purge 21700 dual series side piece mech builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2011
massachusetts
I have a new purge 21700 dual series side piece mech mod that I purchased online after almost a week of searching for one. I use 2 Samsung 30t 35 amp batteries and a brass Kennedy 28mm rda with a .35ohm build. An educated friend of mine told me with a dual 21700 35 amp batteries that setup I can safely build as low as .24ohms. I have 5 series mods already with 30 amp batteries which I know can be .28ohms or higher but I never go below .35ohms. My question is can I safely build as low as .24ohms on my purge 21700 side piece series mech. I only want to know if .24ohms is safe I still won't go below .30ohms on that mod. thanks in advance for any help, Jeff

Last edited:

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    Below is from an online calculator. It doesn't look safe to me.

Capture.JPG

2naphish

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2013
    the boro, Tennessee
    2naphish, I agree with you. The key word is theoretically because I would never build that low. Ever. However, you obviously understand that. Thanks for the specific information I was looking for, Jeff

voltage divided by resistance = amp draw 8.4 ÷ .24 = 35
    you should probably use the theoretical 8.4 for a slight safety buffer even though the battery sag and voltage drop in the device prevent the full voltage from reaching the coils.

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
    Nov 19, 2011
    massachusetts
    I guess I probably sound like more of a newb than I really am. I've been building rdas on mech mods for the last 7 years. I just always built series mods with either 18650 or 26650 batteries. no batteries above 30 amps. 35 amp battery series mods are still relatively new to me. I hope this info is a bit of relief for anyone alarmed by anything I posted here. Thanks, Jeff

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
    Nov 19, 2011
    massachusetts
    But why? That's some crazy wattage.

I always vaped at .30ohms - .35ohms on a dual 30amp battery series mod. I thought I could go at or below .28ohms with a dual 35amp battery series mod. I've considered .28ohms with the extra power of 35amp 30t batteries. As of right now I have a .35ohm build with the 35amp battery setup. Jeff

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    Even all the safety issues aside that come up when you run a pair of cells near its max CDR, me personally, I think that's unnecessary and plain stupid, because you will need insanely large coils to compensate for the searing heat at those resistances/wattages.

But then again you could as well build higher resistance coils in the first place. Ramp up and most of all cool down of the coils will be better all across the board, which results in much better coil life/less rewicking efforts.
    Battery life and overall cycle life of your cells will increase significantly as well, and all that without sacrificing vapor production.

Reactions: Mooch

jmc1980

ECF Veteran
    Nov 19, 2011
    massachusetts
    Even all the safety issues aside that come up when you run a pair of cells near its max CDR, me personally, I think that's unnecessary and plain stupid, because you will need insanely large coils to compensate for the searing heat at those resistances/wattages.

But then again you could as well build higher resistance coils in the first place. Ramp up and most of all cool down of the coils will be better all across the board, which results in much better coil life/less rewicking efforts.
    Battery life and overall cycle life of your cells will increase significantly as well, and all that without sacrificing vapor production.
    I agree. I was just curious how low I could hypothetically build on a 35amp dual series mod. Of course I won't actually build that low, that would be dangerous and foolish to do. At the moment I have a .35ohm build in it. That build is perfectly safe to me.

Reactions: mimöschen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread