Question about nicotine liquid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
I have a 120ml bottle of 100mg nicotine liquid that I got from a reputable vendor almost a year ago to try my own liquid mixing. When I got this liquid it was almost clear, with just a very light tint to it. I used only about 5ml from it at the time, and it has been in storage all this time (not refrigerated, but cool and dark storage).

I was thinking about using it today to boost the nicotine level in one of my other juices, but it how has a pronounced golden tint to it. It's still clear, but it definitely has gone through a color change over the year.

So, is it still safe to use? Has the nicotine broken down the pg or something to that effect? Is this normal?

Thanks for any input..

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
From a post by Kurt in the DIY section "Coloration of unflavored nic juice is primarily from oxidation of nic to nicotine-N-oxide, which is yellow/brown"

As a note, nic base shelf life is driven by its base, either PG or VG. PG shelf life is about 2 years, stored cool (40F), with VG shelf life noticeably shorter, as little as 14 months (again, stored cool, kept out of light and away from UV sources).

If your stuff is coming up on a year old, you might want to use it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread