Question about using a kick with 18650 Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Miss Gulf Coast
Thank-you. The mod I have in mind is a telescopic type - Specifically a EHPro Sentinel Mod (sentinel clone) - looks like this -

11193-1.jpg

any idea is this one can work along with an 18650 battery?

Thanks again, friend!!!:2cool:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Thank-you. The mod I have in mind is a telescopic type - Specifically a EHPro Sentinel Mod (sentinel clone) - looks like this -

11193-1.jpg

If that is the same as this one:

$11.59 V3 Style Mechanical Mod - floating 510 center pin / aluminum+brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Then the answer is no.

Under the specs, it lists the maximum supported battery length as 68mm, so it won't hold an 18650 with a kick. You need about 80mm to fit an 18650 (65mm length) plus a kick (15mm).

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Another mech that works with an 18650+ kick without anything else is the Avenger V3. Using the single marked battery tube you can use an 18350, single tube + opened telescopic section can use either an 18500 or 18350 plus kick. Both tubes give you an 18650 or 18500 +kick, and both tubes with an extended telescopic section gives you an 18650 with a kick.

Not the most common mech around, but FT has a clone super cheap.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I'm surprised more mechs don't come with kick rings like the Nemesis. My primary mod is a Nemesis with 18650+Kick2. I'd probably have a shelf full of mechs if more of them would accomodate the 18650+Kick.

It seems to me that there are more mechs coming out with 18650+kick capability lately; even Fasttech started putting kickability in product descriptions last year.

Tesseract

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Miss Gulf Coast
I'm surprised more mechs don't come with kick rings like the Nemesis. My primary mod is a Nemesis with 18650+Kick2. I'd probably have a shelf full of mechs if more of them would accomodate the 18650+Kick.

So, any type on Nemesis clone will accept 18650+Kick2?

For example, this nemesis clone by Hcigar?

Submaniac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Anaheim

11193-1.jpg

The sentinel is a definite no go with kick and 18650. I have two m16 clones, one full brass m16 from Fasttech and a ss/brass from Hcigar (which I think is better quality). With these two mods it is hard to even fit a long 18650. Like the center piece that screws into the top and bottom isn't that long so when I put a longer 18650 batter I have to have threads showing. There really isn't space to fit a kick lengthwise. Plus what you also have to keep in mind is that the center body piece has to screw into the top and bottom pieces, so the center tubes diameter is smaller while the top tubes are bigger diameter. In order use a kick with this design (in 18350) you have to place the kick in the smaller center tube because the top tube is too large a diameter. The kick needs to come into contact with the side wall of the tube and placing it in the top tube it won't work because it is too large for the diameter of the kick. To make a kick work with this you have to place the kick in the center tube, then screw the center tube up all the way into the top tube.

So, any type on Nemesis clone will accept 18650+Kick2?

For example, this nemesis clone by Hcigar?

Yes all nemesis and their clone variants come with an extra tube which allows you to use the kick with an 18650. There are a few other ones with a kick tube extension. None of them are telescoping body though.

Ben C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New England
I run my 3 Nemesis mods (not clones) exclusively with 18650s and Kicks. Over time I've found that that is just the battery setup I like. To the OP - I also have a 69 (another Atmomixani), V3Tronix Flip, and Vaper's Knoll Gnome that all work in that configuration. Atmizoo's Roller will also work in that config, but you need to also have their RD-T2 ring. I am somewhat surprised that more recent and very nice mods (like the Stingray which I had briefly, and the GUS Lord) cannot accommodate an 18650+Kick. But I'm guessing 3/4's of mech mod folks don't use kicks, and then probably only 1/2 of those use 18650s exclusively so it's a small market I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread