Question. Please help: limitation of batteries Panasonic CH, PF, PD and B

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnln

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
SCal
I start to build sub-ohm and jack up the wattage on my new sigelei, so I need to know the limitation (safety current draw) on my batteries. Can someone please help?
Thanks

NCR18650PF:

NCR18650PD:

CGR18650CH:

NCR18650B:

I think I am going to try 1ohms or a little below maybe 0.8ohms. So wattage should be around 12-13 W? Current should be a little more than 3A?

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I start to build sub-ohm and jack up the wattage on my new Sigelei, so I need to know the limitation (safety current draw) on my batteries. Can someone please help?
Thanks

NCR18650PF:

NCR18650PD:

CGR18650CH:

NCR18650B:

I think I am going to try 1ohms or a little below maybe 0.8ohms. So wattage should be around 12-13 W? Current should be a little more than 3A?
NCR18650PF: 10 amps continuous discharge rate

NCR18650PD: 10 amps CDR

CGR18650CH: 10 amps CDR

NCR18650B: 6.8 amps CDR

Battery Basics for Mods <--- contains list of recommended high drain batteries with specifications

Is your Segelei mod a mechanical or regulated mod?

If regulated, the processor chip has its own amp limit. Its specifications should be printed in the owners manual. As folkphys said, you don't use atomizer resistance to figure out amp draw on your batteries when using a regulated mod.

If mechanical, the coil resistance is used with an Ohm's Law calculator to determine the amp draw from the battery. Never exceed the amp limit (continuous discharge rate) of your battery.

Explain It To The Noob: Ohm's Law Calculators

1.0 ohm = 4.2 amp draw
0.9 ohm = 4.6 amp draw
0.8 ohm = 5.2 amp draw
0.7 ohms = 6 amp draw
0.6 ohms = 7 amp draw
0.5 ohms = 8.4 amp draw
0.4 ohms = 10.5 amp draw
0.3 ohms = 14.0 amp draw
0.2 ohms = 21.0 amp draw
0.1 ohms = 42.0 amp draw
0.0 ohms = dead short = battery goes into thermal runaway

rnln

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
SCal
Thanks guys,

The new sigelei boxmod I have is the mini 30w. I am currently running Kraken built at 1.5ohms (afraid to build at 1ohm before I ask)

Reading some of the suggestions makes me confused, the part you guys said "don't use the atomizer resistance to figure out the current". If I read the box mod, the resistance of the atomizer will display after built, maybe between .8ohms to 1 ohm (the resistance display on the box mod screen). After setting the wattage, I can read the voltage on the display too. Isn't it I=P/V?

Example:
- My current built is 1.5ohms, setting power at 12w, the boxmod display 4.3v ... isn't that I am running current at 12/4.3=2.8a?
- If I set the wattage at 10w, boxmod displpay 3.8v, then my current draw is at 10/3.8=2.6a?

With these figures above, I am safe with all the batteries above, I think?
BTW, I plan on using it PWM, not DC-CD.

Thanks again, and thanks in advance.

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Thanks guys,

The new sigelei boxmod I have is the mini 30w. I am currently running Kraken built at 1.5ohms (afraid to build at 1ohm before I ask)

Reading some of the suggestions makes me confused, the part you guys said "don't use the atomizer resistance to figure out the current". If I read the box mod, the resistance of the atomizer will display after built, maybe between .8ohms to 1 ohm (the resistance display on the box mod screen). After setting the wattage, I can read the voltage on the display too. Isn't it I=P/V?

Example:
- My current built is 1.5ohms, setting power at 12w, the boxmod display 4.3v ... isn't that I am running current at 12/4.3=2.8a?
- If I set the wattage at 10w, boxmod displpay 3.8v, then my current draw is at 10/3.8=2.6a?

With these figures above, I am safe with all the batteries above, I think?
BTW, I plan on using it PWM, not DC-CD.

Thanks again, and thanks in advance.
With regulated mods the set wattage and the charge level of the battery (and the efficiency of the mod) determine the amp draw. Opposite to unregulated mods the amp draw goes up as the battery charge decreases (the battery is worked harder to provide the wattage). Check the current calculator on steam-engine.org. Set it to regulated mode.

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread