Question About Nicotek E-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I haven't heard of them, but I did visit their website. I'm not sure that I like what I saw, even though they do have some cheap starter kits. When I opened the User's Guide, half of the wording was cut off, so I couldn't really read it. That's pet-peeve number one for me on this site. They couldn't even QC to make sure that everything was there.

The second pet-peeve is that they say the cartridge lasts for about 300 puffs. I highly doubt that. It would depend on how often you used it.

I can't tell what kind of threading is on the cartridge. It could be a 510 thread or it's more likely an RN4081 thread. The cartridges look the same as the ones for njoy e-cigs. You can refill them, but it really isn't worth it.

Pet peeve number three is that they're charging $10 for three cartridges (which are really cartomizers)! That's outrageous in my book. I can buy 5 or 10 for $10 through one of my vendors.

If she wants an affordable, quality e-cig then she should take a look at Liberty-Flights.com. They have many affordable, dependable e-cigs. If you click on the Discount Codes tab at the top of the page, you can save another 20% off the top. They sell everything she'll ever need!

speedjason86

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
Omaha, NE
I have a question that I hope someone can answer. My sis bought an e-cig locally called Nicotek Metro Traditional. She almost instantly didn't want analogs. Only problem is it only came with 2 carts and keeping stocked with extras would be unaffordable. Is anyone familiar with this? Can she refill these cartridges?
Nicotek has juices so you just drip into the cartridges to keep vaping.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I will second the suggestion of Liberty Flights. She would probably in the long run save money and be more satisfied with the Riva 510 or 901 manual battery kit. The vast majority on ECF use manual batteries because they just do a better job.

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510

I would also suggest she start out with 24mg strength eliquid and get several of the smaller bottles to determine what flavor she likes best. Plus much less costly than prefilled carts.

dragonlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
chicopee ma
I just saw the same e cig at a store near my house. I started talking to the clerk about it, but he really didn't know to much, said he just got them in. He did take one of the cartos out of the kit so I could see if it would fit in my eGo, but it seemed a little bigger. They had some disposable as well for $10.00-might be a good "in case of emergency" deal. What was most interesting to me is that they also had extra batteries, a usb and a combo car/wall charger. At least he was honest about the fact that he didn't know anything substantial about them and was willing to let me see if they would work with my PV. Of course that could have been because I'm in there at least once a week!

klikmaus

Jul 17, 2011
Greenville TX
I have a question that I hope someone can answer. My sis bought an e-cig locally called Nicotek Metro Traditional. She almost instantly didn't want analogs. Only problem is it only came with 2 carts and keeping stocked with extras would be unaffordable. Is anyone familiar with this? Can she refill these cartridges?

I am assuming that the carts you are referring to are the "hybrid cartridges". Yes, they can be refilled in the same manner described for the RN 4081. You can use a blunt hypodermic needle to inject juice throughout the cart, or as I have been doing, the small white plug can be popped out, the silicone bushing removed (this is very easy), then refilled by this process:

With the cartridge upside down and at a slight angle, drip 10 drops of juice evenly around the filling. Use the Taryn spin to distribute the juice:

Vapor4Life The Taryn Spin 2011....Everything You Need To Know - YouTube

and then drip another 10 drops, use the Taryn spin again.

The lanyard to do the Taryn spin is easy to make--

the cart holder is an approx 4 inch section of thick cardboard tubing from a coat hanger. This holds the cart really well. on the end that's NOT holding the cart, use a razor blade, drill bit, SOMETHING to drill a hole completely through the cardboard to put a shoestring through to complete the lanyard rig.

I'm not all that good with making images with symbols but here goes:

____
I I
I O I
I I
I I
I I
I I
I I
I I
I I
------

drill the hole at the "O"

your cart goes into the "-----" section. remember to put the cart into the rig with the battery connection pointing OUT of the tube so when you do the spin, the juice is forced down into the filling. It is also good to use one of the silicone caps over the battery end while spinning so juice doesn't fly out.

I was instructed in this process by another member here, Snowdragon.

remember to put the silicone bushing back inside the same way it came out, and try not to distort the plastic cap when removing it.

I have found that after removing and replacing the plastic cap several times, it tends to get lose, so just keep that in mind, cartomizers don't last indefinitely

I hope this helps!

Puffer23

Mar 25, 2012
Florida

It's the worst I've purchased so far and the first! I charged it all night last night and it didn't even last 5 hours today! Now I'm looking for the best!!!! Menthol taste bad like burnt..Have to really drag to get a good drag....Crap!!!!:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread