question about flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mylt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2011
Virginia
To start off a little back story. I smoked for years then quit when my then GF, now wife, asked me to quit. I did so cold turkey and had no problems like others have had. A few years ago, her and i had a rough patch and i started smoking again. Started with menthol then switched to smooths. I picked up a Mistic menthol kit from walmart and to my surprise it was pretty good. That was Dec 21 and my last analog was Christmas eve. I just got my KGO along with 4 flavors from madvapes, menthol, grape, pineapple upside down cake, and Kona coffee. The menthol is ok, not great but the other 3 flavors are disappointing to say the least. The grape taste like perfume, and for the kona and PUDC is just about unvapeable. there is no coffee flavor that i can taste in the kona, and the PUDC is well, anything but. Could it be that my taste buds are just that far out of wack or am i doing something wrong. My setup is a KGO with boge 2.0 cartos. I can live with just the menthol if i need to but the thing that attracted me to vaping was the flavors available. Any tips or tricks i should try to bring out the flavor? I doubt my feelings on the perfume flavor of the grape will change though.

OH, forgot to add the menthol i got does have a strange flavor to it, almost a medicine type of flavor but i can live with it. I will pick up a couple of different menthols to find the one i like the best.

Last edited:

studio52

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2011
Meridian MS
To start off a little back story. I smoked for years then quit when my then GF, now wife, asked me to quit. I did so cold turkey and had no problems like others have had. A few years ago, her and i had a rough patch and i started smoking again. Started with menthol then switched to smooths. I picked up a Mistic menthol kit from walmart and to my surprise it was pretty good. That was Dec 21 and my last analog was Christmas eve. I just got my KGO along with 4 flavors from madvapes, menthol, grape, pineapple upside down cake, and Kona coffee. The menthol is ok, not great but the other 3 flavors are disappointing to say the least. The grape taste like perfume, and for the kona and PUDC is just about unvapeable. there is no coffee flavor that i can taste in the kona, and the PUDC is well, anything but. Could it be that my taste buds are just that far out of wack or am i doing something wrong. My setup is a KGO with boge 2.0 cartos. I can live with just the menthol if i need to but the thing that attracted me to vaping was the flavors available. Any tips or tricks i should try to bring out the flavor? I doubt my feelings on the perfume flavor of the grape will change though.

OH, forgot to add the menthol i got does have a strange flavor to it, almost a medicine type of flavor but i can live with it. I will pick up a couple of different menthols to find the one i like the best.

Ask ten Vapers about their favorite, or best tasting juices and get ten different answers....best advice, pick a good juice vendor and try some of their flavors, then perhaps try another good juice vendor...and again try some of your favorite flavors..the good vendors all have good juices but may or may not suit your tastes..thats why there are many vendors..

Rawr juices are some of the best out there for flavor and menthol...

AVE has good juice, gorilla juice and Bobas Bounty

Nite lite Vapor for Bounty Hunter

Juicyvaper for ectoplasma and others...

sooooo...buy some juices and see what YOU like. Its all any of us can do.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Well, some vendors are better then others when it comes to quality. I suggest that you try out the various vendors here on the ECF and try to find something that you like. I have found that suggestions are pointless at this time since everyone has different tastes. However, I can give you some links to vendors that are fairly popular here.

Be sure to get either the 3ml samplers or 10ml if you want to give it a real test.

For organic juices, I like these two:

Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes
American Crafted E-Juice

Here are the rest of my go to vendors:

Backwoods Brew
Alien Visions E-Juice
http://www.shopcoppercreek.com/
Welcome to Vermillion River Premium E-Juice
Parkes Vaping

C
ongrats on getting into e-cigs and I hope you quit cigs for a LONG time.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Your taste buds are probably still out of whack if you've just been vaping since Christmas, takes a while to get them back. I doubt that's the full issue though. Since you like the Menthol somewhat I'd suggest continuing with it while exploring other vendors, the same named flavor will taste different from just about every vendor out there. Get small sizes until you find out what you like then go for the bigger bottles.

As for the ones you don't like, set them aside for a while. Letting them set can give the flavors time to work together and improve the flavor. The perfumy taste you described can come across in many new mixes but given a time to just let it set can go away completely.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Check out BlueMist vaping. Huge selection, over 250 juices and dirt cheap prices, $5 for 10ml and $10 for 30ml. They let you pick your own juices for sample packs and I recommend getting a few of the 3ml sample packs so you can try a bunch for cheap. You can get their juices in 80PG/20VG or 100%VG, I recommend 80/20. They also have extra flavor shots for .50cents more and if you find a juice you really like you can get a 180ml bottle for only $30 which is an awesome deal.
All their juices are made fresh and they ship really fast, normally the same day you order. Their in PA so you'd get an order quick.

They also sell the DIY flavoring for every juice they sell so if you ever decide to start making your own you can buy the flavorings of the juices you like from them and make them for even cheaper than their already cheap prices.
They also have everything you need to start making juice yourself. I bought all my DIY stuff from them and it was cheap and makes great juice. They have menthol drops and menthol crystals too so you can get either and turn any juice into a menthol juice if you'd like.

I would def give them a shot. Their alot cheaper than most vendors and have such a wide variety of juices that theres bound to be a few that interest you. I'm addicted to their cafe caramel juice. It has a subtle coffee taste with a creamy like caramel taste. I get a 180ml bottle in 80/20 with extra flavoring and I never get sick of vaping it. It has great flavor and TH and produces a nice amount of vapor.

Taste is obviously subjective, but there are many good juices available from different vendors. Personally I don't like Madvapes juices at all, and think the majority of them have a perfumey taste to them, but other people really like them.
You gota try a few vendors until you find the one that's right for you

Alac

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Ask ten Vapers about their favorite, or best tasting juices and get ten different answers....

Actually, ask ten vapers about thier favorite, or best tasteing juice, you'll get 42 different answers :)

To the OP, there is a cance, that mediceny taste is the PG. I'm typically a PG free kinda vaper, and I can taste it in my 10% PG juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread