Help my husband convert/ flavor recomendations for newport smoker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

annah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2009
Virginia Beach
My husband got his pv last week. As of yet, every flavor of mine that he has tried, he thinks is aweful. He wants something that actually tastes like a newport. (i know, i know) I tried to explain that once he got the analog taste out of his mouth, he wouldn't want an analog flavor, cause it'll just be nasty. But he doesn't believe me. LOL.

Anyway, he has tried ry4, strong menthol, a super weak menthol, menthol tobacco from a mall kiosk, cherry tobacco, peppermint.. I don't know, a few others too. He says the mild menthol isn't too bad. The tobaccos he just made nasty faces at.

He hates fruits, and doesn't want to "smoke" desserts. He loves Mt. Dew, but doesn't want to smoke that either (his words, not mine). I'm at a loss, short of giving him some unflavored. I've got a bottle of dekang nuport coming in the mail, no idea how that one tastes though.

I think a lack of a good flavor is what's stopping him from switching over more. Since last Friday, he has used a whole 2ml out of the menthol bottle I gave him. Yeah, not very enthusiatic. I think part of that is because he's afraid to switch- like the panic I felt when I thought of quitting. His goal is to cut down smoking. My goal is to save his life, whether it be quitting, or just cutting down. He's always been of the mindset that he's not going to live to be old anyways, so it doesn't matter. I want him to be around to see our grandkids someday. But I'd really like the nasty smoke out of my house. Now that I can smell again, it's overwhelming having my house reek of mustiness and ashtrays.

He was excited to shop for his ego, and pick out the color. He was asking every day if it came in the mail yet. Now he's not so excited. But he keeps asking for his nuport liquid that isn't here yet. I guess he imagines that it's going to be perfect, and solve the flavor problem.

So, with all that in mind, can anyone think of a flavor that he might find acceptable for a daily vape? I'm thinking I could DIY him a high nic flavor with a real light tobacco, and a hint of menthol, and it might be ok.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I wasn't a menthol smoker, but my all-day vape is Halo Menthol Ice - it isn't a tobacco menthol, just clean and refreshing. Halo also has a couple other menthol varieties that are very good. I have also heard a lot of folks like Silver Leaf Menthol from Puresmoker. Best of luck!

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Tell him no sex unless he quits.

You'll win that battle.

Har!

Another thought - has he tried any coffee flavors? When I first started vaping, I didn't care much for the tobacco flavors, but found that coffee flavors were a good substitute, as they have a little "bite" like an analog.

DaBatMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Wayne Manor
I was a PAD Newport smoker. My current all day vape is RY4 (love this stuff). It's been my all day vape for my brief 4 month vaping career. I also like menthol. The fruty flavors really didn't do it for me but I'm making it a point to venture out and try more of the tabacco based stuff.

Oh, and btw... I tried something else last night...

Another thought - has he tried any coffee flavors? ...I found that coffee flavors were a good substitute, as they have a little "bite" like an analog.

This is absolutely right on point. The juice doesn't taste like coffee so regardless if you hubby doesn't actually like coffee or not, have him try some of this flavor as it has a little sweetness to it but like Mr. Piano says... this stuff bites and we ex menthol smokers (and even those who aren't) can really appreciate that in an eLiquid.

DaBatMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Wayne Manor
He hates coffee, so regardless if it actually tastes like coffee or not, if the name suggests anything coffee related, he won't try it. :(

tell him his it's a new flavor called mystery meat. that sounds manly enough i think.

just an FYI... i get most of my juice from my freedom smokes and they have newport (which I've tried and it's ok) and kool (which will surely get ordered some more. their juice is a little pricier than most but i swear by it now.

so... short list for me is
1. RY4
2. Coffee
3. Kool
4. Menthol (not all menthols are created equal)
5. (just tried the RY3 and I like it because it taste like the RY4) - go figure

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I was a nuport smoker and my fav vape is sugar cookie and snickerdoodle lol . There is nothing to really be just like a cig and i think its a good thing .Iv tried a few and now prefer a good tasting dessert vape . The closest i got to a newport was mixing nhaler nuport with a slight bit of a tobacco flavor . Its the closest you will get . BWB ry4 is a really good cigar tobacco .

aeroforce156

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2011
Greenville,NC
I am currently testing tobacco liquids, I just finished 5 totally wicked flavors and got 5 more on the way. N/port menthol was ok though I dont think its anywhere near a real newport as far as the whole package goes.

Flavor tried:

Tobacco Americano
RY5
State Express 555
N/Port Menthol
M/boro

The only ones from that list I could recommend at all that he may enjoy is the n/port menthol or state express. I just ordered my new concentrates yesterday so I will let you know when they arrive if any of those will have the experience you are seeking. My order should be here tomorrow or Monday.

rem700

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Mn
As everyones tastes are different both the wife and myself thought dekang nuport tasted like cough syrup.
The onlything tolerable that I have found as a all day vape is Dekang USA Green and Menthol mixed at 5/2.
I recently found a local ecig shop that has a sample bar so me and the wife are making a trip there over the weekend and sample there flavs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread