Question about Clearomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
Sometimes reading through lots of posts puts potentially expensive ideas in my head but here goes

Do clearomizers (sp) produce a warm or cold vapour? and most importantly, do they leak?

My reason for asking is probably going to sound silly but yesterday I had a long drive on the motorway and my battery died, I had another pv set up ready so that wasn't the problem, what was was when the carto started to dry out and I had a fair few miles before I could pull off to top it up.

Generally I prefer to use my 808's but for long drives I do use my eGo 650mah, what I was wondering was would a clearomizer be the answer to this or would I need a new set up completely.

I don't really want to move onto anything bigger and I don't like the idea of a mod (plus they look complicated, prefer a plug and play system), but I don't like wrecking cartos either. I have these long drives more often now and they will be weekly from September so want to get something I am comfortable with before I have to rely on it.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

mikkey9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Chesterfield, England
Hi Trilly i see your from my neck of the woods (i`m in chesterfield) :)
I got a vision ego clearomiser 2 days ago and it seems pretty good, plenty of vapour and not too warm, easy to fill and holds plenty of juice and no leaks (so far), I have read on here some people saying they mute the flavour but whilst the cherry cola i`ve put in mine does taste different than in my tank its not better or worse, just slightly different, The only slight niggle i find is that as the juice level drops you have to remember to tilt to keep the wick wet.
For everyday out and about use i can`t fault it, and they look good too:-

IMG_0065 (478x640).jpg

Oh and according to the manufacturer you can wash them out when you want to change flavours (haven`t tried this yet so can`t comment)
I can say i will be ordering a couple more.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
Thanks Mikkey9, my reason for not jumping in and just going for it is because my DH bought me the Ego-T and I hated the tank, the vapour was cold and I felt no throat hit, I love the warm vapour but have so far only found it with the cartos but have now found a drawback in one situation.
Cherry Cola sounds good though, where did you get that???

rdwg

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2012
usa
I use a 3.5 ml smoktech dual coil tank with a pre-punched-flanged 1.7ohm single coil carto on my kgo/egos. Lasts a long time and plenty of warm vapor. Not complicated at all, just fill and vape :vapor: Hoosier e-cig suppply has the 1.7ohm pre-punched and crystal clear vaping has them too. eta: sorry just noticed your in the UK not familiar with uk venders:oops:

Last edited:

OneDayIllQuit

Mar 23, 2012
Kent UK
I'm really enjoying the Vision ego clearomisers. They are easy to use, hold a decent amount of juice, and don't leak. And yes, the wash out easily in warm water. The first couple of hits after washing are tasteless, just steam, but then the new flavour comes through fine.

liberty-flights.co.uk have them at a good price with free shipping, and "eas69" gets you 15% off

Last edited:

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
I tasks my DH with this but he is struggling a little, having a bad experiance with the cold vapour from the eGo-T is making his suggestion of the Bud-atomiser seam unappealing but the idea seams good, no-where though can I find out if it is cold or warm vapour.
Considering it is me that uses these he likes to interfear and for some reason he likes the look of tanks.
Am I ruling them out too soon?

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
The key is to get a low resistance apparently; this is something you'll see talked about a lot on the forum that takes a while to get. LR (Low Resistance) cartomizers/clearomizers/tankomizers range from 1.5ohm to 2.0ohm. Because of the lower resistance, they will drain your battery a bit more but will produce the most vapor and the warmest hit.

I really like my 510 LR Dual Coil Tank from vaporjunction, heavy warm deep throat hit that's as close to an analog I've come with an eGo. I would search around for low resistance clearomizers. I did a quick Google search and found these, not sure if good but they have 5 stars with 7 reviewers: 5 Pack Blank 510 XL Clearomizer (45mm | Holds 1.6ml | 2.0ohm) for 510 and eGo Model eCigs

The other option of course is to buy a VV (Variable Voltage) mod which will allow you to pump more volts into standard resistance carts so you can get the same feel (and with less battery drain). Low Resistance on an eGo battery is basically a workaround to simulate this.

Here's a pic comparing an eGo 650mah battery with a Boge LR cartomizer and a drip tip (you don't have to get one this gaudy), a 900mah battery with my 510 LR Dual Coil Tank, and a really thin small pen so you can see the size comparison a little better.

Photo Apr 19, 9 09 04 AM.jpg

Last edited:

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
The key is to get a low resistance apparently; this is something you'll see talked about a lot on the forum that takes a while to get. LR (Low Resistance) cartomizers/clearomizers/tankomizers range from 1.5ohm to 2.0ohm. Because of the lower resistance, they will drain your battery a bit more but will produce the most vapor and the warmest hit.

I really like my 510 LR Dual Coil Tank from vaporjunction, heavy warm deep throat hit that's as close to an analog I've come with an eGo. I would search around for low resistance clearomizers. I did a quick Google search and found these, not sure if good but they have 5 stars with 7 reviewers: 5 Pack Blank 510 XL Clearomizer (45mm | Holds 1.6ml | 2.0ohm) for 510 and eGo Model eCigs

The other option of course is to buy a VV (Variable Voltage) mod which will allow you to pump more volts into standard resistance carts so you can get the same feel (and with less battery drain). Low Resistance on an eGo battery is basically a workaround to simulate this.

Ok, this may be what went wrong with the previous tank setup DH bought me, it had a standard resistand atty, if I read this correctly a tank system may still therefore be viable if the atty is low resistance would give the warm vapour I like with the advantage of not having to top up every hour like with the cloth filled cartos.

I still find this confussing but this makes more sense.

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
Ok, this may be what went wrong with the previous tank setup DH bought me, it had a standard resistand atty, if I read this correctly a tank system may still therefore be viable if the atty is low resistance would give the warm vapour I like with the advantage of not having to top up every hour like with the cloth filled cartos.

I still find this confussing but this makes more sense.

I'm with you on that sister. I'm a whiz with anything computer/software related but a total duffer at electronics. To answer your question though, yes...a standard resistance atomizer on an eGo battery will nearly always deliver a cold, weak vape. I've experienced this on many different thingyomizers that I'm saving for my VV device. If you get a tank system with a low resistance carto you will be golden.

Here's the one I have (in the picture on my last post) and it's outstanding, easy to fill and use, no leaks or problems: 510 Dual Coil Tank [VJDCT5ML] - $11.95 : VaporJunction, E-Cigarette Supply

I've heard the LR SmokTech ones from madvapes are good too.

GWG73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Florida
The LR Vision Clearomizers are, imo, a great solution for the long drive vape. The LR burn warm, the do not leak, and hold a substantial amount of juice. I can't speak to other clearomizers, as the Visions are the only ones I've used. The biggest reason I like them for driving (other than the fact that they can't really leak), is that there's nothing pressed together....it's all threaded including the tip. On the tank systems, the tip could come out, or the tank could even slide on the cartomizer. I know it's not likely, but when driving there are times I have to drop the PV on the seat quickly to react in traffic, for example, and I know it's durable and won't be a problem.

mikkey9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Chesterfield, England
Thanks Mikkey9, my reason for not jumping in and just going for it is because my DH bought me the Ego-T and I hated the tank, the vapour was cold and I felt no throat hit, I love the warm vapour but have so far only found it with the cartos but have now found a drawback in one situation.
Cherry Cola sounds good though, where did you get that???

I bought a bottle of 18mg cola flavour and my daughter bought a bottle 18mg of cherry flavour and neither of them tasted very nice, so being a frugal kind of guy (insert the word skinflint) i wondered what would happen if i mixed them together!
At 50/50 the result was nothing spectacular but at least it was useable, and as i only used 5ml of each i`ve got plenty left to try other ratio`s (70/30 cola/cherry next time i think.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
Let me just add: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

There, I feel better.

Now that that's out of the way; I am having a very hard time finding EXACTLY what I want, which is flanged, single coil, 1.5 - 1.7ohm poly-fill cartomizers. I like the Smoktech DCT 3.5's, but finding the right carto for them is driving me nuts. I do NOT want dual coil, and I'm bugged and surprised that Smoktech doesn't seem to even make one. I could get single coil, LR, stainless steel XL-size cartos, but I can't find them with the flange that keeps the tank from sliding down, especially when the tank is mounted on an eGo-style power unit like an actual Joyetech eGo or the (preferable) e-Power power unit, like the 14650. If anyone knows where I can find exactly what I'm looking for, I would be very grateful.

Now a word about dual coils, and why they don't float my boat at low voltage.

Even at 1.5 ohms, a dual coil on a 3.4 volt Joyetech battery would give each coil a whopping 3.85 watts. A single coil of the same resistance would see twice that - 7.7 watts - and the power unit would be putting out the same amperage; about 2.25. I do not understand the fascination with dual coils on a low-power device that runs at 3.4 - 3.7 volts. I just do not.

Those clearomizers from Vapor Junction look interesting, but I'm not sure if they are single or dual coil. I'm thinking single, with each of the two long wicks feeding a single coil. Is this correct? If so, I'll give some of them a try while I continue to search for a proper carto for the Smoktech DCT tank. (Yes, I want to put a single coil carto in a [D]ual [C]oil [T]ank. Why they call it a "Dual Coil Tank" I have little idea. Maybe it works better with two coils if you can give them enough wattage, but that is just not going to happen at 3.4 - 3.7 volts.

This is a very good thread for getting a handle on single vs. dual coil, and what it takes for power to properly run each one:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ined-detail-single-dual-coil-atty-cartos.html

If you think you're getting a good vape on a dual coil 1.5 ohm carto inside a tank, try it at a true 5 volts, on something like the Smoktech Woo (7.4 volts regulated down to a rock-solid 5 volts), and tell me what kind of difference you notice. It is night and day. Absolutely no comparison. Replace your dual coil carto with a single coil, and you'll get a dramatic improvement as well.

In conclusion: Low voltage plus dual coil = blah.

If you do get a stacked-battery APV like the Woo, or the soon-to-arrive VMax (both Smoktech), be sure to use protectewd batteries with the correct charger, and slot the tubes so that these devices will be in compliance with the EMSS guidelines. Your reward will be to reap the benefits of high voltage that is regulated down from higher voltage, which is simply better from a physics standpoint, than transforming 3.7 volts upward as just about every other production VV APV does. Keep your eye on the Smoktech VMax.

Last edited:

njgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Princeton
John,

Most of the fluxomizers from GotVapes are way too cold and weak on the ego battery. I hear you on the dual coils, but I actually had great success with two of them. Impressions:

510 LR Dual Coil Tank from VaporJunction: the best all around hit, closest to my VV, semi harsh with heavy throat hit and lots of vapor, decent flavor but not full flavor.

Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer (EMDCC): harshest throat hit, decent warmth, very heavy flavor.

Vision Stone 3 from GotVapes: smoothest hit, semi-warm but plentiful and satisfying, all around tasty hit.

Sorry I can't be more help on the single coil with flange hunt. From what I saw only SmokTechs had the flange. BUT...I've seen pics with a round flange here and there, and the SmokTanks use a rounded hex-ish flange. Maybe there's another out there.

John D in CT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Connecticut
John,

Most of the fluxomizers from GotVapes are way too cold and weak on the ego battery. I hear you on the dual coils, but I actually had great success with two of them. Impressions:

510 LR Dual Coil Tank from VaporJunction: the best all around hit, closest to my VV, semi harsh with heavy throat hit and lots of vapor, decent flavor but not full flavor.

Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer (EMDCC): harshest throat hit, decent warmth, very heavy flavor.

Vision Stone 3 from GotVapes: smoothest hit, semi-warm but plentiful and satisfying, all around tasty hit.

Sorry I can't be more help on the single coil with flange hunt. From what I saw only SmokTechs had the flange. BUT...I've seen pics with a round flange here and there, and the SmokTanks use a rounded hex-ish flange. Maybe there's another out there.

Hey John D for your single coil in cart problem, take a look at item d on this link, seems this might just be what your looking for

Custom eGo Cone/plinth - Cloud 9 Vaping

I know this is a uk site but i think c9v have a us site too

Mikkey, thanks again for that - just replied to your email. ( "... better still, I finally found some Smoktech 1.7 ohm single coil flanged stainless XL cartos at Kalamazoo Vapor Shop, and promptly ordered 20 of them. I'll have to add that info to the thread").

NJ, I have also noticed that the EMDCC's do better than other types of LR devices, but I'd like to know why. I'll have to look into this, but I can really so no other reason why a 1.5 EMDCC works pretty well on a Joyetech, while a 1.5 dual coil carto inside a Smoktech DCT with a 1.5 dual coil carto in it is an absolute joke.

Thanks for the input guys.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Do clearomizers (sp) produce a warm or cold vapour? and most importantly, do they leak?

That depends on the ohms you buy.

If you put a 3.0 ohm CE2 on 3.7 volt PV, No. It's not going to be a Very Warm Hit.

But if you put a 2.4 or 2.6 ohm CE2 on the Same PV then Yes. they do give a Warm Moist Hit.

CE2's are Very Similar to a Atty. And No, there Lastest Revisions don't Leak or Crack.

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
OK, quick update here. I have ordered som low res clearomizers to try but to be honest, I'm still concerned about poss leaks, DH on the other hand thought he had found the solution and got me Bud Atomiser tank thingies, tried them and all I can say is they are awful, great idea, easy to fill but the taste is horrendous, plasticy from the word go, I know somehwere I have heard that if you leave them over night or something they get better but I'm not happy at all with them (wish he would stay out of this for a start)
He's now also got it into his head about bottom juice fed mods (seriously, those things are so over my head I'd need a plane to see them).
Oh well, here's waiting for my goodies to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread