Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Think I got it. Just doesn't seem show up on extant posts, or at least that is how it appears to be working so far. It does show with new posts.
I was able to edit the posts in this subforum only to get it to show by going to advanced editing and ticking "show sig" box......
Only took me a couple of hours to figure it out.... duh...... LOL

Morfeeus

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
Your sig doesnt provide a link to Stormy's store though like hers does.

Reply from horton:

Thanks for pointing that out. I put in exactly what was in Stormy's post and I'm not sure why the sig is not "live". I'll have to do some more fiddling to figure that part out before putting up how I did mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Good... can you overnight it to me??? Oh, wait, the USPS is going to eliminate overnight mail.....darn. Maybe it would be faster to walk to the pharmacy a block away and get some??? LOL
I have tried every combination I can come up with in the Edit Signature section to get the sig working properly and no happiness yet. Where the heck is that "help" button? Least I was able to get a text link to the homepage to show next to the image.... that's progress, right?

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
OK.... here's what I did after consultation with Stormy. She sent me directions which I have copied into this post. Talk about a convoluted way to get it to work, but it does work....LOL. Below are the exact directions from the note she sent me:

Logged into ecf:
Settings>edit signature
Upload signature picture - http://stormysvaporcellar.com/sig/sig.jpg
After it uploads, click 'insert signature picture'
In the editor, you'll see (SIGPIC)(/SIGPIC) it will be brackets [ ], not ( ).
Highlight [SIGPIC)(/SIGPIC] & click on the little world. Enter stormysvaporcellar.com/index.php
Click save signature.

**The "little world" is the link button in the big editor box in the edit signature section just to the right of the bold, ital, and underline options. It looks like a globe with a piece of chain link in front of it. It will open a box when you click on it for you to enter stormysvaporcellar.com/index.php .

Remember to get rid of anything you may already have done before you try the above. Otherwise you will get an error telling you that you can't have two sigs at the same time. Hope it works for you. If not, let us know and we will keep digging deeper. Sorry for all the confusion. horton, over and out

PS... FYI -- Stormy just made a sticky with the same directions.

Last edited:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
JP -- I forgot to highlight the [SIGPIC)(/SIGPIC] before clicking on the little "world link" and entering the URL to the site the first time I tried with the new directions. It put the picture in, but not the link to the site. Maybe that's what happened. Give that a try and let us know..... we'll help you get 'er right....

PS... I'm a displaced Buckeye.... what part of Ohio are you from? Just being nosy..... LOL

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Getting closer, JP... sent you a PM.... Think I can help you. horton..... over and out

PS.... Grew up in T-town and spent roughly 20 yrs. in Athens. Loved southern OH - was a professional student at "Harvard on the Hocking" (Ohio U). Collected several degrees before I had to get a real job. LOL Glad to have another Buckeye in the forum!! Wish I could say "Go Bucks", but I believe they are done for the year. Bummer. Too bad Woody isn't around anymore. Then they would have a ball team again. Down here I don't get much news about the Bucks, but I thought I read that they just fired their current coach and re-hired one they had let go last season. Is that right? Be nice to hear some news about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread