PV Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirvapsalot86

Jul 1, 2011
Maine, USA
So, I have a smoke 51 trio that I got stuck with off a free trial. I also have a dead njoy npro, which died a glorious death as my first e-cig. I must have charged that thing 20 times a day for two weeks. Anyways, on to the point. After the npro bat died, I purchased a nicotek metro, which I used the leftover cartomizers from the npro starter kit on. They worked. Threads fit perfectly. However, the npro has 4 vent holes around the rim of the bat. The metro has only 2. The 51 trio also only has 2. The cartomizers from both the metro and the npro do not fit on the 51 trio. The 51 trio came with an atomizer and cartridges. The threads are smaller in diameter on the trio than the metro and the npro. All three of these are said to supposedly be RN4081 models. Weird how the trio isn't compatible, isn't it? Is it possible that smoke 51 trio's are made in a custom manner to prevent part exchange? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
That's possible. RN4081's are the most common atty size for the over the counter, over-priced, weak battery devices. If they are compatable, you would know right away.

My suggestion is to cut your losses and cut your frustration level and just get a good beginner PV. A RIVA 510 or 901 manual battery kit or an E-Power manual battery kit. An even better option is to get one of the really better devices such as the 5 volt GLV2 from Great Lakes Vapor or a good variable volt PV. You would actually save money in the long run and eliminate your problems.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
ya i would suggest wasting your money and go with something better...i'm sure you're probably overpaying too.

if you're stuck on the "cigarette" looking models, volt, bloog, and vapor4life are all essentially the same and are pretty much the "best" of the cigarette type looking models.

pretty much everyone upgrades and usually move up to the EGO or RIVA.. (which i would suggest)

sorry, i know this doesn't answer your question, but I think it'll be worth your while to just move on and get a working PV with alot of support from the vendors and members on this forum

good luck

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
So, I have a smoke 51 trio that I got stuck with off a free trial. I also have a dead njoy npro, which died a glorious death as my first e-cig. I must have charged that thing 20 times a day for two weeks. Anyways, on to the point. After the npro bat died, I purchased a nicotek metro, which I used the leftover cartomizers from the npro starter kit on. They worked. Threads fit perfectly. However, the npro has 4 vent holes around the rim of the bat. The metro has only 2. The 51 trio also only has 2. The cartomizers from both the metro and the npro do not fit on the 51 trio. The 51 trio came with an atomizer and cartridges. The threads are smaller in diameter on the trio than the metro and the npro. All three of these are said to supposedly be RN4081 models. Weird how the trio isn't compatible, isn't it? Is it possible that smoke 51 trio's are made in a custom manner to prevent part exchange? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

I started with a 51Trio. 510 cartomizers fit on it! Bout the only good thing about them but its a big plus. Saved my tail till I got something better. 510 threaded supplies are the easiest to find. You'll want regular rather than low resistance cartos. Those kill a little battery quick. Your Trio should have a battery lifetime warranty. I was running to the mall kiosk getting new ones often. Cover one of the Trio's air holes wherenthe batt meets the 'filter' to get a stronger, warmer vape. You can add juice to the cartomizers you got for it. Pop the white stopper off and drip a few drops. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread