Question of the Day: What does "Max VG" really mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Because it's not "100%" VG... or is it?

All VG besides flavorings in PG?

All VG besides flavorings and nic in PG?

Actual, 100% VG?

Does it vary vendor-to-vendor? I hate that.

I don't have a PG problem as far as I know and actually prefer around 80VG but I'm curious as to what you believe or KNOW "Max VG" to mean.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
That's pretty much how I understand it, too, but I hate not having a real ratio. Any given juice could have some flavors that are VG, some that are PG, of course the nicotine could be either too... I dislike that Max VG is bound to mean different things depending on where you get it! "70/30 VG/PG" means the same thing everywhere, if it's accurate.

Just curious about it. As I kind of alluded to, I rarely buy Max VG regardless!

Nuclear Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2014
Memphis, TN
I think it would be hard to give an actual VG rating for MAX VG juice because I think the only PG is the flavoring and would vary on different recipes. VG based nicotine is pretty common. For me I've found that a little PG really helps the flavors shine and will usually order mine with a 80/20 mix or something like that.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I was told of one company that uses VG flavoring, Clouds of Goodness. This was told to me by my local B&M owner that carries the line. I've never looked in to whether it's really true but it's great juice. I cannot say that it's impossible to make VG flavoring as PG is just a component that could be substituted in the formula but they would need a thinning agent to help with wicking. I have always wondered if you can purchase VG based flavor as I've not seen it.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I believe most, or rather all, VG-based flavorings (including those from Nude Nicotine) have alcohol in them or some other organic solvent. VG is not good for extraction/dilution of flavors. If there are no PG in juice, it should have some water or/and alcohol, otherwise it will be not vapeable it tanks (wicking issues).

Reactions: Denvap0r

sake1bs

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
nyc
I believe most, or rather all, VG-based flavorings (including those from Nude Nicotine) have alcohol in them or some other organic solvent. VG is not good for extraction/dilution of flavors. If there are no PG in juice, it should have some water or/and alcohol, otherwise it will be not vapeable it tanks (wicking issues).

Was on a pure vg search for my dad who would cough with any pg added, found many pure 100vg but still didn't work well until i stumbled upon virginvapor they have an absolute line that is alcohol free and seems to do the trick as he can vape it without coughing, he still smokes cigs but at least he has cut down i hope to get him totally off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread