Question about preventing a possible acne outbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truckdriver712

Jan 19, 2023
Memphis TN
So, I am still fairly new to vaping, and so far, it has been great.

But, I have been doing a lot of reading on this forum since joining and stumbled across all the threads about vaping related acne.
There are many theories and ideas I have noticed. (toxins coming out of your body, dried skin and dehydration, PG/VG ratio)

I was curious about something, and was wondering if it might work.

Since reading through these threads I have upped my intake of water and have started using a Cetaphil as a daily facial cleanser, I use it when I shower, and once in the morning when I brush my teeth, shave, and all of that.

Could it be possible to prevent this with a couple of these tools? I have also been real careful to avoid candy, sugar, and fast food, the things that gave me bad acne as a teen,

Also, when it comes to the PG/VG mix, would my vape shop be able to answer questions on this ? I am really new at this and there is no way I could be a DIY as of now.

Just curious if there is a preventative way of stopping it, should it occur?

I had never even HEARD of acne and vaping, until I started reading here.

Truckdriver712

Jan 19, 2023
Memphis TN
I have seen that on the web and on this forum. A few zits I can deal with, some of the stories I read about cystic acne made me very uneasy.

I guess I was wondering if I jumped in now, with the water, facial moisturizer and stuff, if it could be prevented or at the very least minimized.

Believe it or not, the candy cravings have not been that bad yet. Probably because I have the vape for the hand to mouth action.

Giving up fast food as I am a pre-diabetic, has been harder. For a trucker, it is easy to just hop out and go into a fast food place. Luckily I am a local driver in my city, so can pack up on the healthier stuff during the day.

Funny, I always just thought that you quit smoking, went to vaping and eventually went vape free. Never even KNEW about everything from acne to other problems that could develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread