestions for a first time buyer. I've never e-smoked (yet) but am definatly going to give this a shot. I'm going to try to use it to get off of the regular smokes. I want to get the 901 for it's compactness and I think it looks better than the Classic penstyle. But I am looking to try for an easy transition to e-cigarettes and that 4 hole atomizer on the Classic caught my attention. I thought I might get the Classic for the 4 hole atomizer and if I do decide to permantly take it up, go with the 901. Any suggestions? :confused:

Tumbleweed4829

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
Being a fairly new e-cig user myself (about 3 weeks e-smoking and 2 weeks off the reg cigs), I think that getting the classic first is a great choice. The 4 hole atomizer is wonderful; the best I've used so far. The 901 one is good also but I think you'll like the classic penstyle better. I use the penstyle mostly at home and the 901 if I'll be in public where I feel I'll get weird looks from the penstlye. Both are a good choice though.

mEtoke2

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
Hi trex65mil, welcome to the forum.

I started out with the Puresmoker DSE901. It's a good device. A couple weeks later I picked up the Classic penstyle. I actually like it better than the 901. The carts and the batteries last longer. Also I get better thicker vapor with the classic. I tend to use the Classic at home and work, the 901 when I am out and about. Either one would be good to start with, but if I could do it over, I would start with the Classic. Be sure to get a few extra atomizers just in case. The CaSH ejuice is very good too. I am off analog cigs now and don't even crave one anymore. Good luck!

jpc815

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2008
Tennessee, United States
OK from what I've read all on here I'm going with puresmoker hands down (that's what great customer service does for you CaSH!). But I'm unsure of which model to get, so I thought I would ask for suggestions for a first time buyer. I've never e-smoked (yet) but am definatly going to give this a shot. I'm going to try to use it to get off of the regular smokes. I want to get the 901 for it's compactness and I think it looks better than the Classic penstyle. But I am looking to try for an easy transition to e-cigarettes and that 4 hole atomizer on the Classic caught my attention. I thought I might get the Classic for the 4 hole atomizer and if I do decide to permantly take it up, go with the 901. Any suggestions? :confused:

Hello!

I have them both and like them both equally well! The Classic does last longer battery wise and cartridge wise, doesn't have to be charged or refilled as often. But I am not sure I could decide which I actually like the best, I like using them both. I quit smoking regular cigarettes July 20th using these.

Cartoon Dude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2008
Planet of the Vapes
BTW, I picked up a PureSmoker pen-style, and it's great -- kepp in mind I'm a noob at this point though. I can say that I can already tell after a few days that I will be picking up a portable, but so far the pen style has been great for the home use -- battery life is great, and I am still on the first cartridge. I am still augumenting with the aforementioned analog cigs here and there though, but the e-cig has replaced almost 50-60% of my smoking -- a pack+ a day for years now.

I'd agree with ApO -- you'll probably end up with both soon enough ;) I know I will.

There really is no way to tell until you try. I am new and I first bought a pen style. I happen to have bought a brand that sucked (Crown7). But aside from it sucking I knew right away that I wished I had gotten the mini just for the size convenience. I bought the mini from puresmoker and I LOVE it.

For a person newly adjusting I would say these things should be considered (imo):

Pen Style
Pros:
- Easy drag because of more holes.
- Holds more juice. [Though personally, I feel most of the "more" juice is in the top of the cart away from the atomizer making it a bit useless anyway. I didn't feel like it dripped to the bottom towards the atomizer as well as I would hope. It seemed to dry at the bottom IMO. I also had a junky product though. I don't know how much that played a part. I prefer the cart to be quite wet at the bottom]
Cons:
- Awkward to hold (I couldn't hold it like a real cig comfortably).
- Not inconspicuous in public. (The first week I felt a bit awkward in public as I didn't know how I felt about esmoking personally yet, so didn't want to answer questions I didn't feel I had firm knowledgeable answers on.)

Mini
Pros:
- You can hold it like a real cig. (It turns out this was really important for me)
- You can slip it in your pocket. It isn't tiny, no, but the size difference is enough that I don't worry I will break it if its in my pocket.
- Less conspicuous. Again because of the size. I can mostly cover it with my hand if I wanted to though that is no longer an issue.
Cons:
- Smaller cartridge. This is an issue for some. I like the smaller carts for the reason I mentioned above.
- The drag isn't as easy. It only has one hole. Personally I am hoping this will change in the near future.

So anyway. Those are the things I personally have just had to experience being new myself. As far as adjusting it is a toss up on which details are most important to you. I can't comment on which makes more or less vapor because my original penstyle didn't give good vapor. It was however the same size and style of the NJoy and anything else mimicking that style so holding it was the same. However, my mini gives absolutely great vapor! Best of luck.

Kimmiegrif

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
Maryland USA
Moira,
Thanks for the review. I am a newbie too. I just bought a 901 from puresmoker and now I can't wait to get it. I have a penstyle from Janty and it smokes great, but I would like to have different style that has a reg cig feel in your hand (like a super mini/great white) but may have more vap. I think it is good to have every style within your budget for different vaping experiences...

Curtis

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Nashville, TN
I made up my mind today I was getting my girl and I a couple of E-Cigs. I've been doing my homework and went straight to Puresmoker. Of course they're out of everything. I kept digging and came across eciggarettemall.com, and after much indecision, I ordered a couple of 801 classics for my Girlfriend and I. Unfortunately, I put in the wrong zip code. I emailed David Yang a couple times about it. Hopefully everything works out. Maybe I should have waited until Saturday the 14th.

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
I wish you the best of luck with everything, Curtis.

It's always going to be trial and error finding the one that works best for your lifestyle, but you've always got an available resource for reviews and advice here!

Just make sure to come back and tell everyone how things are going!

I have smoked 1 analog since getting my 901 batteries charged up, and that's been a week. I was a pack a day smoker, and, I can honestly say that, so far, it's changed my life.

Always remember to stock up on extra parts and juice. Best advice you can get.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Thanks Lu,
I'll remember that when I order my next e-cig. We're going to start with the classics and obtain a smaller e-cig after we make sure it's something we want to put our money towards. Although, If it's half as good as you good people say, I'll be ready to put down the analogs and never look back.

Cant wait!

You're welcome! I think you'll be surprised at how easy it really is.

And there's always new models coming out....so just keep an eye on things and I'm sure you'll find something that catches your fancy on the next buy :p

Lu

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
so now that I picked up a pilot from puresmoker, im debating if i should get an "at home" e-cig? If so, do you guys prefer the penstyle or 901 for home?

I'm thinking the majority of people will probably go with the penstyle. There's not too many downsides compared to the 901.

Longer battery life, larger cartridge capacity, and several respected vendors sell them.

Penstyles aren't too popular for taking out and about due to their size, but, for home, I would think it would be a nice fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread