Question about V-MOD 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inimical

Feb 14, 2012
NYC
So this is a two part question. I just got the V-mod 2.0 with some Johnson Creek juice. I've noticed that the throat hit is very harsh, like a slightly burning sensation. Is this generally caused by the kind of juice you use, or the MOD?

Second question, for anyone who owns a V-MOD, what kind of cartos do I need to get, and where can I find them? A link would be great :)

Thanks!

Inimical

Feb 14, 2012
NYC
So this is a two part question. I just got the V-MOD 2.0 with some Johnson Creek juice. I've noticed that the throat hit is very harsh, like a slightly burning sensation. Is this generally caused by the kind of juice you use, or the MOD?

Second question, for anyone who owns a V-MOD, what kind of cartos do I need to get, and where can I find them? A link would be great :)

Thanks!

Bump.. Can anyone help?

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
The harsh hit can be caused by a few different things. Usually it's a combination of juice (nicotine strength, higher PG/VG ratio, other "irritant" components). Another component is the power output - determined by voltage and resistance. In short, decreasing nicotine level, decreasing the PG and increasing the Ohms will result in a lower throat hit.

That said, in this case it could also be how well you feed your atomizer with juice. If the harsh hit is intermittent, that this could be because you vape a dry atty, and you need to feed it more (sqwonk longer, make sure you tip the mod when you sqwonk as, as far as I know, this doesn't have a tube going into the bottle itself).

For the other question, the VMod version 2 takes almost anything you can fit on a 510 connection - 510 and 305 atomizers (make sure they are not the sealed bottom type) and pretty much any 510 cartomizer. It comes with a little adapter in there that allows you to connect them. Some "thicker" attachments might not fit well.

I don't own one, but I was researching to buy it myself at some point - hence, someone who has it might give better answers.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Generally, APVs really just deliver a certain power level to the atty/carto. Then one uses various resistance attys or carto's to change the overall heat level of the vapor. More tweaks are achieved using various brands or #'s.

Juices do have various throat hits --- but also realize that some of this could be getting used to vapor and switching from analogs...withdrawal does weird things! And, you will read a million times---drink water. All VG juice is the most mellow---but I, like many, prefer a mix of PG and VG and often use an 80PG 20VG mix.

The Vmod2 is a nice little feeder mod. I've heard it was designed for direct inhale -- and it is a little lighter or airier when using the Hybrid atty's, yet it sure can produce vapor! (I don't direct inhale --- learning to drag and then inhale helped me through my first months of vaping and now I can do it no other way!)

I've used some of Vapage's silo's on it for weeks -- and a couple, just days. YMMV. Boge carto's are also very popular and I like them too---but none have been as long lived, for me.

Just to be safe -- I'd stay in the above 2.0 ohm range, for now. It could just be that the extra volume of vapor you are getting is making the "harshness" more apparent?

vape on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread