The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Question about a sig??????

Discussion in 'Stormy's Vapor Cellar' started by horton, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. horton

horton ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
    I'd like to get a sig like Stormy has. Is there a way to get it? Could Stormy possibly post a little "how-to" about putting the sig in my profile. Sure would appreciate it.......

2. CloudBurst

CloudBurst Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    I'm not a pro at this and it took me several tries to get mine but here goes...
    Go to "edit signature" in your CP
    copy and paste this
    http://stormysvaporcellar.com/sigtm.jpg
    into the url link button.
    Let me know if it works.
    Seems pretty easy now! LOL

3. horton

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
    Think I got it. Just doesn't seem show up on extant posts, or at least that is how it appears to be working so far. It does show with new posts.
    I was able to edit the posts in this subforum only to get it to show by going to advanced editing and ticking "show sig" box......
    Only took me a couple of hours to figure it out.... duh...... LOL

4. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    See what I mean?? Took me forever also! Anyone else who may want this, we'll get directions together and make it a sticky.
    hint, hint...horton! ;)

5. horton

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
    As they say, I can take a hint.....LOL. I'll get together the steps I followed and post them soon as I can. It is rather confusing (at least to me) how to put an external link in for a sig. But, I shall give it a try.... stand by for more info.

6. Morfeeus

Morfeeus Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2011
    Blue Springs, MO
    Your sig doesnt provide a link to Stormy's store though like hers does.

Reply from horton:

Thanks for pointing that out. I put in exactly what was in Stormy's post and I'm not sure why the sig is not "live". I'll have to do some more fiddling to figure that part out before putting up how I did mine.

7. horton

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
    Well, I am not sure what I'm not doing properly. I did manage to get a "link" next to the image, but that's not quite right. I'll keep at it, but this is giving me a headache....lol. I don't see any explicit instructions in the Edit Signature area about how to make this work the way I want it to.

8. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    I'm not sure either, anyone have any ideas or know how to do this so it's a link?

9. horton

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
    LOL..... I have this so messed up now.... What I currently have is the image in the preview area of the Edit Signature and I can't get rid of it. All I can do add the link to Stormy's site right next to it. We need an expert here!!!! LMAO Also, can someone send me some aspirin?

10. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    I have aspirin! Hehe

11. horton

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
    Good... can you overnight it to me??? Oh, wait, the USPS is going to eliminate overnight mail.....darn. Maybe it would be faster to walk to the pharmacy a block away and get some??? LOL
    I have tried every combination I can come up with in the Edit Signature section to get the sig working properly and no happiness yet. Where the heck is that "help" button? Least I was able to get a text link to the homepage to show next to the image.... that's progress, right?

12. horton

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
    OK.... here's what I did after consultation with Stormy. She sent me directions which I have copied into this post. Talk about a convoluted way to get it to work, but it does work....LOL. Below are the exact directions from the note she sent me:

Logged into ecf:
    Settings>edit signature
    Upload signature picture - http://stormysvaporcellar.com/sig/sig.jpg
    After it uploads, click 'insert signature picture'
    In the editor, you'll see (SIGPIC)(/SIGPIC) it will be brackets [ ], not ( ).
    Highlight [SIGPIC)(/SIGPIC] & click on the little world. Enter stormysvaporcellar.com/index.php
    Click save signature.

**The "little world" is the link button in the big editor box in the edit signature section just to the right of the bold, ital, and underline options. It looks like a globe with a piece of chain link in front of it. It will open a box when you click on it for you to enter stormysvaporcellar.com/index.php .

Remember to get rid of anything you may already have done before you try the above. Otherwise you will get an error telling you that you can't have two sigs at the same time. Hope it works for you. If not, let us know and we will keep digging deeper. Sorry for all the confusion. horton, over and out

PS... FYI -- Stormy just made a sticky with the same directions.

13. jpf880

jpf880 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2011
    oHIo
  14. CloudBurst

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    JP- it doesn't have the link to the website attached. But, it looks good. ;)
    Thanks

15. horton

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
    JP -- I forgot to highlight the [SIGPIC)(/SIGPIC] before clicking on the little "world link" and entering the URL to the site the first time I tried with the new directions. It put the picture in, but not the link to the site. Maybe that's what happened. Give that a try and let us know..... we'll help you get 'er right....

PS... I'm a displaced Buckeye.... what part of Ohio are you from? Just being nosy..... LOL

16. jpf880

Feb 27, 2011
    oHIo
  17. jpf880

Feb 27, 2011
    oHIo
  18. horton

Aug 11, 2010
    Left Side of Florida
    Getting closer, JP... sent you a PM.... Think I can help you. horton..... over and out

PS.... Grew up in T-town and spent roughly 20 yrs. in Athens. Loved southern OH - was a professional student at "Harvard on the Hocking" (Ohio U). Collected several degrees before I had to get a real job. LOL Glad to have another Buckeye in the forum!! Wish I could say "Go Bucks", but I believe they are done for the year. Bummer. Too bad Woody isn't around anymore. Then they would have a ball team again. Down here I don't get much news about the Bucks, but I thought I read that they just fired their current coach and re-hired one they had let go last season. Is that right? Be nice to hear some news about them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.