Quad micro coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
I want to build a sub-ohm micro coil setup. using 28g wire and cotton.

how should I go about this.. I tried on the nimbus and on the igo-L. but my coils never seem to all glow evenly if I can get them to all glow at all..

sometimes I get one to glow sometimes I get 2. But I never really get them all to glow and hit hard. how many wraps should I be doing for 28g micro coils? for a quad build?

another thing I noticed is the HELIOS rda. It looks awesome and it looks like I would be able to build a quad coil on it easily but its expensive. There's a Helios clone out there but it doesn't have that 4 post situation that got me to eyeball the Helios in the first place. Can anyone recommend a way to setup a quad micro coil build on an IGO-L or a Nimbus?

The nimbus is a pain to build because the holes where you insert your wire are not all perfectly straight. one is a little to the right, the post in the middle is a little to the left, and the other post is perfectly in the center. Plus when I try to build a quad coil on it, I have problems trying to cut wires and trying to get the other side of it set up while the opposite side of the setup is already made because the wires in the holes of the post are all mashed up and in the way. Especially the middle post because i have a twisted wire in it for quad coil purposes.

any help would be nice. :2cool:

xamxela

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Valparaiso
I did it on my nimbus the other night, did 10 wraps on a little screw driver, carefully installed them. ended up being .3 ohms. All lit up fast and even. I have 2 5/64 air holes which was not sufficient. So much vapor. It was really warm and full of flavor. Kinda like if I microwaved a bottle of juice and took a swig. Too intense for me, I'll stick with dual coils.

Long story but you can do it on a nimbus, takes patience to get it right though. And enormous airflow.

Also, the posts in my nimbus are perfectly straight, I wonder why yours aren't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread