Status
Not open for further replies.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
I am wondering if a regular 808 to 510 adapter will work with an 808D threaded device? Frankly I don't know what the difference is. If it won't, does anyone know where I can get an 808D adapter? Thank you in advance.

Preferably not V4L. Not because I don't like them, it's just shipping is too expensive for just an adapter.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I'm not sure which way you want to go, but they make 808-510 and 510-808 adapters. You can buy a shorty adapter where you can put an 808 cartomizer on a 510-threaded battery and it only adds about a mm of added height. The other way is not really practical as the adapter is a short tube to accommodate male ends of the 808 and 510 threading.

IMO, if you need to use a cartomizer on 808 and 510 devices, use an 808-threaded cartomizer and use a shorty adapter on a 510 device. Personally, I got tired of the adapters and now only use KR808D cartomizers on my stick batteries and 510 tank cartomizers on my Provari.

Lots of places sell adapters. You can Google "shorty adapter" for example.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
The answer to your question is yes. But there is a caveat.

If you're looking for an adapter to use 510 atomizers on 808 batteries and your 808 battery is a "sealed" automatic then you need to make sure you get the proper adapter. MadVapes carries them; I'm not sure if other vendors carry the proper adapters, but I know Value Vapor doesn't.

To be clear, a "sealed" 808 uses a different means of air flow to activate the automatic switch than an unsealed battery. That's why modern 808 atomizers are slotted along the bottom of the center post. For any adapter to work on an 808 "sealed" automatic, it has to be slotted on the top part of the center post where the atomizer will thread onto it.

Of course, if you're using an unsealed battery or a manual, then none of this is an issue.

Last edited:

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I believe that the threading is the same. The only problem that you could run into is airflow. Good 808 cartomizers and batteries have slotted center posts to help facilitate airflow. I believe you'll see this on your V4L gear (I have a bunch). You should be fine if either the cartomizer or battery has a slotted center post in an 808-808 configuration. When using a shorty adapter in an 808-510 configuration you probably need to use a cartomizer with a slotted center post to facilitate airflow.

Last edited:

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Thank you Firestorm. I am not sure if the 808D is at all different than a "regular" 808 thread.

As in............I started out with KR808's from V4L and have 808 to 510 adapters for those. But Smokeless Image has 808D threading and I don't know if they are the same.
Yes, they are the same.

808 and 808D are pretty much interchangeable terms for the same thing. The original 808 was discontinued years ago; both V4L and S.I. use KR-808D-1 batteries.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Here's an example: I have a Kanger vGo and SmokTech XL KR808D (non-tank) cartomizers and both do NOT have slotted center posts. I cannot use them together because there is no airflow (like trying to suck a bowling ball through a straw). However, I can use these cartomizers on a V4L EGO and I can use V4L cartomizers (or SmokTech XL tank cartomizers) on the vGo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread