Question on Ohms law and battery safety with a big build

Status
Not open for further replies.

xchaoticx

Feb 16, 2018
The Sony VTC5 is a 20 amp CDR battery. May want to read the following:

Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations for a Mechanical Mod
  • As simple as it is to use, some people have a tough time grasping the concept. Recently revised to make it even simpler to understand.
A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod
  • Covers the differences between a mechanical vs. regulated mod, essential safety accessories, optional safety accessories to add layers of safety to your mech, routine maintanance, use of proper batteries, proper ventilation, low resistance vaping, and faux hybrid mods.
Thanks for linking those I will definitely read up on them!

xchaoticx

Feb 16, 2018
Your resistance is NOT going to be around 0.3 if you use dual coils, at least at that resistance. Dual coils HALVE your resistance, so with that build you will be vaping at 0.15. I would not recommend doing that on a single battery mod, so your choices may be to get a different RTA for that mod (probably a single coil RTA or RDA would work best) and build a coil in a higher range. Absolutely NOTHING wrong with starting out higher (0.5 is a good, safe place) and seeing how you like the vape, with a single coil. You can then start to experiment with slightly lower builds, but I wouldn't recommend starting there or lower trying to get used to your new equipment. Or you will need a dual battery mech to give you the safety and headroom you need for what would be a 0.15 build (if you are lucky, and don't make any errors during the building process.) Also, most ohms readers are not supremely accurate, so building in safety is always a good idea.

Best of luck, I would save your single battery mechanical mod and pair it with a more well suited, single coil RDA or RTA.

Best of luck,

Anna
Thank you for that information! I've been messing around with the Coil Wrapping on Steam Engine, and trying different stuff using a Coil Master Kit. So I'll go ahead and build higher around .5/.6/.7 depending on how confident I feel at the time but I for sure won't go below .5.

Reactions: stols001

xchaoticx

Feb 16, 2018
Well visually at least I don’t think there IS a mech the dump tank won’t look ridiculous on. Tanks like the dump tank were designed to be used on large 3 battery VV mods not mechs.
That is true, im kinda liking how ridiculous they look, but I don't think it would look good on a Flawless v3 at all, and it would be a bit too top heavy. I did get an email about a Laisimo F4 360W by Sigelei, it's supposed to fit the Voltrove 41 and have no overhang, and its a 4 battery regulated mod.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That is true, im kinda liking how ridiculous they look, but I don't think it would look good on a Flawless v3 at all, and it would be a bit too top heavy. I did get an email about a Laisimo F4 360W by Sigelei, it's supposed to fit the Voltrove 41 and have no overhang, and its a 4 battery regulated mod.
The Smoant Cylon might maybe do it too. Not sure. I know it doesn’t fit on an ageis which is quite large and will take a 30mm tank with room to spare.

Kiyle the Manlet

Feb 12, 2018
Ohio
What in terms of a mech would you guys recommend for such an RTA like the dump tank?

Honestly, a limitless RTA wouldn't be too bad.

But I prefer your standard RDA for my mechs. I recommend the vandyvape icon if you're on a budget (doesn't mean it's poor quality or anything), the goon, the Apocalypse, the drop, The dead rabbit is cool, but if you purge (blow out before you inhale) it could hurt lmao. The limitless RDA is pretty neat, some of them have heat sensitive paint that changes color.

• Useful

xchaoticx

Feb 16, 2018
Honestly, a limitless RTA wouldn't be too bad.

But I prefer your standard RDA for my mechs. I recommend the vandyvape icon if you're on a budget (doesn't mean it's poor quality or anything), the goon, the Apocalypse, the drop, The dead rabbit is cool, but if you purge (blow out before you inhale) it could hurt lmao. The limitless RDA is pretty neat, some of them have heat sensitive paint that changes color.
A color changing paint would be kinda badass.. I ended up having a bit of time to look at a brick and mortar while I was driving and went ahead and picked up a regulated mod. I'll have to look at those next time I have a chance to stop, thanks for the recommendations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread