Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Evans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Columbus, Georgia, United States
For those of you who dabble in SLR vaping, have you noticed shorter battery life or not really. If you could answer this question in 2 ways, that would be helpful. (i.e. if they dont last as long, what size/kind and how long it last, and if you are a chain vaper or not so much) Thanks

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Yes, and not really. Each toot is so much more satisfying that I end up taking much fewer of them. In the end (although each button press draws more amperage and uses more energy) the battery lasts about the same. MNKE 18650 1500mAh; 1 1/2 battery per 24hrs.

I was a chain vaper before; now, I think, that would make me nic-sic

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Layman's take in layman's terms; A short circuit is where a section of the circuit you've delineated is skipped. The electricity is taking a shorter path than the circuit layout. So, no. What I call a hard short is where the battery is pretty much the whole circuit. Whatever is connecting the two ends of the battery offers practically no resistance. So the battery is draining in an uncontrolled fashion. So, no. When building superlowresistance coils, we are careful to create a degree of resistance in our build which falls within the safety parameters of the battery we're using.

Jeremy Evans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
Layman's take in layman's terms; A short circuit is where a section of the circuit you've delineated is skipped. The electricity is taking a shorter path than the circuit layout. So, no. What I call a hard short is where the battery is pretty much the whole circuit. Whatever is connecting the two ends of the battery offers practically no resistance. So the battery is draining in an uncontrolled fashion. So, no. When building superlowresistance coils, we are careful to create a degree of resistance in our build which falls within the safety parameters of the battery we're using.

You might, and I would but not everyone does this sort of thing.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
i have been vaping with genesis atomizers for about a year and most of this time has been with resistances between 1.2 to .07 Ω. the first couple of months i was using some elcheapo 18650 batterys. 8 months ago i purchased 4 aw imr's and they are still going strong. when fully charged they are still lasting as long as they did when i initially bought them. now i cant tell you if low resistance coils drain a battery faster then a high resistance coil, or whether pulse modulation or booster circuitry eats up the difference, all i can say from experience is that 8 months is a long time for batterys to last, so does it really matter? will someone specifically vape a high resistant coil because they want to get 2 years rather then one year out of a battery? the battery life is long either way and should be a non factor

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
can someone inform me on what "feathering the button" means... does this mean like barely pressing it?

Yes-ish. Rapidly tapping, say. Like feathering the clutch on a motorcycle. Playing with the grey zone between fully engaged and not. Flirting. Making promises. Doing; but, not doing. Bill Clinton-ing the doobie. Donating to NPR, but never sending the check. Whistling at the girl, but turning red when she looks at you. Vaping @ .3Ω; but not VAPING @ .3Ω.

Seriously, tho, it's for wearing the sharp edges off a fully charged battery.

Last edited:

Jeremy Evans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
i have been vaping with genesis atomizers for about a year and most of this time has been with resistances between 1.2 to .07 Ω. the first couple of months i was using some elcheapo 18650 batterys. 8 months ago i purchased 4 aw imr's and they are still going strong. when fully charged they are still lasting as long as they did when i initially bought them. now i cant tell you if low resistance coils drain a battery faster then a high resistance coil, or whether pulse modulation or booster circuitry eats up the difference, all i can say from experience is that 8 months is a long time for batterys to last, so does it really matter? will someone specifically vape a high resistant coil because they want to get 2 years rather then one year out of a battery? the battery life is long either way and should be a non factor

I was referring more towards time between charges not life span of the battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread