Question about base liquid mixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetherid

Nov 12, 2013
FL,USA
Hi,

I've been mixing juice for a good 6 months now and i cant seem to figure out how to get that airy feeling in your throat to go away...

I mostly mix at a 60/40 vg/pg blend but with my flavoring combined it turns out to be a 48/52 blend. I don't use any water. How can i get this airy type taste out of my juice mixes and make my smoke cloudy and thick with an excellent taste to it?

Please help!

Jason

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
You should get the EJuiceMeUp calculator, so you can choose your PG/VG ratio, and hit that.
You tell it what Nic you're using, what total volume you want, what percentage flavors, and it tells you how much of each ingredient to use.
So for more vapor (which is sounds like you want) you could try mixing something that's actually 60%VG, or maybe even higher (it'll be thick...).

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
What device are you vaping with? It may not be the juice... It could be a combination of your device, atomizer resistance, drip tip length, etc... The coil may not be fully vaporizing the juice, so you are getting more air than vapor...

When I am mixing more VG than PG, I find the vape to be a bit more full and moist... Higher PG offers a bit more flavor, not as much vapor. A little bit more dry.

Are you using any flavors at all? What types of flavorings are you using?

I've found that some of the alcohol based flavorings can sometimes make my throat feel a bit scratchy...

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Hmm... I know with my ProTank, I like to pull a flavor wick out of the atomizer head to get a little better saturation of the wicks. With a thicker juice, you may find that helps. It's a pretty easy procedure, and I believe it's documented pretty well in PBusardo's review of the ProTank on YouTube.

I'm guessing you have the voltage set to where you like it? Typically higher voltages will give a bit more vapor... You just don't want it burnt tasting... If that happens back off...

I've had good luck with the TFA flavors. Haven't used Loran but several people do...

Have you tried any pre-made juices from reputable manufacturers? Do those juices taste alright?

My best guess for now is that your wicks aren't getting a complete saturation. Only you can be the judge of that through experimenting with flavor wicks in the head :)

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Welcome to ECF, by the way :)

We actually have a very active DIY Sub Forum, but I think you need 15 posts to be able to post there... Maybe 10?

Not real sure about the post count... But when you get the required amount, it would be a good idea to post this question there. You'll get a lot better exposure in an audience of people who DIY all the time. The New Member Forum doesn't get a lot of DIY traffic

Here is a link to the DIY Sub Forum

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

And here is a link to more information regarding new member post counts

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...262-new-members-how-many-posts-do-i-need.html

Last edited:

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
What about the airy taste that ive been getting for so long.

Protanks are known for the "airy" draw.
Some tape up one hole, or break the tip of a toothpick off in it to block out the amount of air they get.
You may find it's as simple as that.
Cover one of the air holes with a finger while you draw, and see if some of the airyness dissapears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread