Question for the ladies here

Status
Not open for further replies.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
So I'm buying my girlfriend her first vape mod. I know what guys like, but I know that a girls opinion is a lot different than a guys opinion. So I'm not just going to go out and buy what I think she needs. She'll probably think it's too big and clunky and end up not using it.

So ladies, help me out please and let me know what your favorite mod is.

Thanks!!!

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So I'm buying my girlfriend her first vape mod. I know what guys like, but I know that a girls opinion is a lot different than a guys opinion. So I'm not just going to go out and buy what I think she needs. She'll probably think it's too big and clunky and end up not using it.

Thanks!!!

Why not take her around to several local vape shops and let her look and hold a bunch of different mods? You cannot understand how something "feels" to hold, just by looking at a picture or watching a video. Once you get an idea of the size/colors she is into, then you can focus on getting something in that size/color that is reliable. If she is anything like my wife, she goes more for appearance and feel than functionality and reliability so she may need some guidance to avoid poor performers. I would also try to keep her away from SMOK products, b/c if she ends up with a bad first impression she may go back to smoking and never try anything else.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
Why not take her around to several local vape shops and let her look and hold a bunch of different mods? You cannot understand how something "feels" to hold, just by looking at a picture or watching a video. Once you get an idea of the size/colors she is into, then you can focus on getting something in that size/color that is reliable. If she is anything like my wife, she goes more for appearance and feel than functionality and reliability so she may need some guidance to avoid poor performers. I would also try to keep her away from SMOK products, b/c if she ends up with a bad first impression she may go back to smoking and never try anything else.
Mostly because I want to surprise her with it.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Oh I will add that speaking of my wife, we did just what I suggested yesterday and she ended up with the Aspire Skystar mod (but NOT with the Revo tank, it's trash). She is using it with my old SMOK TFV4 using the RBA head. She is vaping a .6ohm 26ga SS316L in TC. Now we are looking for a better tank for her.

I will say that if you are going to get this particular mod and plan to use TC, then beware that it vapes hot. So start at about 350F and increase from there and I wouldn't go above maybe 410F on it.

EDIT: OK we cross posted, so I will add a bit more about my wife's tastes. She likes things that "feel" good to hold. So rounded edges, not boxy with hard edges. She also likes colorful, "pretty" mods with patterns. So find out your girl's favorite color(s) and go from there.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
Is there a mod of yours that she has ever used?
Did she like it or hate it?
Does she like small and colorful or it doesn't matter to her?

Does she need it to last her all day?
I think everytime I upgraded I found likes and dislikes about what I stopped using and also what the new upgrade was giving me.

I personally like sleek and minimal logos. Not into deep engraved skulls and dragons and dead animals LOL.
But I do like colors LOL
There are so many options to choose from as for as size and shape and function.
I would certainly try to get her input first.
:toast:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Mostly because I want to surprise her with it.

OH, you could be sneaky about it. Take her to several vape shops under the guise of you wanting something new, BUT pay attention if anything catches her eye. Like if she remarks "that one is pretty" make a mental note, or even ask the shop to let you hold it, then hand it to her and ask "what do you think?" and see if she likes it, but then say "maybe later". This way you can get some input without her knowing you are shopping for her. By the way, this works for other things like jewelry as such. Let her window shop but pay attention to what she is looking at for later purchases.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks for that. I'll take a look at it. I really just want a woman's suggestion. I know that men and women differ quite a bit whne it comes to this stuff.

Tesla Wye. .. it's so pretty! I like the white with color splash myself..

Plus, the board is awesome and the mod itself is very lightweight. it's a win...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can tell you that I like expensive stuff. Um, like provaris. Really, any color is fine :lol::lol:.

For a nice, tiny, but very pretty starter kit, the Tarot Nano is a great vape (IMO, and I run it using the 0.5 coil, but vape it MTL at around 14 watts). If your g/f is into "tiny" and "pretty" that might not be a bad choice, although it may be a bit cloudy, but I think you can get 1.0 coils for it? I could be wrong, I won it, but I have to say I like it a lot, and it is most definitely cute and portable....

Anna

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
As a woman, I agree that the most appealing mods aren't as "boxy" and hard angled as the rest. Colors I like are hard to find, so I usually end up putting a vinyl skin on my mods. I'm currently using a Vaporesso Revenger, and I love the way it feels. It's rounded and smooth. I just need to get a vinyl skin to put on it because the black look has gotten old. It's a great mod, rock solid and TC works great. I'm also a fan of Sigelei mods.... the Kaos is gorgeous, feels great, and you can change up the color of its lighting.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I like leather and silver. My favorites are LV Therion and TV Exus Ark. Can't help with colorful. How big is her purse? The Sinuous P80 is an attractive single 18650 if she won't using high watts. The Hcigar War Wolf is a small attractive mod as well.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA

Thanks!!!

I hate big bulky mods. I have the Smok pro color with the Prince tank and I absolutely love it. It doesn’t limit the wattage like sticks do and it allows me to vape as high or as low as I want. It’s also thin enough to fit in my coin purse with a juice.
3BADB534-4EA3-4B74-A7BB-4B769B0D7C4C.jpeg

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
@optsmk ... MY MAN...

You just did the vaping equivalent of asking a bunch of females what the best purse looks like.

Take @ScottP's advice about the shopping trip. If it doesn't work and she hates it at least you'll have a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread