Clearomizers and acne...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swardi19

Feb 16, 2012
Mobile, AL
Hello all, first post for a long time lurker here. I am looking for good clearomizer that is comparable to a Kanger T3, preferably rebuildable. I having been dealing with acne since vaping and I am in the process of trying to figure out the cause. I have been analog free for about a year and a half now and I am thinking the next step in figuring out the problem is to try a different clearomizer. I have started eating healthier, changed to 100% vg juice, changed to cotton wicks, increased my water intake, and begun using over the counter facial creams and other acne treatment meds and the acne has not gotten any better.

I'm hoping someone here would have some suggestions regarding the clearomizer choice or possible acne solution.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Stephen

Last edited:

AthensGa

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2013
Athens, GA USA
You mention lots of ways that you are trying to combat your acne, but you haven't mentioned one of the most important. Are you washing your face (I'm assuming that's where your acne is located) in the morning and before you go to bed? Some sort of gentle exfoliating cloth would be great for helping to clean the oil out of those pores.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I'm not much help with the clearomizers since I don't use them anymore but kanger protanks & evods seem to be really popular among people I know. I've also been dealing with some acne since I started. You might want to look at your pg/vg ration. I was vaping heavy pg & cut it to 50/50 & other mixes with higher vg. It's gotten better. I also read something a while back that talked about pg building up & leaving a film on the skin so I also second making sure that you're cleansing & exfoliating.

swardi19

Feb 16, 2012
Mobile, AL
Thanks for pointing that out as I should have mentioned that. Most days I wash my face twice a day and the others I get a third wash in. I have not got into the habit of exfoliating so that is something I should probably do once a week I'm guessing.

I've never had acne issues before so I don't see why now I must clean my face differently but I do like your suggestion and will try exfoliating more often. Thanks.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Thanks for pointing that out as I should have mentioned that. Most days I wash my face twice a day and the others I get a third wash in. I have not got into the habit of exfoliating so that is something I should probably do once a week I'm guessing.

I've never had acne issues before so I don't see why now I must clean my face differently but I do like your suggestion and will try exfoliating more often. Thanks.

Same here! I'd never had acne growing up & having it at 30 is no fun at all! I also wonder if it had anything to do with what Matt said as well. I've learned a lot of strange this that cigarettes caused or in some cases caused not to happen. Like apparently smoking somehow smoking inhibited my dental pain. I still don't understand it but apparently it's pretty common.

Welcome to this crazy world of vaping! Hang in there! It gets better!

swardi19

Feb 16, 2012
Mobile, AL
I don't think changing tanks is going to have any impact on acne. They all work under the same principal, so switching to a different brand or style more thank likely will have no effect on your skin.

Yea I was afraid of that. I have read of a couple of people that switched TO a Kanger and their acne cleared. I figured it was worth a try.

swardi19

Feb 16, 2012
Mobile, AL
Same here! I'd never had acne growing up & having it at 30 is no fun at all! I also wonder if it had anything to do with what Matt said as well. I've learned a lot of strange this that cigarettes caused or in some cases caused not to happen. Like apparently smoking somehow smoking inhibited my dental pain. I still don't understand it but apparently it's pretty common.

Welcome to this crazy world of vaping! Hang in there! It gets better!

I'm hoping you're right, thanks!

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
jffvera:11582104 said:
I could be wrong. Maybe some of the juices you like are reacting with the plastic tank somehow. Try a mini protank 2 or something else with a glass tank. Good luck!

All liquids, even water, well leach small amounts of BPA from polycarbonate. If they crack tanks, they do it at an exponentially larger rate.

I think switching to a different atomizer will only appear to be the solution, due to there being a lower production if that is the direction you go. I've read a few times about how people notice reactions a lot more with rebuildables. I try to avoid pg, but I get large amounts of eczema on shoulder and back with itching. I attribute it mostly to flavors, but the pg also seems to be involved. I'm not a good example, because I quit other things...

Talk to a doctor. If it causes alarm, seek a professional.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings Swardi; welcome to the forum.

I started to break out in zits after I quit smoking a few months ago. It didn't go away in a couple weeks, so I got busy with Google and found a site called Acne.org, where I learned that smoking can suppress hormones, stopping smoking can unleash those hormones and result in acne breakouts.

I tried 'The Regimen' recommended on acne.org, and it's cleared up the problem completely (wish I had found a site like this when I was 17, only I was a teenager way pre-internet).

There are three simple products needed for (cue trumpet fanfare) The Regimen, all of which are available in pharmacies. FWIW, here in Canada I could only find 5% benzoyl peroxide, not the recommended 2.5% BP, so I ended up buying an 8 oz tube from acne.org web store. It was a lot cheaper than the BP available to me locally, and it seems to be high quality.

-- Glenn

swardi19

Feb 16, 2012
Mobile, AL
All liquids, even water, well leach small amounts of BPA from polycarbonate. If they crack tanks, they do it at an exponentially larger rate.

I think switching to a different atomizer will only appear to be the solution, due to there being a lower production if that is the direction you go. I've read a few times about how people notice reactions a lot more with rebuildables. I try to avoid pg, but I get large amounts of eczema on shoulder and back with itching. I attribute it mostly to flavors, but the pg also seems to be involved. I'm not a good example, because I quit other things...

Talk to a doctor. If it causes alarm, seek a professional.

Thanks suspectK. I'll try going with a nonrebuildable clearomizer and see how that goes. Thanks!

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
I have also had acne a lot lately, but it's not normal acne. Those buggers are sore. I get them around my nose I've had 2 in my ear (those suck balls), and I get quite a few on the back of my head underneath my hair. Those are also pretty painful. They do seem to be clearing up now though. I've only got one close to my mouth. I also switched my soap to Ivory as there are no perfumes or artificial ingredients in it. That seemed to be the most beneficial to me.

swardi19

Feb 16, 2012
Mobile, AL
Greetings Swardi; welcome to the forum.

I started to break out in zits after I quit smoking a few months ago. It didn't go away in a couple weeks, so I got busy with Google and found a site called Acne.org, where I learned that smoking can suppress hormones, stopping smoking can unleash those hormones and result in acne breakouts.

I tried 'The Regimen' recommended on acne.org, and it's cleared up the problem completely (wish I had found a site like this when I was 17, only I was a teenager way pre-internet).

There are three simple products needed for (cue trumpet fanfare) The Regimen, all of which are available in pharmacies. FWIW, here in Canada I could only find 5% benzoyl peroxide, not the recommended 2.5% BP, so I ended up buying an 8 oz tube from acne.org web store. It was a lot cheaper than the BP available to me locally, and it seems to be high quality.

-- Glenn

Hey Glenn, thanks for the warm welcome!

I have spent a lot of time researching on acne.org and have never ran into The Regimen so thanks for pointing that out. I must say I am guilty of using the 5% BP you mention above so I will look into the 2.5%. Thanks!

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Hey Glenn, thanks for the warm welcome!

I have spent a lot of time researching on acne.org and have never ran into The Regimen so thanks for pointing that out. I must say I am guilty of using the 5% BP you mention above so I will look into the 2.5%. Thanks!

With the 5% -- just like predicted on acne.org -- I was starting to get excess dryness & peeling, but this isn't happening at all with the 2.5%.

Here's a link to the regimen: The Regimen - Official Acne.org Page

-- Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread