Question about charging, please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Hunter

Jan 10, 2014
WAR EAGLE Country
Alright guys, I just got my 1000mah vision wood spinner (in avatar) and I have a question about charging! It charges on a regular ego charger, which I have 2 of. I used the battery until completely dead, then hooked it up to charge. I have a 450mah charger and a 5v output wall adapter (the adapter has the potential to charge 2 USB ports at the same time). It charged in about 45 minutes. One hour at the absolute longest. Should I be worried? I understand that these batteries usually take 3 - 4 hours to charge. Am I just being paranoid, or is this likely a battery or charger malfunction? Any suggestions or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hunter.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Its a good idea to have at least two chargers. Not only is it good for backup but also to test against each other. With these kind of batteries, its not a good idea to let them drain completely. It will reduce its life. After a while you get to know your vaping style and when its time to charge without it completely draining. Myself, I don't need anything over 3.7 volts so VV is wasted on me. Lucky because I can use Joye C upgrades which gives a warning light by a change in button led light anywhere from 50% drained to 80% when I use it in the right mode for that.

The_Hunter

Jan 10, 2014
WAR EAGLE Country
Its a good idea to have at least two chargers. Not only is it good for backup but also to test against each other. With these kind of batteries, its not a good idea to let them drain completely. It will reduce its life. After a while you get to know your vaping style and when its time to charge without it completely draining. Myself, I don't need anything over 3.7 volts so VV is wasted on me. Lucky because I can use Joye C upgrades which gives a warning light by a change in button led light anywhere from 50% drained to 80% when I use it in the right mode for that.

I almost never let my batteries die. This was its first charge and I have heard that you need to run a battery all the way down in its first cycle. My egos have a warning light similar to that. Lol

The_Hunter

Jan 10, 2014
WAR EAGLE Country
I have 2 vision spinners and neither has taken much more than an hour to take a full charge.
Now my MVP 2 has taken 2-4 hours to take a full charge but there's a much larger battery
in it...

You're good... enjoy your Spinner... vape away! :toast:

This is nice to hear. A little relief lol. Also, looks like great minds think alike. I ordered an mvp v2 a few days ago :)

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa

Glad to hear this. I have several ego batteries and have been putting them on the charger when it seems I'm not getting good performance, even though the switch lights up and they are working. I like it much better when they are more fully charged. Good to know it's better for the batteries, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread