Question about Mini Pro II (v1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quit smoking about a week ago although I've been vaping for about three weeks. I purchased a BUD Pro from PureSmoker.com who've unfortunately gone out of business as of today. I like the setup, however I don't like having to fill the carts fairly often.
I went and purchased a couple tanks (OK but messy) and some single coil carts from Pure last week. I also purchased a Mini Pro II (v1) from a seller on Ebay.

I like the tanks and how they work. However the Pro II doesn't work with the BUD Pro. The air flow is cut off once you tighten it down.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm guessing since Pure is OOB, I should probably go with a different brand. Any suggestions?

I've been looking at the Volcano, and the iTaste from Mt Baker. Any other suggestions?

So far no analog in almost a week after 25 years of a pack and a half a day...Feeling better already.

Vape on!!

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
the Volcano Lavatube is nice, but at the $140 price tag for their starter kit you could spend a little more and get a Provari starter kit for $212. That's what I ended up doing No regrets. Best thing to do is search all the reviews on the devices you are interested in, look at the comparisons, then decide. YouTube is a great source for video reviews. All devices have their pros and cons. The only con on the Provari is the price tag, But the quality is there. One thing in this world holds true, you get what you pay for. Good luck on making a decision.

Asmuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Virginia
Thanks for the advice! Will the lava or the Provari both work with the Pro Tank Mini II? I'm just worried about the air pass through.

They will with an adapter(about $5). The Lava and Provari have 510 connections and the Mini ProTank has EGO cone threading. That tank will work on something with EGO threading like the iTaste MVP or an ego battery(Bud pro is a ego type battery). The MVP has notches in the connector to allow airflow, and is about $70(much cheaper than the Provari and lavatube, the MVP 2 is VV/VW with a resistance checker). I have a MVP and it's very pocket friendly and the battery last me about 2 days.

For a quick fix, You could try to put a rubber gasket from an old driptip on the bottom of the connection to raise the Mini ProTank a bit and allow for a gap at the top of the 510 connection to allow airflow, or you could get a file or sandpaper and make notches at the top of your connector(I have done this before, just don't cut into the threads).

If you get a new device with only 510 threading and don't want to use an adapter, you could get a Protank, which has the 510 connection rather than the ego threading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread