Status
Not open for further replies.

somewhere21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Keene, NH
Hi all,

Quick intro. I've been checking this site out since 2010 and started trying to quit smoking (again) with an overpriced SmokeAnywhere. That didn't last. Got a KR-808D, then an X-Power, which helped me stay with it after my daughter was born. I bought and used a Provape-1 in May 2011 and have used that until I bought a Legacy with Kick 2 weeks ago. The Kick never worked (replacement on its way), so I got a black Provari mini (and really like it).

So my question is: With all the technical pro's and con's aside of the various VV+VW devices out there, My experience with Provape has been one where I enjoyed the feel of the device (i.e. extremely well made). Do the other devices(LT, Vamo, etc) have the same high quality feel of the Provape products? While I enjoyed some of my china products, extremely well made was not one of their qualities. I guess some may call me biased, but I would expect that profit margins on USA made vaping products are not as high as their foreign counterparts.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
its not just american made products, but no most of the other products, in the lower end of the price scale do not feel the same while the vamo is heavy the chrome finish wore off for me in a month, while my chrome provari is a year old and looks new.
but there are several top tier companies around the world, and usually i personally found with vaping - when it comes to quality, fit and finish and attention to detail you get exactly what you pay for.

this isnt saying a cheaper device doesnt work and looks like crap but you can def see the difference from say a vamo for 40 to a svoe mesto for 250+. the new aga is a perfect example, it work great and looks nice but i have never heard of anyone reporting the 150 dollar cobra shipping with chipped tank glass.

the evic is another, while he likes it and has no problem with functionality busardos first thought when opening the box was "man that looks cheap"

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
With just a half hour's time browsing the sub-forums for the different model/brand APVs here on ECF, I think you'll find nearly all Provari owners love their device and angry with themselves for not getting one sooner. Scan the threads of the cheaper Chinese mods and the same kind of love is rarely found.

Like Thrasher pointed out, you generally get what you pay for. As I say, if you can find a better APV than a Provari, then buy it.

The Provari clones (that's what they really are; most have designs to emulate the Provari) may have variable wattage and a few more bells and whistles. But if the device only works for 5-6 months, just how important are those bells and whistles then? The Provari is designed and built for the long haul. It does what it was designed to do, and will do it for a long time. And even if it does fail, Provape will be there to fix it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread