Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Why do you want an inferior device?
May I ask why PWMs are inferior? I have not used one so I have no opinion on them yet, but the I like the idea behind them. If there is something I am missing or don't know about them yet, I sure would appreciate any info before I drop my cash on one.

Reactions: stols001

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Except for being able to use the MOSFET as a sort of fuse, it has no real safety features. Harder on the battery. Of course the series cell version can pump it out if you have it close to straight through. Most are homemade because they're kind of the pinnacle of true home made. I do like the idea of analog, relative controls, but it would need to be more sophisticated than that (PWM/TC?).

• Useful

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I am used to no safety features, I run almost only mechs so I am very comfortable being the safety. I don't like TC at all, and never use it so that is a non issue to me. And it don't run the batteries any harder than a mech, from my understanding.

I know they are not for everyone, but what you said certainly doesn't make them inferior. Just more of a niche thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread