Quality 3.7v Box Mods from $19 5v Box Mods from $28

Status
Not open for further replies.

redcat1948

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Eugene OR
I haven't visited the forum in many months and just realized the reason is that my Foxy Box mod (5V) has been working day in and day out without one single problem. No more reading posts every day to try to find the perfect e-cig. Thanks Steve -- for coming up with such a great product and your wonderful customer service.

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
I daresay that Steve has the best customer service of any vendor. Who else would replace a broken part at no cost for something broken by the buyer? I am thinking of buying another 5V to have on hand. Last night I got busy putting away laundry and LOST my 5V. A mad search ensued with the 5V not being found. Every room I had been in was searched up and down. I was sure I had last had it in our bedroom and finally started searching every drawer clean laundry had been placed in. Sure enough, there it lay, nestled at the bottom of my husband's sock drawer. What a relief!

cleolove

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2011
♥ Minnesota ♥
The post office said it was delivered on Friday, but they lied. I didn't get it til yesterday ... but it's so beautiful, it was worth the wait!!!

cleolove-albums-nothing-picture73615-fbm9.jpg

I have a hybrid 1.5 ohm atty on it, and wowzers, it hits amazing! I'm in love! Thanks, Steve!!!

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
Thanks everyone for the kind words. These posts have started wha is going to be an amazing week. But I ain't workin til Monday. I will respond to order requests but won't be processing orders until Monday.

So glad you love your mod Cleo

And thank god u found yours Sun.

And a great report from redcat too! Thanks all!

I have some more feeders in stock that I will offer next week

Steve

Skeeterkck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
U.S.A.
Hey Cleo, that is mine, it's purple, lol j/k It's just so beautiful <3 :) I love your drip tip too :) Great job Steve <3 :)
Hugs,
Skeeterkck
:wub:

The post office said it was delivered on Friday, but they lied. I didn't get it til yesterday ... but it's so beautiful, it was worth the wait!!!

I have a hybrid 1.5 ohm atty on it, and wowzers, it hits amazing! I'm in love! Thanks, Steve!!!

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
It's pimped out purple!

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
Oh Cleo -- it is so beautiful!!!!! Enjoy!

lemonshrew

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
A, A
OK, I finally got the atty's I ordered to try out on my new FoxyBox VV.

I tried my LR (1.5 - 1.7 ohms) atty at 4v and it works great! I can tell a difference going from the 3.7 even though it doesn't seem like it should make much difference. But, yay!

Then I tried a regular (2.2 - 2.4 ohms) atty at 5v. I used my fireball (which is a dark liquid), and it tasted too warm. I'm going to clean it and try a different flavor. Didn't seem to be getting as much vapor either. Reckon I should try 5.5v?

Then I tried the HV (4.6 to 4.7 ohm) atty at 6v. It popped and hissed and I got almost no vapor or flavor. I turned it up a bit and I got a little more vapor.
Am I just being too timid with it? Should I try turning it all the way up to 7 for the HV?
(Steve, 7 is turning the dial all the way, correct?)

Or is my thinking backwards? Should I try turning it down?

Please help VV newb!

Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
Just a suggestion here. I think you should order a voltmeter from madvapes to test loaded voltage.
OK, I finally got the atty's I ordered to try out on my new FoxyBox VV.

I tried my LR (1.5 - 1.7 ohms) atty at 4v and it works great! I can tell a difference going from the 3.7 even though it doesn't seem like it should make much difference. But, yay!

Then I tried a regular (2.2 - 2.4 ohms) atty at 5v. I used my fireball (which is a dark liquid), and it tasted too warm. I'm going to clean it and try a different flavor. Didn't seem to be getting as much vapor either. Reckon I should try 5.5v?

Then I tried the HV (4.6 to 4.7 ohm) atty at 6v. It popped and hissed and I got almost no vapor or flavor. I turned it up a bit and I got a little more vapor.
Am I just being too timid with it? Should I try turning it all the way up to 7 for the HV?
(Steve, 7 is turning the dial all the way, correct?)

Or is my thinking backwards? Should I try turning it down?

Please help VV newb!

Thanks guys.

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
You are correct Shutterbug. The 3.7V boxmod only holds one battery. The 5V box uses two batteries. I vape a lot, and my 5V batts last a couple of hours before I have to put new batteries in. I bought eight batteries to keep in rotation so I always have some charged. I usually will change out batteries after a few hours so as not to completely drain them. I like the extra big hit I get from the 5V over the 3.7V. I have used the 2.0 carts at 5V and have no complaints of heat, but I stocked up on reg. carts and like them just as well.

I'm using something very similar to the 3.7 box mod, but mine uses just 1 battery. Will this one that takes 2 batteries last longer?

Or, does the 3.7 take 1 battery and the 5 volt 2 batteries?

Higbe33

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
I'm using something very similar to the 3.7 box mod, but mine uses just 1 battery. Will this one that takes 2 batteries last longer?

Or, does the 3.7 take 1 battery and the 5 volt 2 batteries?

Shutterbug - I carry two of the 3.7's with LR cartos and they last me 10 hours. I also have the 5v that has two of the 14500 protected batteries and regular carto. It will last about 4 hours longer. Depends on how much you vape however. I was surprised at the comment about a couple hours. Maybe that was a typo.

Hig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread