Question on Atomizers LR or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

craighwk

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2011
Denver
bpm.org
1.8 and 2.0 will work okay on a 750 mAh battery? I have one on the way to me now (Moving up from a lowly 808D) and I am not too familiar with how the energy ratings work yet. I heard a few people mentioning how it's not good to use a LR cart on 650 mAh or below as it will burn out the battery quick, but is 750 a good level to start at?

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
i guess the key would be to have a couple batts ready so you can use one while the other recharges.
as for damage to the small batt pv's like ego types, i am not sure but i'd use discretion and get the 1.8 or 2.0 just to be as safe as poss.
the SR (starting at 2.2 Ohm to 2.5 for 510, and 3.0 for 901, are safer but cooler and less vapor with the ego types... but that's as low as the get in SR ... just don't go higher in Ohms or you wont get any vapor).
I think ego types are not built or engineered for LR per se... but folks do. I know i would.

I would at least get a mod pv from Madvapes or somewhere that will use a larger replaceable batt to start with... they're cheap. ie. 14500 or 18650 batts

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Yes, 1.8 to 2.3 Ohm atty is the range for you now. imo.
in carto's you can go a little bit higher.

if you mean cartomizers, ("carts") then they seem to fire up with higher resistance.
i.e. a typical SR cartomizer is 3.+ and is comparable to a 2.4 Ohm atty.
a LR cartomizer is about 2.3 Ohm and a LR atty is about 1.5 to 2.0

Thanks for the reply! Just by mentioning which Ohm carts to pick up helps a lot. Seems like I'm getting 2.0 Ohm free with the starter kid, so I will see how those go before giving a 1.8 Ohm a try.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
I used 1.5 lr atties on ego and Ego T batteries for a month and they seemed to work fine. The biggest thing to realize is that they will drain the batteries pretty fast. Also, with those pvs I found that after an hour the hit was dropping something fierce and I had to switch out batteries after 2-3 hours to continue to get a good vape. The biggest issue I had was consistency, I found I was holding the button down longer to get a similar experience in relation to time. I have since moved to a 18650 battery mod and that has made all the difference. I now get hours of consistent vaping.

So you should be ok with LR atomizers on the Ego and Ego T batteries. Definitely try the Iken line of atomizers, they are amazing compared to the other atomizers I have tried(bauway, joye.... havnt tried cisco yet).

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
If you are dripping, realize that not all atties are created equal. For the last two month I have tried allot of atties and there are some major differences in inhale, heat and longevity. I have even found that some atties that are rated at lr1.5 do not perform the same as others with the same rating. I am partial right now to the Iken atomizers. I will be trying the Cisco spec soon as it seems most iken atties are not in stock currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread