Question for Provari owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMP1121

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
USA
My bf and I are going to buy provaries (?) we just haven't pulled the trigger yet...you know the deal...

But, I've read, quite frequently, that people have to lower their nic content when using this device. What I haven't read is why?? Does anyone have any insight to this? Is it really just a subjective thing? Or is it something about this unit (and others similar) that would require the lower nic for a lot of people? Does it depend on the juice delivery system that you are using?

I want to make sure that we have our favorite flavors in lower nic so that when we do get our units we will have a good experience right away...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
It's just that it "hits" a little smoother, more steadily, so people get a more satisfying vape than they are accustomed to.
I didn't lower my nic - I just enjoy my vape more!

It's far more likely you'd need lower nic if you were firing a very low resistance coil - running high watts will BLAM more vapor at you...the ProVari compared to most variable devices is a much more subtle improvement than that...

Hope that makes sense. I wouldn't say you need to pre-order lower nic juice - unless you really wanted to do that anyway.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
It has more power so more vapor, hence more nic intake, though a lot of it has to do with the delivery system. Or it could be that people are over vaping when they first get their new ProVari. I did have to alter my nic level when I went to an RTA delivery system. It tastes so good that I'm vaping more. I was getting too much nic.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I'm on the side that didn't have to lower nic. Started @ 12 mg when I got mine and still there. But I did feel I got the nic quicker and I have had a few nic headaches from vaping too much especially when trying new toppers and being overly excited trying new juices.

Once you play with it and then decide on a topper (which will make a big difference as well) you can easily adjust nic level. CONGRATS and enjoy! You guys will love the ProVari!

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I agree that the topper makes more of a difference there.. I already had to drop from 24mg to 6mg going from clearos to RBA/RDA heads...but I did find I needed to drill out the air hole in my Steamboy a bit after getting the ProVari. Burned that much more efficiently the stock hole couldn't keep up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SMP1121

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
USA
Thanks everyone! Your input and experiences have been really helpful!

It just gives us some things to consider before we buy....

The bf is getting pretty anxious to purchase but I remember seeing that some new things are in the works for ProVari, so I'm trying to wait to see if any new features would be important to us.

We both know that we will eventually each want 2 but it would not be in the budget for a while so I would hate buy now and have a new one come out in a month. I know I would still enjoy the model but I'd have a little twinge in my heart....

For now, the vape budget is already....well let's just say I may have to borrow money from China soon... :laugh:

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

The bf is getting pretty anxious to purchase but I remember seeing that some new things are in the works for ProVari, so I'm trying to wait to see if any new features would be important to us.

We both know that we will eventually each want 2 but it would not be in the budget for a while so I would hate buy now and have a new one come out in a month. I know I would still enjoy the model but I'd have a little twinge in my heart....

For now, the vape budget is already....well let's just say I may have to borrow money from China soon... :laugh:

They just announced a new finish for the ProVari, so that may be the big announcement. And in the past, upgrades from older versions were like $20, so not bad...

And look at it this way, you want 2 each in the future, so you are already planning on buying another pair.. So that may ease any apprehension of buying now

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just went to the provape site it just said coming soon but no other info

More than likely its the Zen gold finish Provari. It's been posted in the last couple of days on their Facebook page.

When asked directly (on Facebook) whether Provape was going to be offering a VW upgrade soon, the Provape rep said "no".

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
My bf and I are going to buy provaries (?) we just haven't pulled the trigger yet...you know the deal...

But, I've read, quite frequently, that people have to lower their nic content when using this device. What I haven't read is why?? Does anyone have any insight to this? Is it really just a subjective thing? Or is it something about this unit (and others similar) that would require the lower nic for a lot of people? Does it depend on the juice delivery system that you are using?

I want to make sure that we have our favorite flavors in lower nic so that when we do get our units we will have a good experience right away...

Thanks in advance for any advice!
I think I can answer the why.

If you are coming from a standard eGo (3.7 volt) or cig-a-like kit, yes, you will need to lower your nicotine dosage because you will most likely vape at a higher voltage than 3.7v on the ProVari. Higher temperature=more vapor=more nicotine.

If, however, you are coming to the ProVari from an MVP, Vamo, Evic, eGo twist or other regulated device, you will not need to change anything.

Johnny101

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
I vape 18 all day with a Kayfun filled with 100vg juice on my ProVari, but I would never suggest anyone follow my lead.

It beats the 3 cigars a day I was smoking before vaping.

Caffeine and nicotine are 2 things I like full strength
I'm with you on the caffeine and nicotine

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I'd get them now too. And if something else did come out, I see no reason to buy a new device or upgrade if that is an option. I'm way more than happy. I don't do any extreme vaping - which a ProVari won't really do anyways, I want to get my nic intake and have a reliable device. A ProVari fits perfectly.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
My favorite thing about my ProVari is, instead of buying every new mod I see. I can just buy a new accessory for my ProVari and resume my love affair.

photo.jpg

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
And in my opinion, VW, as it is implemented today, is NOT selling point for me. Yes, you don't have to adjust the power if you switch to a different resistance atty, and yes you don't have to adjust if your coils resistance changes. However, VV or VW, you will still have to adjust when changing juice. VW, as it is implemented today, give you any different quality of vape over the duration of the drag as VV, if set to equivalent power settings. NOW, if tech advances to where the processing power becomes good enough to:
1. Have no discernible lag/ramp up when pressing the button
2. Produce a nearly perfect DC output
3. Be able to go as low (or even lower) than ProVari does now AND go as high or higher power than it can now
4. Monitor and correct the power multiple times per second throughout the duration of the drag to compensate for the constantly fluctuating resistance.
5. Maintain equal or simpler menu controls as the ProVari
6Make it equally or more reliable than the ProVari
THEN VW will catch my attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread