The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Question about my Ohmmeter

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by KurtVD, Jul 7, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KurtVD

KurtVD Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    6F69F46C-EF57-4141-BC72-34AD0F194A8A.jpeg This is my Ohmmeter that I have bought in a vape shop for a few dollars. Since I only use regulated mods, I don’t really need one, so this one is good enough for me. However it came without instructions, and sometimes its displays blinks, and I wonder why that is? Maybe somebody has an idea? It happens sometimes when there’s an atomizer screwed in and I’m wicking, and normally it should just show the resistance. Switching it off and then on again doesn’t help, it will just start blinking again (while showing the resistance). In all of these cases, I could use the atomizer without any problems, so it’s not like there was a short or something...any ideas?

• Like Like x 1
  2. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    I don't have an answer. But this idea may be helpful.
    I used to have one that looked like that. I stopped using it because it couldn't read the sub-ohm coils I needed it to. It was built a long time ago before sub-ohm was popular and before every mod had an accurate ohmmeter built in. You can tell it's old because it still has an eGo battery connector one of those ancient male 510 connectors. Perhaps it's flashing because you're attempting to test outside of its range of accuracy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KurtVD

Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    Thank you, but it's not that. It does measure small values, even below what the mod accepts (0.05, I had accidentally ordered too thick Ni200 wire, that's why know). Maybe its circuit board is more modern than the box, since I have bought last year (in Asia), and it seems to measure correctly (compared to all of my 3 mods).

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. KurtVD

Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    I was wondering what kind of connector that is...now I've looked it up. Why would a manufacturer add connector to measure one specific type of battery? Was eGo that popular?

5. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Actually I think it's even older than eGo. The original vapes were cigalikes and perhaps somebody with a longer memory can supply the name. The white "shaft" was the battery and the brown "filter" was a screw on cartridge-atomizer ("cartomizer") stuffed with cotton and prefilled, with female threading. They also sold a battery pack that looked like a cigarette package that you used to store and recharge a spare, on the go.
    [​IMG]
    I ordered a set of these from China at considerable cost around 10 years ago, with like 2 dozen tobacco juice cartos, but they were so terrible I seem to have repressed the memory.

Edit: I remember now: It's a 510 threaded male connector.

Edit: Curiosity got the best of me and I dug back in my e-mail archives. The kit I bought was the "E-Cigarette E9" from e-cig.com, back in November of 2009.

E-Cigarette E9
    Base price US$53.95
    Features/Options:
    Select Battery Color: White
    Select Battery Length: Long Add US$1.00
    Select Tip Color: Green Add US$0.50
    Select Tip Light: Green Light Add US$4.00
    Select Cartridge Color: Brown
    Select Nicotine Density: (5). Extra High, 24mg
    Select Taste: Marlboro
    1x US$59.45: US$59.45

Cartridges for E9 or U9 Cartridge with Atomizer 4 pcs/pack
    Base price US$6.25
    Features/Options:
    Select Cartridge Color: Brown
    Select Nicotine Density: (5). Extra High, 24mg
    Select Taste: Marlboro
    10x US$5.63: US$56.30

U9 Cable USB Cable for E-Cigarette E9 Save your E9 battery and charger
    Base price US$25.95
    Features/Options: Select Color: White
    1x US$25.95: US$25.95

Battery for E9 Special Rechargeable Battery 3.5-4.2v
    Base price US$18.85
    Features/Options:
    Select Battery Color: White
    Select Battery Length: Long Add US$1.00
    Select Tip Color: Green Add US$0.50
    Select Tip Light: Green Light Add US$4.00
    1x US$24.35: US$24.35

Order amount: US$174.05

Took me a couple weeks to realize that the problem wasn't me. Went back to smoking. It collected dust for a several years until I finally tossed it out in a move. Returned to vaping in 2012 when the technology had improved.

And I found this funny old thread about it: E-Cigarette E9 sucks.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Yes, the. Ego was that popular. The ego adaptor should screw off. If not, you can buy an ego to 510 adaptor for about $4.

7. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    Ive got the same meter.... the blinking is due to low battery current. Try using a fresh battery ( set)