Quality compared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Are all devices the same or are there quality differences?

This isn't about brands v generics because I know there are brands that are no better and sometimes have worse reputations than generics. This is not about price either.

What I'm interested in is if all devices are created equal even if sold differently.

Or are some devices genuinely better quality than others. Do they last longer, are they easy to use or do they give better vapour for example?

I was going to make this a poll but it's late and I can't be bothered. Feel free to give us your opinion and let us know what devices you've tried and how they compare if you want.

There are differences between manufactures.
I have seen it just in the information the ones i have talked to have sent to me.
A lot of the members know about the lack of quality of the Health "brand"(?), however, I have recently seen an article that the Longtotem brand is made at some of the same places.
I am unable to tell you this manufacturer has a better product then that one, but we all know from this place, which sellers sell quality vs. which is not worth the price.

My Pen here, i have 5 batteries, ALL the same type. One from PureSmoker, its great (and maybe a bit more sensitive then the others).
2 of them are dead, one of them is weird, it works, but the switch wont stay on unless you suck your guts out useing it. IF i look at the tiny codes, I can see they are made by 3 different places, or at least 3 different batches, because there aere 3 different marks, BUT, they were all bought from 2 places. So its even hard to get exactly the same from some sellers. ( i think PS/Cash watches his inventory, but some may not).

Right now, i would say do your research and homework on each company you want to buy from.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
those little batteries are way over complicated things magnus.. the little pressure switch is delicate.. the transistorized switching and control is hit and miss.. but above all they are hand assembled and cost pennies to produce..

robots make things consistently humans have off days..

made in a western way with western quality control they could not be cost effectively made.. they would simply cost too much to produce..

only the chinese make such things possible.. but the failure rate is high.. not a lot can be done about it except lose some of the over complication.. a name i promised not to mention brought on the K.I.S.S principle.. this is why..

they tried to lose some of the poor reliability causing complications..

trog

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
Are all devices the same or are there quality differences?

This isn't about brands v generics because I know there are brands that are no better and sometimes have worse reputations than generics. This is not about price either.

What I'm interested in is if all devices are created equal even if sold differently.

Or are some devices genuinely better quality than others. Do they last longer, are they easy to use or do they give better vapour for example?

I was going to make this a poll but it's late and I can't be bothered. Feel free to give us your opinion and let us know what devices you've tried and how they compare if you want.

:oops: all e cig is from china .for what I know there is around 10 factories producing it , the poioneer one is around 3 factories at first than slowly others emerge up due to demand , there is surely supplies.

those brands one is they got their kits from a good factories.thus the parts are more durable.but it cost abit expensive for the dealers since the parts is at least well check default at the factories.
whereas some get from those poor factories , where the e cig is poorely made thus they give good price for the dealers.

but summary e cig is still not that stable I shall not mention again kate u are more expert than me should know :oops:orelse we will be not getting spare atomisers or burn it

and performance drops after weeks.

so far I haven;t deal with puresmokers ect US and Uk suppliers yet but many europe e smokers here comment their stuffs is good and many give recommdation ,I believe they got their stuffs from those good factories.

since I stay in asia , I want to have my stuffs fast , so mostly scout around looking for good china supplier

so far my review ,

heaven gifts , wayne , not bad the service , shippment is fast to my side.
but too bad he stop shipping to singapore because recently don;t know why he got two package been confiscated at sg customs.gee I also feel curious since I deal with him two times before never happen .

so I scout around .and happen to find david yang , this fellow in this forum.He is a teacher surprise :pand he is e cig supplier.so I order some models from him and try , serivce is good , stuffs is good trouble free upoon recieved.

next is janty europe .This is the first supplier I deal base at europe.
stuffs is good , service also but problem is shippment abit longer , since they came from europe :(

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Oh, there are definite differences. Sedansa and ePuffer are both made at the same factory, but they are worlds apart, quality wise. Sedansa is high quality, high performance, and ePuffer is more average.

perhaps the factories have whats called a binning process leaford.. cpus are made this way.. so are high powered leds.. for cost reasons no factory has more productions lines than it needs to..

the binning concept is where its all made on the same line and then goes thru a selection process.. with cpus they get a different name and a different clock speed put in different boxes and sold at different prices..

in essence its more to fill market slots and the so called binning process is often fake.. which is what cpu overclocking is all about.. knowing which of the cheap ones are really expensive ones in a different box..

the public will never believe this but its what goes on.. identical components sold in different boxes at different prices to different market segments..

perhaps sedansa pay a little more and get the better parts.. sometimes when things go well all the parts are good.. which explains why the cheaper parts can often be as good as the dearer parts..

the bottom line being the same factory by using the binning process can sell different quality products to different people.. its the holy grail.. one product to suit all and no wastage..

trog

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
perhaps the factories have whats called a binning process leaford.. cpus are made this way.. so are high powered leds.. for cost reasons no factory has more productions lines than it needs to..

the binning concept is where its all made on the same line and then goes thru a selection process.. with cpus they get a different name and a different clock speed put in different boxes and sold at different prices..

in essence its more to fill market slots and the so called binning process is often fake.. which is what cpu overclocking is all about.. knowing which of the cheap ones are really expensive ones in a different box..

the public will never believe this but its what goes on.. identical components sold in different boxes at different prices to different market segments..

perhaps sedansa pay a little more and get the better parts.. sometimes when things go well all the parts are good.. which explains why the cheaper parts can often be as good as the dearer parts..

the bottom line being the same factory by using the binning process can sell different quality products to different people.. its the holy grail.. one product to suit all and no wastage..

trog

:) yup trog that why I mention already different factories produced different kind of quality e cig .is just matter how long it last

some last very long some last only few weeks.
but back to square one , all this don;t last .

surely bound u have to keep getting extras.

but what most important , is the suppliers

we need to recommand those good suppliers out there and also comment which bad suppliers to avoid.

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece

trog
Your theory is good but I don't really buy it. Some time ago I bought dse801 and along it came "quick check" slip that was dated on the same same week I placed my order. Sailebao atomizers and batteries have dates craved on them and these were 4-6months old. Little later I ordered some atomizers for it from another seller and these were just as old. Also some other guy here had bought another dse801(again from another seller) and one of the batteries had same date as my battery had. What are the odds of that?
This binning concept is used when it is impossible to build something "perfectly". You cannot make a cpu that would have all the transistors that were designed to be there functioning. Nor can you make a battery that is perfect, ie. reaches some theoretical maximum mAh rating. There will always be impurities that mess things up. Chinese don't really even have enough high quality ingredients to make quality batteries anyway. Koreans do. On the other hand I believe it is possible to build an atomizer so perfectly there is no meaningful difference in quality between atomizers. Binning could be used when making batteries. Not really sure if that is necessary though.

My guess would be that huge amounts are produced in just a few days and then the machinery is tuned to produce some other product. These machines cost big bucks and many machines are needed to make one e-cig. One to wind coil, another to put it in place, third to put the wick in "ceramic", fourth one to place atomizer ceramic in metal casing etc. etc. One factory producing many products would make sense since that way you can maximize utilization rate of this expenssive equipment that rarely fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread