Hello from a 5-week vaper! (plus a question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

debster

Dec 24, 2010
Waterport, NY
Hi all! I was so thrilled to find this site! Unfortunately, like some others on here, I found it after the fact -- I got sucked into a Smoke 51 kiosk at the mall, got overcharged, then found you afterwards. I'm actually fairly happy with my S51 trio, and found some excellent e-juice at Halo.

The only bad thing about this site is that there is so MUCH information, I swear a few times I thought my eyes were going to start to bleed! LOL

I've been smoking on/off (mostly on) for about 30 years, and making the transition to an e-cig was fairly painless. I couldn't believe it. And I actually prefer the taste! I tend to vape on and on and on though, since it doesn't go out like an analog.

To my question: I refuse to pay the $50 that Smoke 51 wants for another battery for my trio, and even though I've searched and searched here, I can't seem to find what battery would for sure be compatible. What I've got is like the Freedom 5 Kit, and is not actually branded as Smoke 51 (there isn't any branding at all). Will batteries (and atomizers for that matter) from a 510 also fit my kit? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for a great forum.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Hi and welcome to ECF. Right on their website it says it's 510 compatible so try here for parts Joye 510 E Cig | Joye Cigarette Models: Joye 510, Electronic Cigarette Parts & Accessories. You're lucky, most rebranded e-cigs don't tell you what you've got so you have to research it a bit.

edit: I didn't read the last couple of lines correctly, if it is just like the Freedom 5 kit, yes it will fit 510 parts. If you can post pic's it would help to positively identify it.

Last edited:

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
If it is 510 compatable, you might want to pick up the Riva kit from Liberty Flights. At 29.99, it would give you greater hit and battery life, although it is a lttle larger than the standard 510. If you like the battery life you are getting, and the size, any 510 battery from any of the great ecf vendors would work.

debster

Dec 24, 2010
Waterport, NY
Thanks for the reply! I just took a pic, hopefully it will show up below.

100_0001-1.jpg

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
Last edited:

debster

Dec 24, 2010
Waterport, NY
Last edited:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood

AZVAPS

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
Arizona
Hi Debster - First, congrats on 5 weeks off analogs! Its quite an accomplishment! I am on my 5th month of vaping after a 35 year tobacco habit. The smell of tobacco is so disgusting to me now. I must prefer the taste and smell of a lovely coffee or vanilla vape. As far as your question and at the risk of getting razzed, I own the $29.99 Riva from Liberty and I am disatisfied with it. Of course I have the 901, not the 510 Riva. Vape production is not good. My best experience of about 6 different PVs I own is the eGo. If you can get the $$ together for an Ego you will love it.
Titanium Joye eGo Promotion Kit - My Ecig Supply
I can vouch from personal experience that this is a great company. IMO it will take you to a whole new level of vaping! Whatever you decide, I hope it works. Happy vaping to you!

debster

Dec 24, 2010
Waterport, NY
Thanks AZ! I've had an occasional analog, and you're right, it's awful now!

I will probably upgrade to another PV at some point, but for now I'm going to use what I've got. (I'd have to wait until the Christmas bills are paid, anyway. LOL)

I wish there was a local e-cig store that had everything all in one place to look at! Going from site to site to site makes it hard to remember what the heck I've looked at.

debster

Dec 24, 2010
Waterport, NY
UPDATE -- I got tired of fooling around with my generic's carts (had to refill them really often), and then on xmas day my atty died. Had to smoke analogs until I could get another one (which at least was free). Oy! So I bit the bullet and got a Joye 510 from Cignot. What a difference! I love it. MUCH better vapor, and the cartridges last a LOT longer. Cignot was great, too -- that kit was in my mailbox in 2 days!

The carts came prefilled with Marlboro high nic. Since I've been vaping a 6 mg menthol, that Marlboro really had me coughing. :laugh: It's all good though!

I also have a new addiction: this forum. What a wealth of information. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread