What's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cptfunpants

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
VA
Someone sell me on a high end device. I am currently using a Vamo and a Silverbullet as my two main mods. What's the point of a provari or a darwin? How is the performance better? I'm know I'm not the most knowledgeable person on the subject but it seems to me that if the device fires and activates the cartomizer etc how can the performance be enhanced? It seems like the quality of your tanks, cartos etc has more to do with your devices performance than the actual device. I'm not talking about build quality differences here with devices when it comes to how robust they are or how well they hold up to you dropping them on asphalt, straight up performance. I'm not sure if I got my point across here concisely so if I didn't please let me know so I can elaborate further.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
The Provari uses a more accurate technology to regulate the output power, so it is consistently and constantly the same voltage regardless of battery life. Chinese mods tend to operate around 30Mhz and the provari is up around 800Mhz iirc. Is this discernible in the hit? Some say that they absolutely notice the difference. I'm waiting on a CVI v1 so I can't really say myself until that shows up, but compared to a Twist there does seem to be some difference.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/381232-provari-oscope-vs-vamo.html

Of course it comes with a 1 year warranty and an optional 2 year. Only a few manufacturers offer a warranty that long and only one I know supersedes its (Super T's).

When they offer an upgraded circuit board you can send it for $20 and receive the update, instead of buying a new version of the device.

Their customer service is apparently really good but I've not had to contact them for anything.

It offers the lowest ohm capability of any VV mod that I know of. Mechanical is the only way to get lower.

They are bloody solid as a rock too. I've dropped my full size numerous times and the device, while marred up a bit, still functions exactly the same as it ever did. They feel real good in the hand, nothing about them feels cheap.

No experience with the Darwin. I think with all the VW coming out now its a bit outdated. Though its definitely a collectors item. Could look for something like the DNA20, same manufacturer but with better capabilities.

Keep an eye on the classified section. Provaris will pop up at very reasonable prices ($20~ under Provapes price). They also hold their resale value.

Last edited:

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Screwing the battery cap on and off is what sold me. The threads are as smooth as butter. Medical devices are the only other devices I've handled with such exacting tolerances on the threading. Like Hunter S. said, they're solid as a rock. You're reminded of its quality and durability every time you pick it up.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The ProVape Team Interview - Spinfuel Magazine | Spinfuel Magazine

The ProVape Provari Mini, in Black

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/289525-provari-made-usa.html

Besides being the mod that I go to the most because it gives me the most consistant and satisfying vape, I chose the Provari because of its reputation of being a durable, consistant, dependable APV which can be serviced by Provape for as long as I own the device (something that the Chinese mods can't come close to claiming).

If looking for a long term, every day mod, you won't find a better device. It is the standard that others are judged by.

I own an Altsmoke BB and Silver Bullet, a Smoktech VV Gripper, and a Segelei/Ovale V8 variable voltage APV...and the Provari is hands down the best. Some people may not be able to tell the difference in the vape, but the Provari is definitely better to me, no matter what the juice delivery device is on top. If you can find a better APV than the Provari, then buy that.

Last edited:

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
I just bought my second ProVari. I also have a Lavatube, a ZMax & several ePowers & eGos. I bought the ZMax because of it being VW. I like the ZMax, but if I don't remember to shut it off, it changes settings in my pocket. My ProVari doesn't. It stays however I set it.

I like the hit I get on the ProVari & it's the same until the battery dies. The ZMax has a good hit & it stays pretty good, if it doesn't change in my pocket. Actually, I think I get better battery life on the ZMax.

I bought the second ProVari because of the uncertainty in the Vaping world. Also, the button on the ZMax is getting flaky. It's 4 months old. The Lavatube is over a year old & works just fine, so I'm not hard on PV's. It, of course, looks like it's a year old! The ProVari is 9 months old & works like new. Doesn't look bad, either.

I keep saying that the best PV ever made is the one that gets you off cigs & keeps you off. For me, that's a ProVari.

Last edited:

Txrider

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Some of us are used to spending $4-500 a month on cigarettes, next to that a one time shot for what, $150 for a provari is chump change, I could buy a new one every month and still be far cheaper than smoking cigs was. And a unit that has all the protection features and a good precise wattage regulator is going to be a very consistent vape, and with a large battery lasts a long time between recharges.

I don't own a provari or anything more expensive than an Ego twist, I'm the type technical that would build my own wattage controlled device if I desired one just for the fun of making it. But I could not produce such a nicely put together package as they do for $150

Now when someone comes out with a device that monitors not volts, not watts, but actual atomiser temperature I'll likely be all over it, if I don't get enough free time and bug up my .... to invent one first. It wouldn't even be a difficult circuit to make, but a third conductor going up to the atomizer would be a necessity so it would never work with any current tanks/attys etc..

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
If you can afford a Provari without breaking the bank, by all means, get a Provari.

If it will hurt you financially, do not get one. Like 2nd Chance said, if your current set-up works for you, then stick with it.

I will say, if you do buy a Provari, I can almost 100% guarantee you will not regret it.

Unless someone has the opportunity to actually try/test a provari or simply buys one by chance, such as myself, it is truly difficult to explain to someone what the actual build quality and the vaping experience of the said is like. Words cannot equate to the actual use of one.

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
Noone should need to sell you on a high end device. If you want one get one. Other than that if something works for you reguardless of how expensive it is or it's placement in the line of things then that is all that matters.

You don't "need" high end devices. They are for wants. If you want it get it. There is no need to "keep up with the Jones'" in this. Just use what works and when you can get the luxury device then go for it. But do it because you want it not because you think you need it.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
My LT clone doesn't really fire at 5 volts as the battery becomes drained. I can live with it, though I notice it. I say " Yup, battery is down to 3.5, " and I change it out. It cost less than my first cig-sized 510 kit, has a warranty, and was bought from a vendor who has good customer service. A Provari will keep on pushing out that 5 volts. I'm sure my LT isn't right on target with voltage even with a full battery, but I really don't care. It's close enough. There have been enough reviews for me to say that the Provari ( I don't own one ) is very durable. But I'm cheap and satisfied. If anything, I would buy a REO. Actually, I do have a spare $200 to spend right now, but I have no plans to order anything. It's just not necessary for me.

I believe in the consistency and durability but this stuff is just so silly:

Words cannot equate to the actual use of one.

I'm sure it's awesome. I don't think you guys are full of crap about it being a great, reliable device, but you make it sound like a religious experience! Of course, not all vapers are the same. I don't collect. I just get my fix and am happy I'm not breathing in carcinogens.

OP - if you want a new toy, buy one! As long as there is no reason not to, go for it! Maybe you like collecting.

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I believe in the consistency and durability but this stuff is just so silly:

I'm sure it's awesome. I don't think you guys are full of crap about it being a great, reliable device, but you make it sound like a religious experience! Of course, not all vapers are the same. I don't collect. I just get my fix and am happy I'm not breathing in carcinogens.

OP - if you want a new toy, buy one! As long as there is no reason not to, go for it! Maybe you like collecting.

the Provari ( I don't own one )

Well, then, I can see your side of the argument, but you can't see ours. I understand, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread