Question about warrany replacement batteries I received (7/20/11!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hi,

I received my warranty covered replacement batteries a few days ago and have a question. Both batteris are not acting like the previous ones did...when inhaling, after about 5 seconds or so the battery automaticallyu switches itself off and then right back on again. This did not happen on my batteries that were turned into you...the LED would simply blink letting you know you were hitting it for to long and to slow down...but the batteries would not just shut off and then back on again.

Can you explain why this is happening with my replacement batteries?

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Virginia
I'm glad you added that last bit. I was trying to figure out a polite way of telling you that you hadn't posted on an official Blu forum. LOL

Let me make sure I understand what you're describing. You're inhaling and the light comes on then it goes off during the inhale. Does it come back on or are you done inhaling by that point?

I've had the light flicker (on, off, on again during the same inhale) occasionally, but this did not seem (to me) to affect the performance.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah about after 5-6 seconds of inhaling (remember you inahle longer and softer with an e-cig then a traditional cig) the light/power cuts off for about a second but if you continue to inhale it comes back on. What I'm saying is with my original Blu batteries that I got with my kit only a month or so ago, my batteries did NOT act like this. If the atomizer or battery was getting to hot you would get the 5 or 10 blinks of the LED to let you know to calm down a bit but it wouldn't actually shut down on you...even for a second.

So I'm trying to figure out if this is some new protection mode that Blu has put into their batteries but just haven't updated the info yet on their site. Cause if you read their FAQ right now, you will not see what I'm experiencing.

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Virginia
I experience the same thing from time to time, but it hasn't altered the drag when it happens. I will occasionally get the burst flashes that let me know I'm over using. I'm not sure why it does that, but the performance doesn't change so I don't sweat it.

Edit: I got my starter kit and these batteries three months ago.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Java what is happening with you is SUPPOSE to happen (if you over heat the battery is suppose to blink like 5 or 10 times telling you to back off a bit.) It is however NOT suppose to turn off completely as well as shut down in the inhalation process. No, it's not suppose to do that. Of course 24 hours later...I'm still waiting for a response from Blu...

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Virginia
I think we're might be miscommunicating. I'm getting the overheating blink, but I also get where the light goes out during an inhalation. Mine doesn't shut down when that happens though. If your battery is shutting down it might be a bad battery. It sounds like a partial charge.

Hopefully customer service can help you. If you don't hear back from them soon try contacting them via Facebook. I hope you get this settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread