Question About Juice Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarman56

Jan 27, 2018
Northern Virginia
Hello: I'm changing over from reg cigs to vaping. I curious how you determine when its time to buy more juice to keep stock on hand with shipping time, etc considered. When I get to a pack or two on regular cigs, I buy another carton. Not that easy...at least for now...for when to buy juice.
Thanks
Note: I use Halo with mini tanks.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Hello: I'm changing over from reg cigs to vaping. I curious how you determine when its time to buy more juice to keep stock on hand with shipping time, etc considered. When I get to a pack or two on regular cigs, I buy another carton. Not that easy...at least for now...for when to buy juice.
Thanks
You're going to need to vape long enough to come to a stable daily usage amount and figure it out from there. At the same time, being new to vaping, I wouldn't order too much of any one thing or strength until you see what works for you. You may need/want to change out your PG/VG ratios, nic level, find flavor 'types' you like, and then see actually how much juice you go through each day.

If you have a local BM vape shop, I would suggest buying some juices there until you at least narrow down some of the variable here. You don't want to buy a bunch of juice you won't end up using, or hate vaping. I overbought when I first started because I hadn't taken the time to figure out some of the details of what I liked to vape. :)

Once you're stable in your use, then start ordering online, larger quantities and the like. Always make sure you've got a decent stock of juice on hand in case things go wrong for one reason or another. You don't want to run out. I don't ever trust online deliveries will make it on time. I've got enough DIY supplies for years of juice, but would always have several months worth on hand even before I started mixing. You just need to figure out what you like, strength, VG/PG ratios and the like before you buy too much.

I think your local BM vape shops are the best bet for starting out new. If you don't have a local or reasonably priced BM store, then frequent small orders online until you figure out what works for you.

Best of luck.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Thanks Score69. all great advice. I've already learned some of what you are talking about. I've decided on my juice. I suppose I just need not try to time a bottle of juice running out, but have a couple on hand at all times.
Pro tip....don't overbuy your current favorite. When I started, I loved butterscotch. I got tired of buying 30ml bottles (which were considered big bottles back then). I talked the store into cutting me a deal for a liter of my favorite butterscotch juice. Within the first tank, I hit a wall and decided I hated butterscotch. Still do . I tried mixing it with everything to avoid wasting it. I finally gave up and put it in the loss column .

Your taste buds will change....I promise.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Depends in HOW you vape..... some vape at 30ml a day runnong at 50 watts and higher others like me less than 10ml running 20 watts and lower.

Juice consumption is determined by the size of the coil and how much power ypu feed that coil......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, most e-liquid won't go bad for some time, so you have some wriggle room. You can keep a stock of one or two bottles on hand (depending on size) then order more. Just store unused juice in a cool dark place.

I am going to agree with everyone however, that although your current "favorite" may remain so, your tastebuds may also change, and it can be nice to switch flavors from time to time. I'd suggest also trying "juice testing" at a brick and mortar if you have one near you that does that. It's a good way to get a sense of what flavor "profiles" you are going to like. You can also get sample packs from many vendors, so you can try out flavors in smaller quantities.

For some folks, vaping the same eliquid can grow kind of "stale" after a while, and some people (IMO) who do that sort of wind up "familiarzing" to one juice only, and it can taste less appealing.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Anna

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
It took awhile for me to get it right. I mainly order online. I ran out a few times in the beginning and ran all over town trying to find something which can get costly plus I usually bought juice I was not crazy about. Since you buy cartons of cigs that likely means you are regular smoker so you want to make sure you do not run out.

My advice is to order one larger bottle of something that you like -- like a 120 ml - to keep for emergency. And try not to touch that one --unless you run out of course since that is what it is for.

Personally, I would not stockpile too much more than that because, as Asbestos4004 said, you might get stuck with a flavor you hate.

Now that I know what I like and how much I go through - I mainly order juices in large bottles (120ml or larger) and order about 1000ml at a time and transfer to smaller glass amber bottles. I have 25 of the 30 ml bottles and 5 of the 60 ml bottles. When my stock gets down to between 1/2 and 1/4 - I order more. It is easy to tell when I need more because I keep the empty bottles on one side of the shelf and the full ones on the other side (if the company you order from uses glass bottles - just wash those, rinse with alcohol and let air dry thoroughly before reusing)

Also, in my case I vape mainly vanilla, coffee, and tobacco so sometimes I even mix them for a little different taste or even nicotine levels and put a label on it so I know what it is --sometimes I don't and just get surprised ..lol.

If you use the 30ml bottles - you will soon get an idea of how much juice you go through. Just make sure you fill from only that bottle until empty to get an idea of what you are going through. I use the formula of 10ml per day so I go though about 300ml per month. I order, on average, once every 3 months and do not run out. In between I even order from other companies to try their juice so I find I always have extra and sometimes I have extra stock sitting in the big bottles it was shipped in. Even if I vape more than 10ml per day (which I think do) I find that I have enough extra left in the big bottles so I do not run out anymore.

Plus you will get an idea from whatever suppliers you use as to how quick they ship orders. Some are super slow and some ship right out.

I think the two most important things in the beginning is making sure you have enough battery power and juice so as not to derail you or temp you to smoke instead of vape.

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Thanks

Just wanted to wish you Good Luck in your journey to quitting cigarettes! You Go!!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks for all the great input everyone. Can someone please shed some light on this for me? Would I be able to use V2 Congress liquid in my Halo mini tank? Both companies pass on yea or na.
Welcome. If you fill your tanks yourself then you can put any juice you want in them. Is that what you are asking? If you are buying prefilled cartos or cartridges for something like a juul device then I don't think you add the liquid yourself.

:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
That's exactly what I'm asking Sugar/Spice. I didn't know if there was some technical reason that I couldn't use say V2 juice in a Halo mini tank.
Nope, no reason you should not be able to.

If/when you are ready to upgrade to gear that is not nearly as expensive as Halo, just ask questions you may have. I had not looked at Halo's site for quite a while(until your post, lol) and wanted to check my answer to see if I gave you the correct advice.

Were you a light or heavy smoker? How long have you been using Halo mini tanks? If it keeps you off the cigarettes that is all that matters.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I smoke a pack a day. I'm just now vaping in the evenings. Say from 8pm to midnight. Upgrade to gear that is not nearly as expensive as Halo????? I'm all for that...where? I use a cig type battery with a mini tank filled with liquid.
Depending on your preference as to the look/power of the device will help determine what you might like. Lots of members here may have started on a cig-a-like battery, but soon found it just isn't strong enough in the long run to get the job done. I don't want to talk you into anything, I am just offering advice on there may be more suitable(to your budget) options out there, but may not look anything like a cigarette.

Vaping is a journey that each travels at their own pace. It depends on what you want to achieve by using ecigs.

Some want to quit smoking and use vaping for that and they wean themselves off of the habit. Some are looking for harm reduction(studies have shown that ecigs are 95% safer than smoking cigarettes) but have no plans to give vaping up. Addiction to smoking is so much more than just getting a nicotine fix. That is why it is so hard for people to 'quit' cigarettes. Not to mention that big tobacco adds(or creates by combustion) over 4000 chemicals to create cigarettes. And then there is the emotional dependence, behavioral aspect, social gatherings of like mind, visual satisfaction of smoke/vapor, etc.etc.

Don't mean to write a book here, just trying to give a bigger picture.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
When I started, I got 6 30 ml bottles of various pg/veg blends @ 24 mg/ml.

I tried them all and found a flavor and a oh/vg balance that worked for me. And stocked up.

But very quickly I needed lower nic. For the first year, that was the thing, what worked for a whole stopped working. I had a lot of waste. I have a lot of juice away.

I learned to diy which saved me a ton of money. But even buying juice, and not using 3/4 of it, was far less expensive than smoking.

My advice is to get what you think will work, don’t go hog wild, but don’t fret about the ones you don’t end up liking. This is still going to save you money, and even if it doesn’t, it’s better than smoking!

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
That's exactly what I'm asking Sugar/Spice. I didn't know if there was some technical reason that I couldn't use say V2 juice in a Halo mini tank.
Some tanks can't handle high VG juice... so you may need to use higher PG ratio juice if you are getting dry hits..... wicking ability is generally the only limitation to juice choices.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread