Question about VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyPhoenix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Easton, PA
I'm just starting to get into ordering eliquids and filling my own cartos. I recently ordered samplers from an eliquid supplier with a great rep and they are a 50/50 mix. I find them to be truly disgusting. I can't stand the smell right out of the bottle, or the taste in my vape. As I do not think the supplier is the issue I think it must be the VG, as before I have been using pre-filled cartomizers of all PG.

So my question is, do I need to add VG and why? I'm not showing any signs of having any PG sensitivity or allergy. What does adding VG do? Increase vapor production? I am just curious as to how VG affects the vaping experience. And if I can't stand the taste of VG, is there any reason why full PG in eliquids is not optimal?

Thanks for the advice.

LadyPhoenix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Easton, PA
Well I've ordered all PG liquid from my regular supplier before, and all I smell is the flavoring of the liquid. The order I got from the new supplier of the 50/50 mix has this overpowering, almost 'skunk' -like smell to all the liquids. Plus there's this harsh undertone and aftertaste that I don't get in my PG stuff. It's in both of the liquids I tried (and they are completely different types of flavors), so I didn't think it was a flavoring thing but rather from the VG.

I took the bottles out of the mailbox on the day they arrived so they haven't been sitting in the heat.

Dubs58

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
Texas
I'm just starting to get into ordering eliquids and filling my own cartos. I recently ordered samplers from an eliquid supplier with a great rep and they are a 50/50 mix. I find them to be truly disgusting. I can't stand the smell right out of the bottle,Nothing I have smells bad right out of the bottle be it pg or vg... or the taste in my vape. As I do not think the supplier is the issue I think it must be the VG, as before I have been using pre-filled cartomizers I hear carts get funky after a few uses and should be cleaned or thrown out of all PG.

So my question is, do I need to add VG and why? I'm not showing any signs of having any PG sensitivity or allergy. What does adding VG do? Increase vapor production? I am just curious as to how VG affects the vaping experience. And if I can't stand the taste of VG, is there any reason why full PG in eliquids is not optimal?
Im a noob too so just my :2c:
Thanks for the advice.
Im sure others knowing more about pg/vg will chime in soon enough ;)

antism

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2009
Chicago Suburbs
I've had similar issues with VG going bad. It essentially tastes like vaping mildew. Sometimes it's so overpowering as to completely mask the actual flavor.

I haven't had this issue in quite some time. Dunno if it had something to do with letting it sit in light for too long or what. Anyways I usually get at least 25% VG juice and have only had it happen a couple times from one diy supplier. I've been buyin a lot from TV lately with 35% and never had an issue. Probably just the batch/supplier. Try elsewhere.

LadyPhoenix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Easton, PA
It was a while ago, but I had some VG from a diy supplier that was skunk tasting. I wasted a ton of money on them. Never had that with Ecopure or Johnson Creek VG.

Yep, SKUNK is the best way to describe it. So I let them sit a few days. Came back today to revisit the juices. Shook them up, filled up some carts. I tested 5 of the flavors. All disgusting. Heavy perfume/chemical taste and overpowering skunk smell.

So I'm going to assume from these replies that this is a supplier issue and not a VG issue. I'm glad I only ordered 10 samplers so I didn't waste a lot of money.

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
i buy high strength flavors and nic( like 36mg) and mix it 50/50 with vg from WALMART! if that isnt causing me a problem then a supplier who's behined is on the line legaly should have no problem making it damn near perfect....

hi, WHERE do they hide the VG at walmart, I have looked and looked and can't find it.. Pharmacy has been closed everytime I've gone so guessing there, if not, what does bottle look like and in what section do they hide it at :)

My current favorite isn't VG based and I sure miss the clouds of vapor, so thank you ahead of time for sharing info...

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
hi, WHERE do they hide the VG at walmart [...]

Not all Walmarts carry VG, and the ones that do may have it in different sections. It may be in the cake/candy decorating area, around the artificial flavorings, or in the skin-care area. I could never find it at Walmart. I have found "Now" brand 100% pure USP vegetable glycerin 16 oz. for $10 at our local organic food store (just follow the hippies). :D

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
Not all Walmarts carry VG, and the ones that do may have it in different sections. It may be in the cake/candy decorating area, around the artificial flavorings, or in the skin-care area. I could never find it at Walmart. I have found "Now" brand 100% pure USP vegetable glycerin 16 oz. for $10 at our local organic food store (just follow the hippies). :D

LOL they will be a little hard to find around here but, than again they will be easy to spot if I do lol thanks, I'll try the organic shop not too far from here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread