Search Problems - vg vegetable glycerin Suppliers/ Reviews / Sampler Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

808hustlin

Jul 29, 2009
Maui, HI
I've decided to create a new thread with the full words Vegetable glycerin since every time i do as search with vg in it the search engine omits it. If there is a way that someone can come up with a new acronym that would be great.

Anyways Here's my problem I've searched all over the forums and haven't found a good thread with vg suppliers, reviews or sampler kits. If anyone knows of places that sale vg based liquid please post there info here and we will be able to always find the thread by searching for vegetable glycerin.

I had some allergic reactions to pg and all i have that is not pg based is ecopure which is a great vape but i'd like to sample some other flavors as well but everyone seems to be PG based.

Twister

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2009
Conley, GA
I've thought about the lung juice and been wanting to try it out, any favorites?

Just got the sampler set of lung juice in yesterday. Tried the pear lung juice first since it had some great reviews. It is great. Good taste, nice fragrance, would make a tasty all day vape but am not sure about that much herb intake.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I've thought about the lung juice and been wanting to try it out, any favorites?

I just ordered some tonight. I saw the blurb on it yesterday and noticed no PG.... so that's why for the link. I'll let you know when it gets in. I had heard raves about Drew's juice for a while and have had some favorites already established so never got around to try Nhaler until last week and I got a bunch of 6ml samples - I've wanted to try the Nuport for a while... Well, I was impressed with the flavor and quality of all the ones I got - I passed on the lung juice - frankly the flavors didn't interest me on the first order, but after trying some of his other stuff - pretty sure it's PG or a mix because it has pretty good vapor too - I thought I'd try out the lung juice as well this time.

The Nuport is great - there's an old 'best menthol' thread where I was telling people about the freshsmoking.com 'Newport' - and I still like it a lot, but others were raving about Drew's Nuport, and I finally got around to it and it IS good. Different than most menthols or 'mints' and I've been vaping it since I got it. I just ordered the 'Menthol 555' - more raves by others - so I'm looking forward to trying that and a bunch of others.

I really like to try all of these flavors from various places - they aren't all great but Drew has shown me, at least according to my palate, that he knows what he's doing. I wish the fda thing would just go away because there is so much focus on stocking up with unflavored high nic juice (I'm doing it too) but it takes away from what should be a 'regular market' where you try different things out, buy a few bottles more, etc. rather than spend savings on unflavored stuff in the case of a ban. That just isn't right. And people can say that we're 'overreacting' but I was an MYOer and know how that went - I stocked up before it happened but basically you had a 2500% increase in tobacco tax in one day. That could happen with ejuice.

Didn't mean to go on.... but it completes the whole thought of having a good time tasting juice and wanting that to be the norm.

Maui no ka oi...

Skeezix

Jul 1, 2009
I have a PG problem too.

I tried Vermont Vapor. Vermont Vapor - The Smoking Alternative An American company with very good prices and nice folks to deal with, and ALL VG based.

Excerpt from their website:

At Vermont Vapor, all the liquid we sell is mixed entirely by us - we start with 100% pure food grade glycerine and add distilled water, nicotine (over 99% pure), and citric acid to balance the ph.
To this base we add only food grade flavorings - well, with the exception of our tobacco flavoring. That we make ourselves from ground tobacco leaves... and most people wouldn't want to add those to food.
See what flavors we're currently mixing up by visiting our store!

Personally, I don't know why PG is the standard unless the inspiration for e cigs was the fog machine which uses PG. VG gives much thicker vapor, has a pleasantly sweet taste, and it ain't "A substance found in anti-freeze."

808hustlin

Jul 29, 2009
Maui, HI
I have a PG problem too.

Personally, I don't know why PG is the standard unless the inspiration for e cigs was the fog machine which uses PG. VG gives much thicker vapor, has a pleasantly sweet taste, and it ain't "A substance found in anti-freeze."

I agree, I think VG is a much better vape in my opinion. I don't know why most companies that sale PG don't have any VG, also VG always seems to have substantially lest flavors.

FL-Eagle

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Holiday, FL
Hi 808
I've been thinking the same thing as you.
I've been vaping the Ecopure Rich 20mg and I love it, the vapor is super.

Been wanting to try some other flavors but would like to stick to the VG and steer clear of the PG.
After surfing a number of juice supplier sites many of them don't state what is in their juice and I'm iffy about trying.

I'm going to be checking out some of the ones listed in this thread and will be checking back to see if any others are offered up.

Thanks all

WonderfulMe

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Northern California
I have a PG problem too.

I tried Vermont Vapor. Vermont Vapor - The Smoking Alternative An American company with very good prices and nice folks to deal with, and ALL VG based.

Excerpt from their website:

At Vermont Vapor, all the liquid we sell is mixed entirely by us - we start with 100% pure food grade glycerine and add distilled water, nicotine (over 99% pure), and citric acid to balance the ph.
To this base we add only food grade flavorings - well, with the exception of our tobacco flavoring. That we make ourselves from ground tobacco leaves... and most people wouldn't want to add those to food.
See what flavors we're currently mixing up by visiting our store!

I also prefer vg. Flavor selection isn't as good, I've also used vermont vapor and I haven't had a bad experience with them.

As for the "substance found in antifreeze" I am so tired of hearing this, it's ridiculous. Heres the truth next time someone tries to feed you that BS. PG is also found in air sanitizer used in hospitals, schools and restaurants and has been since the 1960's. You've been inhaling it throughout your life and didn't even know. It's in food coloring, sodas, things we ingest every day and is deemed safe for human consumption by the fda. As someone on here pointed out a while ago, dihydrogen monoxide is also found in both eliquid and antifreeze as well as other dangerous products. Sound scary? Should we ban it too? dihydrogen monoxide is water.

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx

You pretty much answered your own question. VG has an inherently sweet taste that makes it more difficult to mix and get the flavors right.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Aren't those all PG liquids??

You likely didn't go to the link but just figured I was speaking of Nhalers liquids in general. But at the link there is a listing of the ingredients in Drew's 'lung juice' and that is a VG base:

"In a base of pure grain alcohol, distilled water and vegetable glycerine."

But yeah, pretty sure the rest are PG but by the vapor I'd say he's added some VG in his other juices. I looked for a listing of those ingredients but didn't see any.

Unless someone is actually allergic to PG, I see no reason to favor VG. If it's some kind of 'veggie' thing going - some VG is made with animal fat and some with vegetable oil, but it's kind of like the commercial use of 'natural' - if it has 'vegetable' in it then it 'must be good'.

808hustlin

Jul 29, 2009
Maui, HI
Okay I got my lung Juice sampler Kit, here is my first review

Supplier: Nhaler
Valina rose lung - 24mg
Great Vapor
Very smooth calming vape

Taste: Wow how can i describe it, It's a very interesting mixture. The vanilla and the rose complement each other very well. Not to overpowering of a taste to me it seems that i taste the vanilla on inhalation and the rose on exhale. Drew from inhaler says that his lung juice should be used once or twice a day and it's a good thing i read that because i could vape this all day.

Not sure about the healing benifits of the herbs yet too soon to tell.

808hustlin

Jul 29, 2009
Maui, HI
Supplier: Innovapor.com
Sampler Size: 3ml
Product: Ecopure
Available Flavors:
  • Rich
  • Rich Light
  • Gold
  • Menthol
  • Purist