Pyrex TOP Feeder Tank Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
When you say "feed" you are talking about the feed of juice into your coils, yes? Bottom feeds "work" because the coils are where the gravity (and wicking) allows the juice to flow. I don't know of any pyrex tanks/clearomizers that "feed to coils on top" (but I know that there's plenty that I don't know).

Have you tried or considered trying a Pyrex CartoTank rig? It's a different setup than a clearomizer, but to scorch one you really have to work at it (either let the tank and carto completely run dry, run a carto too long until it gets clogged up, or insufficiently prime the carto when you first insert it).

Or, when you say "feed" are you speaking about filling the tank?

I apologize that my questions are odd (or if they offend), but I am not 100% clear on what you are asking when you say "top feed".

I believe the OP is asking about top-coil/top-wicked clearomizers. The Smoktech Pyrex Vivi Nova clone is such a device. Not used one as my experience with Smoktech clearomizers in the past has been less than good (Smoktech Screw tank - aptly named).

And now I understand. Thank you (once again) Baditude. You have a gift for clearing up my confusion (which happens more often than I prefer.... my confusion that is. I am glad that you are here to clear it up!)

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I believe the OP is asking about top-coil/top-wicked clearomizers. The Smoktech Pyrex Vivi Nova clone is such a device. Not used one as my experience with Smoktech clearomizers in the past has been less than good (Smoktech Screw tank - aptly named).

SmokPyrexNovaPink_MED.jpg Smoktech Pyrex Vivi Nova

My question is why are you scorching the wicks of your bottom coiled Protanks? What voltage are you using, and what ohm heads are you using? How long do you go before changing the head?

I've never had this problem with any of the more recent clearomizers.

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Okay, so I'm about ready to give up on my Kanger Pro Tank II, because the flavor wicks keep scorching. Is there such a thing as a top-feeding tank made with pyrex? If so, what would you recommend? Any help would be appreciated and thanks. :)

Define scorching. It's common for the flavor wick to get darker with use.

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado

View attachment 254165 Smoktech Pyrex Vivi Nova

My question is why are you scorching the wicks of your bottom coiled Protanks? What voltage are you using, and what ohm heads are you using? How long do you go before changing the head?

I've never had this problem with any of the more recent clearomizers.

Indeed, you are correct (as usual) in what I was trying to say.

To answer your questions: I am using a 2.2 ohm head at 6.5 to 7.0 watts, and I have been changing heads after ever 2 tank fulls (tank holds 3ml).

The funny thing is when I go to clean them, the wick inside the coil is fine, just the two on top are black (only in the center of them).

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
The flavor wicks in your protank are not actually burnt. It's "caramelized" juice. When I clean and do a dry burn, I take the flavor wicks with tweezers and hold them in a flame on my gas stove until they're pretty and white again. Rinse all the burnt ash off, dry and use. Darker sweeter juices tend to do this quickly. I hope this helps!

UPDATE: I received this response from a similar thread, and I think this could very well be the case. It had never occurred to me. I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks to all who answered. :2cool:

broseph

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
okc
Okay, so I'm about ready to give up on my Kanger Pro Tank II, because the flavor wicks keep scorching. Is there such a thing as a top-feeding tank made with pyrex? If so, what would you recommend? Any help would be appreciated and thanks. :)

I like the vivi's with pyrex or aluminum tanks, but my favorites are the Smoktech DCT (Dual coil) pyrex tanks: SMOKTech Pyrex DCTank Glass DCTank

They are a bit different to fill, and you'll need to really prime before using, but they'll blow you into flavor country when compared to a ProTank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread