Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Hi - just received an Ody v1 from the classifieds. It's in beautiful condition w/ both 510 and ggts base. Threads are nice and buttery so no connection hang ups. The problem that I am having is that mostly I cannot get it to fire at all. Once or twice it fired 1x then stopped. I've used iAtty and Penelope in the past so am used to building the resistance and wrapping it- tried a few different wires to make sure that this is not the problem. Double checked the placement of my orings. Would anyone here be nice enough to offer any other suggestions for what to try? I'm absolutely stumped. (PS the GGTS is working perfectly w/ other attys - of course). Any help would be very much appreciated!

Darkreign

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Texas and sometimes Afghanistan
Hi - just received an Ody v1 from the classifieds. It's in beautiful condition w/ both 510 and ggts base. Threads are nice and buttery so no connection hang ups. The problem that I am having is that mostly I cannot get it to fire at all. Once or twice it fired 1x then stopped. I've used iAtty and Penelope in the past so am used to building the resistance and wrapping it- tried a few different wires to make sure that this is not the problem. Double checked the placement of my orings. Would anyone here be nice enough to offer any other suggestions for what to try? I'm absolutely stumped. (PS the GGTS is working perfectly w/ other attys - of course). Any help would be very much appreciated!

Sorry to hear about your issues Huffelpuff. One of the few downsides to these great RBAs is the complexity. From the sounds of it, I think you have a short somewhere. Here are the places I have had issues.

1) Ensure that the wraps of the coil are below the ceramic. If stick up and touch the mouthpiece on the positive side it wont fire (short out before reaching the negative side)

2) Ensure that the positive lead stays under the wick in the ceramic channel all the way down past the knurled post and under the nut.

3) Ensure that the negative side lead is cut off before the end of the channel and that it doesn't protrude enough to contact the post.

4) Inspect the plastic washer between the ceramic housing and the center post to make sure it is intact and square.

5) Make sure that the center post is secured tightly to the nut inside the ceramic. if it wiggles around, even just a little, the shaft of the center post can contact the ceramic housing and cause a short there.

6) When assembling, verify that the center post is (relatively) centered in the 510 connection (if using that base)

Hope this helps.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Thanks, Dark! :) I'm going to try to rebuild again really slowly. I'm curious, though, if maybe I'm missing the plastic washer that you are referring to. I've got a small oring inside ceramic and an oring right under rebuildable part before the flat, round base top. If there is something else that goes here let me know. Will try to watch some videos to see if I'm not putting something together properly.

The rebuildable part wont fire even before mouthpiece is put on so I feel like I'm doing something outrageously stupid or missing something big. Will update when I can get the little beauty going.

Last edited:

Darkreign

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Texas and sometimes Afghanistan

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
still nothing!~? Even when I first started w/ penny or iAtty I could get the darn thing to fire. It may have had shorts but this is just not even thinking about lighting the coils. I see the oring washer piece on #13 and do have it. I appreciate the drawing and your help! Wish me luck - will get away from it for a few hours and come back with fresh eyes.

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Maybe it is due a ground connection problem:

Oddyseus V1 has two ceramic channels, so the negative wire has to be trapped / fixed with the ceramic assembly ring (Upper Connection Nut), to make ground connection, how are you trapping the negative wire?

I do it like this:

29urv9x.jpg

It is a little tricky to get the negative wire in there, but it works really good, it will prevent leaks. If you only trap the negative wire with the ring, it may cause the whole ceramic assembly to be a little off axis, causing leaks.

You could also try to place the negative wire inside one of the ceramic assembly threads / channels, between the ceramic assembly and the base.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Thanks Dark and Hi Imeo. Im doing ok!

Center post sticks out pretty far for 510 and GGTS base, so don't think that this is it. I've also been pretty careful to tuck in the unused wire on the ceramic channel. I'll try again - not about to give up yet. Again, probably something obvious that I'm not seeing.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Good suggestions everybody. Maybe I'm building it like a v2? I think that is what I'm doing wrong. It's been a long time since I had iAtty and I probably forgot a thing or 2. I've watched the videos in the beginning but haven't let them run all the way through. LOL back to the drawing board after I get some work done this morning. Thank you so much! The GG crew never fails to amaze me - you guys are always ready to help out with things like this. Have a wonderful morning all xo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread