Status
Not open for further replies.

darknecrotic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 6, 2014
    Columbia, SC
    www.caraudioinc.com
    Hopefully this is the right place for this..

Basically I have decided that I want to start making my own alien coils. I will attempting 2x28 gauge for the cores and wrapping with 34 gauge to hopefully get the hang of it then as I get better make my way down to 38 gauge.

So for the wire that I clapton, de-core and stretch out.. should I clapton a piece of 28 gauge? Any tutorials I've seen do the 3 core aliens with 26 gauge so I'm not sure. Hopefully I explained that correctly. Thanks.

Nuchuga

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2013
    Orange County, CA
    Ive only done 28g aliens a few time so my experience isnt extensive however IMO, this is your best bet. Use 2 28's as your core, clapton 34 on 28 and then stretch a 6 inch or so piece so about 48 inches, and then wrap. Because its stretched, you do not want to use 28 as the outer alien. As long as the ratios/wire sizes are kept the same in terms of sizing up or down, the actual process should remain the same. Because your doing double instead of triple core, Id recommend not stretching quite as far as usual because you dont need to cover quite as much surface area

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread